NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

46 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

At this rate, I think Kawhi stays in Toronto. KD goes to New York. Kyrie is a gigantic ? mark because the dudes actually a bit nutty. AD goes to LA, BOS or NYK most likely. 

Definitely will end up having 5-7 teams as legit title contenders IMO.

For Kawhi, it probably is either Toronto or one of the Los Angeles teams.  KD is going to New York IMO.  Kyrie seems to be bound to either one of the NY teams or the Lakers.  The AD trade probably depends on the lottery, and I think Boston is out if Kyrie walks.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For Kawhi, it probably is either Toronto or one of the Los Angeles teams.  KD is going to New York IMO.  Kyrie seems to be bound to either one of the NY teams or the Lakers.  The AD trade probably depends on the lottery, and I think Boston is out if Kyrie walks.

Sounds like Boston is all in regardless of Kyrie, which I hate but I trust Danny. I don't think Kyrie goes to LAL, that franchise is an absolute disaster. Kawhi I'd put money on Toronto.

Contenders next year IMO

Toronto
Milwaukee
Golden State
New York (Depending on Kyrie/KD/AD)
Philadelphia
Boston (Depending on AD/Kyrie)
Houston
Denver

Thats more parity than the NBA has had in quite some time. This will be a super exciting/important off-season.

31 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Sounds like Boston is all in regardless of Kyrie, which I hate but I trust Danny. I don't think Kyrie goes to LAL, that franchise is an absolute disaster. Kawhi I'd put money on Toronto.

Contenders next year IMO

Toronto
Milwaukee
Golden State
New York (Depending on Kyrie/KD/AD)
Philadelphia
Boston (Depending on AD/Kyrie)
Houston
Denver

Thats more parity than the NBA has had in quite some time. This will be a super exciting/important off-season.

Danny Ainge who has been in the asset collection business since they broke up the Big 3 is suddenly going to pony up a guy whose threatening to walk as a FA in a year?  I don't believe it until I see it.  They're not going to offer up Jayson Tatum without some sort of assurance from Anthony Davis that he's re-signing with them.  And based off what we've heard so far, it's hard to see Anthony Davis agreeing to it.  Even the other rentals (Kawhi and PG13) haven't committed until after they hit FA.  I don't see a Jaylen Brown-based offer getting the Pelicans' attention unless they absolutely refuse to deal with the Lakers (which is very possible).

As for the Kyrie-to-Los Angeles, the rumblings have seemed to have gotten louder the last few weeks.  I'm not saying they're super reliable, but we're hearing from people close to LeBron or Kyrie that the Lakers are a very real possibility.  Even thinking about that before this season would have been unimaginable.  But Kyrie went from for sure re-signing with Boston to almost a lock to leave.  That's a HUGE change.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Why is everyone sold on Durant going to the Knicks?

Because it's like the LeBron-to-Los Angeles rumblings.  They haven't gotten any quieter as the season wore on.  If he's not going to New York, it's Golden State.  And we've heard very little about him and Golden State.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Because it's like the LeBron-to-Los Angeles rumblings.  They haven't gotten any quieter as the season wore on.  If he's not going to New York, it's Golden State.  And we've heard very little about him and Golden State.

As we've seen, LeBron went to Los Angeles partly because of Hollywood and everything he does there.  That makes sense.  Why New York?  I mean it in a literal way - Why would Kevin Durant want to go to the Knicks?  Lets assuming Golden State wins again, he would be leaving a team that has won three straight titles to go to one of the worst teams in the NBA over the last 8 years or so.

Also, another question.  If Durant already knows he's going to the Knicks, does he know that another superstar is going with him?  Or would he go there alone regardless of what others do?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

As we've seen, LeBron went to Los Angeles partly because of Hollywood and everything he does there.  That makes sense.  Why New York?  I mean it in a literal way - Why would Kevin Durant want to go to the Knicks?  Lets assuming Golden State wins again, he would be leaving a team that has won three straight titles to go to one of the worst teams in the NBA over the last 8 years or so.

There's just been way too many rumblings for it not to seem likely at this point.  It's like the LeBron situation.  As the season wore on, it became increasingly more clear that LeBron was heading to the Lakers.  We've heard about the Durant/Green feud, and we're even hearing these reports about how his teammates think he's gone.  Could he return to Golden State?  Sure, but at this point I think there's enough there to think that the Knicks are the favorites at this point.  Plus, would New York really jettison Kristaps Porzingis without feeling pretty confident about their FA status?  I don't think New York does that deal unless they felt they were going to get at least 1 star.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Also, another question.  If Durant already knows he's going to the Knicks, does he know that another superstar is going with him?  Or would he go there alone regardless of what others do?

New York with Kevin Durant is exponentially more appealing than the Knicks without Durant.  Even if the miss out on the other top tier FAs (Kawhi and Kyrie), they'd probably feel fairly confident that one of Jimmy Butler or Kemba Walker would come.  Hell, if New York offered a 4 year max to Kemba, I think he'd leave Charlotte to join Durant.

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Danny Ainge who has been in the asset collection business since they broke up the Big 3 is suddenly going to pony up a guy whose threatening to walk as a FA in a year?  I don't believe it until I see it.  They're not going to offer up Jayson Tatum without some sort of assurance from Anthony Davis that he's re-signing with them.  And based off what we've heard so far, it's hard to see Anthony Davis agreeing to it.  Even the other rentals (Kawhi and PG13) haven't committed until after they hit FA.  I don't see a Jaylen Brown-based offer getting the Pelicans' attention unless they absolutely refuse to deal with the Lakers (which is very possible).

As for the Kyrie-to-Los Angeles, the rumblings have seemed to have gotten louder the last few weeks.  I'm not saying they're super reliable, but we're hearing from people close to LeBron or Kyrie that the Lakers are a very real possibility.  Even thinking about that before this season would have been unimaginable.  But Kyrie went from for sure re-signing with Boston to almost a lock to leave.  That's a HUGE change.

Danny has said he has interest in AD regardless of Kyrie. AD also just said the other day he’d be open to staying in Boston. Still think he ends up here

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

At this rate, I think Kawhi stays in Toronto. KD goes to New York. Kyrie is a gigantic ? mark because the dudes actually a bit nutty. AD goes to LA, BOS or NYK most likely. 

Definitely will end up having 5-7 teams as legit title contenders IMO.

Like I said, potential for even more than that.

Kawhi stays
Klay stays
Tobias stays and Philly fills out bench
Middleton and Brogdon stay
Durant and Kyrie to Knicks
Butler to Clippers/Brooklyn
Kemba to Lakers
Cousins to Dallas
Mirotic to Utah
Really doesn't matter for Davis.  Griffin could hold off, trade Solomon Hill and a 1st for cap space (Memphis will take that for Avery Bradley, whose deal is only guaranteed for $2 million so New Orleans could wave him.  New Orleans could even just keep Bradley since he played well for Memphis the last 15 or so games), and fill out their rotation with Marcus Morris, Terrance Ross, Patrick Beverly, and Dewayne Dedmon.  I mean, he's going to be traded and Griffin only said what he said to drive up the price, but I can dream.

All of these except the New Orleans dream have a realistic chance (not great or even solid, but realistic) of happening.

Suddenly you have Milwaukee, Golden State, Toronto, Houston, Philadelphia, Portland, Denver, New York, Utah, OKC, San Antonio, Clippers/Brooklyn, Lakers, and Dallas (and dreamworld New Orleans) with multiple All-Star talents to go along with plenty of young teams who can expect internal development (Boston, Sacramento) and suddenly you have a league where anything can happen.  

Milwaukee and Golden State would still be favorites, but I wouldn't be shocked in any of these scenarios if there was an upset over either of those teams by any of the listed teams.

I also obviously know that probably, like, 3 of the things I listed actually happen haha.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This summer has a real chance to create parity like we've never seen before...and I'm all for it. I hope there's just the right amount of movement to accomplish this.

Yeah I want to see KD go form another contender and Denver and Philly keep getting better. I don't know if the Bucks can get much better than where they're at, and the Raptors need a 3rd piece better than Lowry or Gasol. 

AD can obviously make major waves too

14 hours ago, showtime said:

Why is everyone sold on Durant going to the Knicks?

Part of it is the fact he moved his media company to NYC. Part of it is the fact that his agent?/business partner/friend is close with the knicks front office or something along those lines. The guy in question may even work in their front office now. 

He is from the East Coast, its possible he wants to move back that way. 

Earlier in the year I was convinced he is leaving, but the team really has looked more insync recently. Kevin has been balling out for his teammates. I do think there is some genuine good vibes in the locker room. Gonna be epic if the warriors go down by a game or two and then KD comes back to 'rescue' them. I think everyone would STFU with the 'they are better without him' 'they dont need him' 'his rings count for less' BS.

Kevin is undoubtedly a top 5 player of all time. I cant imagine 5 other guys who you would take in a one game scenario at their peak. Its been awesome having him on TV every night.