Packers win over Bills 22-0 Post game thread

Gopackgonerd

8 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Cook signed a 2 year contract for $10.6M with Oakland in 2017. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/jared-cook-6042/

And you assert above that the Pack's previous GM offered Cook MORE THAN $21,200,000 over two years ("Cook ended up signing with the Raiders for less than half of what the Packers offered him") only to have Cook's agent reject it. 

Wow, what a colossal blunder that would be by Cook's agent.

The only thing is, I can't find any information anywhere supporting this assertion. 

Any chance you could provide evidence to support the proposition that Jared Cook "ended up signing with the Raiders for less than half of what the Packers offered him?"

Actually, I did preface that whole post with IIRC.  I'm soo sorry to offend your high standards of journalism so let me ask forgiveness.

I never asserted TT offered $21M over two years.  Those were your words. 

My mistake was remembering incorrectly (something you never do- I know) that GB's first offering to Bennett was reported at $21M over three years.  I think it later came out to $18.75M (?) over three years.  Cook's deal with Oakland was $10.6 over two years.  I am unable to find definitive proof of GB's offer to Cook, though the articles I perused hinted at $18M for three. 

My clarity of recall is a mere shadow of your stunning ability of putting words in people's post that didn't seem to be there to start with.

Apologies for my inaccurate memory of a guy who doesn't play for us anymore because he took less from another team.O.o

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Perfectly acceptable. 

Ease the guy in, wasn't he banged up all last year? Keep him fresh for January.

Yeah, as much as I want to see Jones... the guy got hurt two times last year and they Bills weren't going to win that game. Why beat Jones up? 

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah, as much as I want to see Jones... the guy got hurt two times last year and they Bills weren't going to win that game. Why beat Jones up? 

Absolutely.

Jones is an explosive weapon, but he is not a bell cow back.  The team will need to be careful with his workload so that he continues to be available and produce.

We were moving the ball with all 3 backs, so no need to overwork the guy.  Getting a good performance from all three will be important this next week as we will need a good running game to take some of the pressure off the passing game while Cobb and Allison are out.

The offense was a little off, and Aaron Rodgers was obviously disappointed in his performance and that of the offense yesterday, but I wouldn't over read his comments yesterday.  Rodgers is injecting a sense of urgency into his teammates, and things will come around as  the season progresses.  Going to need the rookie WR's to start stepping up with Cobb out and now Allison.  The answer won't be to throw all the passes to Adams, so now is the time for MVS, EQ and/or J'mon to bring it.   

53 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The more carries the merrier for Aaron Jones, but he got dinged up a bit late in the game after making a block.  Williams came back out and logged a few more carries.  I think both Williams and Jones logged 11 carries.  I think Jones might have hit 15 carries had he not got dinged up late.  Still though .. lets start getting this guy 20 plus touches .. he's explosive .. probably our most explosive athlete on offense.

I mean I am perfectly fine with completely taking Jones out and pounding Williams at the end of a game like yesterday when it's completely in hand.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Washington kicked our *** and this thread after a 22 point win and shutout is more miserable to read than that post game thread was.

It makes sense to me, for the same reasons Rodgers is more miserable after this game

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Washington kicked our *** and this thread after a 22 point win and shutout is more miserable to read than that post game thread was.

What kind of discussions do you want people to be having?  Also, if you dislike what people are discussing you can simply ignore them and add your own comments on things you do want to discuss.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It makes sense to me, for the same reasons Rodgers is more miserable after this game

The offense looks to be in preseason mode still. Makes sense since Rodgers barely plays in preseason and then his injury made practicing impossible for awhile. Hopefully the O starts to come together.

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I understand why Rodgers is upset, it was his worst game of the year. For me? I know Rodgers is going to play so much better, I know GMo is going to catch those open passes, etc. I thought the offense had potential for a big day just like Aaron, as his mobility comes back, the receivers get healthy and the OL too, it'll get there. The offense is not my long term concern vs the defense, so I am much more relieved to see the D play like it did.

Josh Allen was confused from the first snap, everyone can discredit if as much as they want but Allen put up 20+ points the last two weeks. We played that well without King or Breeland who I only see improving the defense. 

Also the Aaron Jones crowd needs to take a large dose of reality. You aren't smarter than Mac. Jones was banged up all last year, he lasted a day in TC before he got banged up, and yesterday he got banged up again in pass pro picking up a blitz and that's why you didn't see him the last two drives. I'd rather have 16 games of Jones for 12-15 touches than 4 of 20+ and then he's out for 3-4 weeks. Jones is not a workhorse back like Williams. We'll play 3 RBs and we should, because they all bring something useful.

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Three offense looks to be in preseason mode still. Makes sense since Rodgers barely plays in preseason and then his injury made practicing impossible for awhile. Hopefully the O starts to come together.

I gave MM an A+ for the first half of the Viking game - it was amazing. I just want more of the same

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I understand why Rodgers is upset, it was his worst game of the year. For me? I know Rodgers is going to play so much better, I know GMo is going to catch those open passes, etc. I thought the offense had potential for a big day just like Aaron, as his mobility comes back, the receivers get healthy and the OL too, it'll get there. The offense is not my long term concern vs the defense, so I am much more relieved to see the D play like it did.

Josh Allen was confused from the first snap, everyone can discredit if as much as they want but Allen put up 20+ points the last two weeks. We played that well without King or Breeland who I only see improving the defense. 

Also the Aaron Jones crowd needs to take a large dose of reality. You aren't smarter than Mac. Jones was banged up all last year, he lasted a day in TC before he got banged up, and yesterday he got banged up again in pass pro picking up a blitz and that's why you didn't see him the last two drives. I'd rather have 16 games of Jones for 12-15 touches than 4 of 20+ and then he's out for 3-4 weeks. Jones is not a workhorse back like Williams. We'll play 3 RBs and we should, because they all bring something useful.

Against better teams - if you use Jones like we did yesterday, it's useless. You might as well just risk injury or just sit him all together. Did he really make a difference ? Was he allowed to ? Was there a flow ? Was he allowed to even get warmed up ? If MM was so worried, why play him when the game was essentially over ? I may not be smarter than MM, but Rodgers isn't pissed at me. Give the kid the rock in meaningful situations and with some rhyme and reason, or put him in a glass box and put him on the shelf for display purposes only. One or two touches every third possession is dumb, and is probably more risky injury wise

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Against better teams - if you use Jones like we did yesterday, you might as well just risk injury or just sit him all together. Did he really make a difference ? Was he allowed to ? Was there a flow ? Was he allowed to even get warmed up ? If MM was so worried, why play him when the game was essentially over ? I may not be smarter than MM, but Rodgers isn't pissed at me

Rodgers frustration has far more to do with the pass game than run game IMO. Before the final drives where TyMon and Williams had to eat clock and kill their YPC I would imagine all 3 of our backs were up over 4 YPC. Williams and Monty both played really well yesterday too I thought. I know Aaron loves Williams as his 3rd down protector and he loves TyMon as a mismatch in the pass game in the backfield. I'm sure he wants all 3 to play.

His frustration is with the pass game. The Bills played him 1 high he said. Teams never do that against us. I don't think Mac was aggressive enough to him, I think Rodgers wanted more down field shots with Tae and Graham and they never really dialed them up. To compensate for that Rodgers forced a few to them and they weren't good throws or decisions. One thing is very clear to me about the offense through 4 weeks, and that is we aren't fulfilling what is one of the most important aspects of offensive play calling IMO. Planned attacks of all the grass on the field. You want to hit stretch the field on the sidelines, you want to push the ball up the seams, you want quick hits to the flat and over the middle, you want sweeps outside and counters/draws up the middle. The opposing defense better feel like they need to be prepared to cover ever blade of grass on that field and I think Mac has failed as a playcaller so far in that regard.

Archived