NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

52 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Terrible GM just got 16 years there. Only one way to go. They haven't had a 50 win season in like 30 years or something. He's about to get paid insane money with the best job security in the league. 

I guess, but if I am him, I wait it out for a better situation. The Nuggets had a great season and have built a very solid roster in a short span so Connelly should get more looks as the Nugets continue to do well.

But if he just wants money and job security? Then sure, by all means take the job.  

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

They’re grown men. Only so much a Coach can do.

There is so much more Stevens could have done. Like starting benching players like Rozier/Smart/Jaylen and even Tatum when they started putting up selfish or Bad shots. I get it Kyrie did as well and Stevens obviously couldn't do that with him because KI is an upcoming FA. But KI has earned a right to do it over the others because he legitimately comes through and is a proven All Star. The rest are NOT especially Rozier. 

Stevens is a basketball genius from a technical standpoint BUT too soft to deal with so many EGOs.

There was a time when POP was not established as a great coach early on in his career with SA, YET he had the Balls to tell everyone including the great Duncan how to play. Having "nuts" matter IMHO.

Edited by resilient part 2

1 minute ago, showtime said:

This seems insane to me.  According to SAS, someone close to Kyrie in his camp said there's no way in hell Kyrie goes to play with LeBron.

There's going to be rumors galore. Report came out earlier today that Gayle Benson will sign off on a Davis trade to the Lakers over her dead body.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

There's going to be rumors galore. Report came out earlier today that Gayle Benson will sign off on a Davis trade to the Lakers over her dead body.

Yea, Brian Windhorst was saying the Pelicans won't deal with the Lakers.  But people didn't understand, that wasn't a report with any backing.  That was just his opinion.  He also said the Knicks can give a better offer than any potential Laker or Celtic offer, which is just incorrect.

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Is it even possible to have all 3 cap wise?? between AD, Lebron and KI??

Yeah. Sign Kyrie with cap space then trade for Davis once the #4 pick rookie can be traded, so 30 days after his contract is signed.

It'd be a 4 for 1 trade, but it can technically work.

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I guess, but if I am him, I wait it out for a better situation. The Nuggets had a great season and have built a very solid roster in a short span so Connelly should get more looks as the Nugets continue to do well.

But if he just wants money and job security? Then sure, by all means take the job.  

I hear you. It's also where he's from (baltimore and worked for the wiz for 15 years) and his wife's/his whole extended family lives there. Apparently it is the only job he would have left for...just unfortunate for us but it is what it is. He had a co-gm who is also hopefully great, but Tim was the face. 

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yea, Brian Windhorst was saying the Pelicans won't deal with the Lakers.  But people didn't understand, that wasn't a report with any backing.  That was just his opinion.  He also said the Knicks can give a better offer than any potential Laker or Celtic offer, which is just incorrect.

No. Another report stating that it was a direct quote from Gayle Benson. 

The Lakers package is not good. I really wish people would get this. Its a guy with decent upside but lingering health questions and a bunch of middling role players.

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah. Sign Kyrie with cap space then trade for Davis once the #4 pick rookie can be traded, so 30 days after his contract is signed.

It'd be a 4 for 1 trade, but it can technically work.

What would the Lakers roster be if they did this?  Surely, no depth at all right?

12 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I hear you. It's also where he's from (baltimore and worked for the wiz for 15 years) and his wife's/his whole extended family lives there. Apparently it is the only job he would have left for...just unfortunate for us but it is what it is. He had a co-gm who is also hopefully great, but Tim was the face. 

I mean yeah, if that is where he wants to go and that is his dream job, then more power to him!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

No. Another report stating that it was a direct quote from Gayle Benson. 

The Lakers package is not good. I really wish people would get this. Its a guy with decent upside but lingering health questions and a bunch of middling role players.

And the Celtics offer is...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Utley said:

And the Celtics offer is...

A guy with huge upside, a future high lotto pick, and role players. The key difference is Tatum has star upside, BI doesn't and that blood clot issue is scary to say the least.

Tatum showed what he's capable of as THE guy. He led the Celtics past a very good 76ers team as a rookie. I get he didn't take that step forward this year like people had hoped, but I think a lot of that is due to circumstances out of his control. The team was a mess this year.

Edited by MookieMonstah

49 minutes ago, showtime said:

What would the Lakers roster be if they did this?  Surely, no depth at all right?

It would be rough in year 1. Let's assume #4, Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart are traded.

LeBron-Davis-Kyrie-Wagner-Bonga would be under contract. They would have the room mid-level exception of about $4.9 million to offer someone, but then couldn't offer more than the minimum to anyone else.

I'd take the Knicks offer tbh. Barrett arguably has the highest upside of any asset they would get (yes, even Tatum), and I like their complimentary pieces better than the Cs. Plus, those guys are all further away from getting paid than anyone the Cs offer. 

Barrett, Knox, Robinson, Ntilikina/Smith, pick(s) is a really nice return. 

Edited by beekay414