Packers win over Bills 22-0 Post game thread

Gopackgonerd

We just beat a team by 4 scores in a shut-out for the first time in about a decade.

A team that just crushed what some people think is our biggest threat to win the division..in their own house.

And everyone is like 'meh' or disappointed about something ?

You all have the strangest fricken standards. I don't get it.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

We just beat a team by 4 scores in about a decade.

A team that just crushed what some people think is our biggest threat to win the division..in their own house.

Not pissed. Just not overly impressed or excited.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

We just beat a team by 4 scores in about a decade.

Take it up with QB1, he seemed more bummed than anyone on this board does.

7 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I'll take a win no matter what, but big picture, this doesn't really change much in my opinion of the team.

Love the solid defensive play, but that Bills offense was absolutely lost today. Again, I'll take it, but let me see it continue against better offenses.

The offense was yeeeeeeesh. Rodgers wasn't great and the receivers weren't exactly doing him many favors. Collectively, we do NOT have good, reliable weapons.

I was literally thinking the same thing when someone in another thread mentioned the receivers we had in 2011. Already forgot how nice it was having all those weapons.

I went to the game today, so my opinion is a little different.

Aaron Rodgers was really frustrated with himself. He missed several throws top drawer Aaron makes. Not sharp. Shoulda been a 32, not a 22. Allison has too many drops. Jones needs to be the primary runner. The OL needs to communicate better. 1 free runner on the QB is too many.  There were at least 2.

Defensively, take this film, and wipe your anus with it. Josh Allen showed exactly why his completion percentage was so low in college—inaccurate as hell. Looked scared. Made STUPID decisions. Held on to the ball too long. Very little learned here other than that.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

McCarthy got entranced by a good first drive from Jamaal Williams, and then he confirmed his delusion when Williams made a truly amazing play in short yardage.

Rodgers is pissed because he keeps screwing up, not so much because of the coaches.  I do think he strongly prefers that the best players play, and he's been in 33's corner since the Dallas game last year so there is that exception.

Josh Allen is the worst player we'll face in the next 3-5 years.  I think he was a sub 25% passer when the game was competitive.

Tre'Davious white is a good not great player that I'd love to have 3 of.

I agree with all of this except for the part about the worst player. We've still got CJ Beathard and Sam Darnold this year alone.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I agree with all of this except for the part about the worst player. We've still got CJ Beathard and Sam Darnold this year alone.

You're not saying that Sam darnold is worse than Josh Allen, are you? 

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

IIRC. TT made a very fair offer to Cook.  His agent played the wrong card and rejected it.  TT turned around and signed Bennett (most fans liked this) and Kendricks.  Cook ended up signing with the Raiders for less than half of what the Packers offered him.

Cook signed a 2 year contract for $10.6M with Oakland in 2017. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/jared-cook-6042/

And you assert above that the Pack's previous GM offered Cook MORE THAN $21,200,000 over two years ("Cook ended up signing with the Raiders for less than half of what the Packers offered him") only to have Cook's agent reject it. 

Wow, what a colossal blunder that would be by Cook's agent.

The only thing is, I can't find any information anywhere supporting this assertion. 

Any chance you could provide evidence to support the proposition that Jared Cook "ended up signing with the Raiders for less than half of what the Packers offered him?"

Archived