NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

1 hour ago, Utley said:

And the Celtics offer is...

Only if Kyrie stays. If he is gone, then the Celtics can't pull the trigger.

NY would be amazing though since they will likely get KD and possibly Kyrie.

But let's see which wildcard team pops up. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

He led the Celtics past a very good 76ers team as a rookie

this not true. the 76ers weren't that good last year. They added Butler, Harris, and Joel was way better this year and still couldn't beat a team whose 2nd best player is Kyle Lowry. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

this not true. the 76ers weren't that good last year. They added Butler, Harris, and Joel was way better this year and still couldn't beat a team whose 2nd best player is Kyle Lowry. 

The 76ers were a good team last year lol, and Tatum whooped them.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Only if Kyrie stays. If he is gone, then the Celtics can't pull the trigger.

NY would be amazing though since they will likely get KD and possibly Kyrie.

But let's see which wildcard team pops up. 

Miami. Riley wants to make a splash. 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Shaggy P.. Magic is trash.. This interview is trash.. Stephen A is trash.. And first take is trash.. This is how not to run a franchise 101.

Magic failed and suck.. 

No lies told!

Sig bet the NIners finish with a better record than the Rams???

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Shaggy P.. Magic is trash.. This interview is trash.. Stephen A is trash.. And first take is trash.. This is how not to run a franchise 101.

Magic failed and suck.. 

The point he was making was, is that Rob was talking bad behind Magic's back.  Magic also said that he didn't even have the power to do the things he wanted.

I actually believe him regarding al of that.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

The point he was making was, is that Rob was talking bad behind Magic's back.  Magic also said that he didn't even have the power to do the things he wanted.

I don't.. Seems like a cop out and a excuse to get out.. Throwing people under the bus and going on a world tour to explain it!

will always be  a b move. 

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I don't.. Seems like a cop out and a excuse to get out.. Throwing people under the bus and going on a world tour to explain it!

will always be  a b move. 

It lines up with what he said he did prior to Rob coming on board, though.

He even went through the timeline (for those who can't watch the video).

*  When I first got on board, my goal was to get the Lakers way under the salary cap.  He did this.

*  He said Russell was a great guard and he implied he didn't want to trade him.  However, he felt like he had to trade Russell after what he did to Nick Young and how that literally fractured the Lakers locker room.  Russell needed a fresh start on another team.  Magic made a fair point.

*  Magic made the decision to fire Luke Walton and his stance on that was final.  He said that during meetings, Rob was indecisive.  Magic then said that Jeanie brought in other people to consult on the issue.  One of the people she brought in was a friend of Luke Walton's and didn't want him fired.  It was then Magic realized that he didn't even have the power he was promised in the beginning when he took the job.

And then for further proof, Magic didn't say this but look at how everything has went since he left.  The coaching stuff was an utter disaster.  All of that wouldn't have happened that way if Magic was able to swiftly do the things he wanted to do.

In the very next segment, Magic Johnson said that when he wanted to fire Luke Walton (this conversation was had during the season, I believe) he did not know who the next coach would be.  However, he said that he wanted the Lakers to hire Ty Lue (during this off-season) and he would have been the better fit.

It was widely reported during the season that Luke was on the hot seat with Magic and apparently those reports were more than likely true. 

Magic Johnson - "My frustration was you have to let me hire my own people"

29 minutes ago, showtime said:

Honestly, I think there's enough blame to go around.  Magic probably preferred a more laid-back approach and if he wasn't happy with his job he should have re-signed earlier.  Pelinka wanted a more committed person.  At the end of the day, Magic isn't doing anyone any favors by doing this interview and honestly that's what I'm most frustrated about.  We're going into arguably the most important offseason in franchise history, and he's putting the FO laundry to air out to the world.