NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

29 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK, Kyrie may re-sign with Boston IF AD gets traded to them. Other than that he is a goner. Kawhi is definitely a goner.  I think T Harris resigns with Philly but Butler is a goner as well. Will the Knicks or Nets get Kyrie and/or KD???? 

looks like the Bucks are in the drivers seat for a few years, until the Greek Freak bounces... 

Kyrie has to opt out if the Celtics are able to trade for Anthony Davis.  So the Celtics would have to trade without any assurances that Kyrie would re-sign.

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK, Kyrie may re-sign with Boston IF AD gets traded to them. Other than that he is a goner. Kawhi is definitely a goner.  I think T Harris resigns with Philly but Butler is a goner as well. Will the Knicks or Nets get Kyrie and/or KD???? 

looks like the Bucks are in the drivers seat for a few years, until the Greek Freak bounces... 

lol he ain't leaving.

Re: Kawhi, it's hard to predict that situation. I think if the Raptors get to the finals he probably would say but if they lose this round or even next round he'll probaly end up leaving. The guy is a  great talent, be a shame to see him leave the Raptors. 

@jrry32

"I guess Bill Belichick doesn't have a system either because he adapts to his personnel and has allowed it to evolve over time. C'mon. Pop runs a motion offense at its core. The fact that he adapts to his personnel and has allowed his system to evolve as the NBA evolves doesn't mean the guy has no system. You're making a silly argument that isn't even relevant to my original point."

What is a motion offense? Cause the Spurs passed the 4th fewest times per game this year. They were a isos/post up team more than most teams. 

When I watch the Spurs they post more than most teams. Run PnR for Demar. And iso for Demar and Aldridge. That's the stuff they would do if they ran pickup. I'm not giving you credit for having a system if some random dudes who got together would do the same stuff.

And yes, I wouldn't say BB has a system. Just cause you do smart things a lot doesn't mean you have a system imo. I would say McVay has a system because they run similar stuff all the time. A team like Virginia has a system or Louisville on defense (when they had Pitino). College coaches generally have systems. They do the same ish for years. NBA usually just play as smart as possible for their team.

Also, I think it is relevant. You were implying that it might be better if Kyrie leaves Boston because Steven's system. Which I think is silly cause they aren't doing things that would make them a better team cause they have Kyrie Irving. 

32 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

@jrry32

"I guess Bill Belichick doesn't have a system either because he adapts to his personnel and has allowed it to evolve over time. C'mon. Pop runs a motion offense at its core. The fact that he adapts to his personnel and has allowed his system to evolve as the NBA evolves doesn't mean the guy has no system. You're making a silly argument that isn't even relevant to my original point."

What is a motion offense? Cause the Spurs passed the 4th fewest times per game this year. They were a isos/post up team more than most teams. 

When I watch the Spurs they post more than most teams. Run PnR for Demar. And iso for Demar and Aldridge. That's the stuff they would do if they ran pickup. I'm not giving you credit for having a system if some random dudes who got together would do the same stuff.

And yes, I wouldn't say BB has a system. Just cause you do smart things a lot doesn't mean you have a system imo. I would say McVay has a system because they run similar stuff all the time. A team like Virginia has a system or Louisville on defense (when they had Pitino). College coaches generally have systems. They do the same ish for years. NBA usually just play as smart as possible for their team.

Also, I think it is relevant. You were implying that it might be better if Kyrie leaves Boston because Steven's system. Which I think is silly cause they aren't doing things that would make them a better team cause they have Kyrie Irving. 

Then, you're being dishonest about what a system is. McVay runs a variant of the WCO. He could come out next year with a totally different look to his offense, and it would still be a WCO variant. Pop has run a motion offense for as long as he has been in the league. Here's a good breakdown from earlier in the year:

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/10/18/17995342/main-thing-makes-san-antonio-spurs-motion-offense

You make the mistake of assuming that adapting or evolving a system means there is no system. But the system is your foundation. Pop doesn't come in each year and scrap everything they've learned in the past. There's a foundation that they build on each year. He makes changes to adapt to his personnel, but the foundation remains. 

And that is why it's not relevant. You misconstrued me talking about Stevens as talking about a rigid system. But I don't do that with coaches I respect. I believe in Stevens because he's adaptable. Because he can evolve his pace and space system. The foundation remains, but how he builds on top of that will depend on his personnel and the league-wide trends. Regardless, I think Kyrie is detracting from it.

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Pop has run a motion offense for as long as he has been in the league. Here's a good breakdown from earlier in the year:

if you play basketball you run a motion offense. it's a vague term that doesn't really mean anything. if you look it up it even says "no fixed repeating pattern. Instead, a motion offense is free-flowing and relatively unrestricted". every announcer (mostly in college) says it for completely different purposes. if you told me he runs a triangle offense or Princeton offense I would know what you are talking about but it you tell me he runs a motion offense you are basically telling me his system is playing basketball.  

also I only looked at that first play and it isn't anything. they set a pick and then another, that's not a motion offense (like the only 'rules' of the motion offense are about setting offball screens, and none were set). it's not a good breakdown of the motion offense or representative of what the spurs did all year. like I said they passed almost as little as any team this year. 

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

But the system is your foundation. Pop doesn't come in each year and scrap everything they've learned in the past. There's a foundation that they build on each year. He makes changes to adapt to his personnel, but the foundation remains. 

see this means nothing to me. if you can give me something specific as to what his foundation is that would help but just telling me he has one does nothing for me. so far all I got is they play basketball and that is enough for you to say they have a system. 

they were #1 in postups and #12 in isos. those are like the most basic basketball plays ever. and they passed the 4th fewest of all teams. that's like pickup basketball.

31 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

And that is why it's not relevant. You misconstrued me talking about Stevens as talking about a rigid system.

I never said he had a rigid system. I said he isn't holding back some brilliant offensive 'system' just cause he has Kyrie. what was your point then when you said it might be a blessing in disguise if kyrie left?

42 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

But I don't do that with coaches I respect.

but you do think he is neglecting this team just because kyrie is there?

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

if you play basketball you run a motion offense.

That's incorrect.

but you do think he is neglecting this team just because kyrie is there?

No. I think Kyrie doesn't maximize what Stevens can do because Kyrie's tendency to be a ball-stopper and need for an iso-heavy offense.