Packers win over Bills 22-0 Post game thread

Gopackgonerd

9 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

All of what you said is true.  AR just seemed a lot more upset than I've seen him in a while, and it's hard to parse out if he's more frustrated with himself or MM.  I haven't read anything about AR throwing any of his receivers under the bus for dropped balls, but he does seem more agitated than normal with MM.  Like you said, this will hopefully be a non-story as the season goes on.

A recommendation?
Never begin a reply comment with: "All of what you said is true" - at least not to me. I cant speak for others.
I totally stopped reading the rest of your thoughts - printed the "edited" post and its now at the picture framers being readied for a place on my wall :)

Beyond that - and giving your comment the respect it deserves - I've now read it fully and think (basically) AR's something of a temperamental guy. A perfectionist? (Cant say) Has a way he thinks things should go? Yeah, that I'll buy into and I'd be aggravated too if I've been hobbling around on 1.5 good legs - unable to do what it is I do that makes me the HEADLINE guy I am - and the spark plugs in the car engine aren't hitting in sequence yet.

Not a big deal IMO. But thats just me.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

A recommendation?
Never begin a reply comment with: "All of what you said is true" - at least not to me. I cant speak for others.
I totally stopped reading the rest of your thoughts - printed the "edited" post and its now at the picture framers being readied for a place on my wall :)

Beyond that - and giving your comment the respect it deserves - I've now read it fully and think (basically) AR's something of a temperamental guy. A perfectionist? (Cant say) Has a way he thinks things should go? Yeah, that I'll buy into and I'd be aggravated too if I've been hobbling around on 1.5 good legs - unable to do what it is I do that makes me the HEADLINE guy I am - and the spark plugs in the car engine aren't hitting in sequence yet.

Not a big deal IMO. But thats just me.

LOL, I should have started with "I agree with your comments and share your opinion..."  I'm still trying to work my way through a Monday morning and my brain is still a little fuzzy.

AR does seem to be a temperamental guy and hasn't shied away from speaking his mind, albeit sometimes cryptically.  He's a very smart dude and I think he takes some calculated shots across the bow from time to time, just to make a point, subtle or not. 

My feeling - AR is just frustrated with a lot of things right now; his injury, his own accuracy, play calling, dropped passes, lack of overall production.  Maybe it's best to let him vent and be done with it. 

24 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

All of what you said is true.  AR just seemed a lot more upset than I've seen him in a while, and it's hard to parse out if he's more frustrated with himself or MM.  I haven't read anything about AR throwing any of his receivers under the bus for dropped balls, but he does seem more agitated than normal with MM.  Like you said, this will hopefully be a non-story as the season goes on.

Honestly it reads like misdirected anger. Outside of the second half of the Bears game... Rodgers has been average to below average given his standards and history of play.

Instead of saying it’s lack of practice or it’s the knee, or that these slow starts are results of no preseason reps... he calls out McCarthy.

Does anyone here truly think Rodgers is being held hostage by McCarthy game plan wise? Every week Rodgers goes out there... he is biting his tongue and running an offense he has no hand in? I mean that’s stupid. Rodgers complained about not attacking single high safety looks.... why not audible? Does he not have that freedom in this offense all of a sudden?

He complained that Adams and Graham need to be featured more yet Rodgers go to line is... I throw to the open man. Allison has been going off early... why? Because teams aren’t going to get beat by Adams or Graham.

Rodgers is just sour because he isn’t lightsout right now while on a bum leg to help build that MVP case.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

My feeling - AR is just frustrated with a lot of things right now; his injury, his own accuracy, play calling, dropped passes, lack of overall production.  Maybe it's best to let him vent and be done with it. 

Perhaps he's been thinking longingly to his days with Olivia.....and cant quite figure out how to tell Danika  LOL
(Tell ya true? If it were me.....I'd be thinking longingly about Olivia too! HA!)

44 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That shutout brought us from 27th in points allowed all the way up to 11th in points allowed. 

Taking out the Kizer to Mack TD from the defensive scoring, means that the Pack are #8 overall in offensive points against.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-offensive-points-per-game

I don't think the Pack has not been in the top 10 in this category since 2010.

11 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Taking out the Kizer to Mack TD from the defensive scoring, means that the Pack are #8 overall in offensive points against.

Is that also removing any defensive touchdowns from the other top 10 though?

The more I think about the Rodgers comments, the more they annoy me. I’m usually pretty impressed with his PCs, because he seems to say the right things more often than not.

But this one is just baffling. They left a lot of points on the field, but it seems to me to be far more a result of poor execution than poor scheme. Either the QB or the WRa were responsible for at least 6 missed passes of open receivers. And, I believe 3 different times in this game Rodgers missed a delayed blitz resulting in a free rusher.  Take away 6-7 or those and you could easily get to the 600 yards he wanted. 

Some have said they thought he was being critical of himself, but it didn’t seem that way to me at all. He was clearly pointing the fingers at the HC/OC. 

Aaron needs to R-E-L-A-X. 

Rodgers and McCarthy are destined for a divorce. Rodgers, certainly isn't exempt from criticism, for holding onto the ball too long, but McCarthy's play concepts haven't yielded the same success it once did. This friction seems to have origiinated with the infamous NFC championship game in Seattle. 

18 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

overall yeah we've been top 15 a couple times over the years but this time last year we were pretty high scoring wise weren't we?

Just now, Stevein2012 said:

overall yeah we've been top 15 a couple times over the years but this time last year we were pretty high scoring wise weren't we?

You are 100% correct about last year, I think we gave up 74 points through 4 games as opposed to 75 this year, before bottoming out once again.

Think this game in Detroit against a fairly high-scoring LIons offense will be a good indicator if real progress has been made.

12 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Is that also removing any defensive touchdowns from the other top 10 though?

Yes.

I must credit Incog for pointing out this more accurate indicator of a defense's true performance when it comes to points given up as 10 of the past 12 SB participants have finished in the top 10 in this category. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-offensive-points-per-game?date=2018-10-01

Archived