NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The Lakers need to stop thinking that "we're the lakers" **** is anything other than resting on laurels and that anybody cares.

Haven't made the playoffs in 6 years, and before that you weren't exactly championship contenders after Kobe's last hurrah, the offseason is an abject disaster, and you're going to argue over giving the only remotely qualified candidate on the coaching market an extra guaranteed year or two?

It's the height of hubris, it's telling that they have a deeply rooted systemic problem that will not be solved any time soon.

They're going to turn into the Knicks. Bad ownership can easily crush you no matter what else you manage to do. 

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Lakers need to stop thinking that "we're the lakers" **** is anything other than resting on laurels and that anybody cares.

Haven't made the playoffs in 6 years, and before that you weren't exactly championship contenders after Kobe's last hurrah, the offseason is an abject disaster, and you're going to argue over giving the only remotely qualified candidate on the coaching market an extra guaranteed year or two?

It's the height of hubris, it's telling that they have a deeply rooted systemic problem that will not be solved any time soon.

They're going to turn into the Knicks. Bad ownership can easily crush you no matter what else you manage to do. 

Don't worry, they have Lebron :ph34r:

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Can't wait til they hire Jason Kidd

LOL apparently part of the reason Lue walked away from the Lakers is because they (the Lakers FO) were adamant that Jason Kidd be on his staff and Lue wanted to assemble his own staff. 

The Lakers are targeting Lionel Hollins, Frank Vogel, and Mike Woodson...

I ******* hate the nepotism and constant chances these old hacks get. Just round and round the coaching tree goes. Take a risk! Don't just hire someone who sucks because they used to coach and are only available because they sucked.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

The Lakers are targeting Lionel Hollins, Frank Vogel, and Mike Woodson...

I ******* hate the nepotism and constant chances these old hacks get. Just round and round the coaching tree goes. Take a risk! Don't just hire someone who sucks because they used to coach and are only available because they sucked.

That's what happens when LeBron James is on your team.  You're not allowed to hire an actual coach.  He's the reason why Ty Lue even got a super high profile coaching job to begin with in Cleveland and the main reason he was being considered to coach the Lakers.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:14 AM, beekay414 said:

lol he ain't leaving.

Said every small market team about their superstar ever...I will say, the Bucks are finding big success which will be huge. Giannis also seems like a different type of dude, but if he doesn't win a 'Ship by the time his contract is up, and a "Superteam" spot is available, anything can happen.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Said every small market team about their superstar ever...I will say, the Bucks are finding big success which will be huge. Giannis also seems like a different type of dude, but if he doesn't win a 'Ship by the time his contract is up, and a "Superteam" spot is available, anything can happen.

Counterpoint: Giannis is on the court and that team is a superteam 

On 5/7/2019 at 10:44 PM, jrry32 said:

That's incorrect.

No. I think Kyrie doesn't maximize what Stevens can do because Kyrie's tendency to be a ball-stopper and need for an iso-heavy offense.

No, that's pretty correct. Basically every offense is some variation of motion because NBA teams all play man defense.