NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

31 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The first response to that was his bad moves don't matter because Lebron is basically GM of his teams. 

And then you come in giving him credit for winning a title when the only reason he won was because Lebron, who he had no part of getting.

So people's evidence he is a good GM is he had Lebron on his team.

He was the Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Suns for awhile. His trade of Wiggins and Bennett for K-Love was a big win. The biggest thing this does is still the NBA and its players that the Pelicans are serious about competing.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Everyone has bad moves. He got them a title and almost another.

He did?  I could have sworn LeBron did all that.

There's no way they make the Love trade without LeBron.  Outside of this year, every GM LeBron has had the past 8 year has made it to the Finals.

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Why? People in the media love him but I think that is just because he works with all of them.

Two of his moves are drafting Wiggins #1 and hiring Blatt.

Also traded Joe Harris for a 2nd. 

Also traded three 1sts for Mozgov and Frye. Traded another 1st for Korver.

I don't see how hiring Blatt or drafting Wiggins go on the negative side of the ledger. The issues with Blatt were due to LeBron. And Wiggins was widely seen as the #1 pick in that draft after the Embiid injury. The other guy competing for #1, Jabari Parker, ended up being a worse player. Had Embiid been 100% health and he took Wiggins, you'd have a strong case to criticize him, but that obviously wasn't the case.

As for the other moves, he also drafted Joe Harris. And the other trades were bad moves, but it's hard to blame him considering LeBron wasn't interested on waiting for young players to develop.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't see how hiring Blatt or drafting Wiggins go on the negative side of the ledger. The issues with Blatt were due to LeBron. And Wiggins was widely seen as the #1 pick in that draft after the Embiid injury. The other guy competing for #1, Jabari Parker, ended up being a worse player. Had Embiid been 100% health and he took Wiggins, you'd have a strong case to criticize him, but that obviously wasn't the case.

As for the other moves, he also drafted Joe Harris. And the other trades were bad moves, but it's hard to blame him considering LeBron wasn't interested on waiting for young players to develop.

he might be good I was just wondering why people think he is actually good. I'm pretty sure cause he is part of the media so the media likes him and they always say good things about him. Not that he actually has a super great list of things he did.

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Why does he get credit for drafting the best player #1 overall?  Anyone would have done that.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Read my post over again.

I should have said this, but I didn't just mean your post.  I just quoted you.  People use the fact that he drafted Wiggins as a good thing he's done.  That doesn't make any sense.

The Love trade happened literally because of LeBron.  That trade doesn't happen if LeBron stays in Miami or goes somewhere else.

Just now, showtime said:

I should have said this, but I didn't just mean your post.  I just quoted you.  People use the fact that he drafted Wiggins as a good thing he's done.  That doesn't make any sense.

The Love trade happened literally because of LeBron.  That trade doesn't happen if LeBron stays in Miami or goes somewhere else.

No, I said it wasn't a negative.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Why? People in the media love him but I think that is just because he works with all of them.

Two of his moves are drafting Wiggins #1 and hiring Blatt.

Also traded Joe Harris for a 2nd. 

Also traded three 1sts for Mozgov and Frye. Traded another 1st for Korver.

1st for Korver was a solid move tbh. Gotta work on a specific timeline with Bron. I don't think his track record is incredible, but I think he did a pretty good job around LeBron in a difficult situation (considering the owner, klutch, etc). And he has a good reputation and experience - I think his experience is valuable for the Pels in their AD situation. I don't think you would want a guy new on the job. Fair point about his track record, though, it's not like on paper he's an incredible GM. 

In the meantime Montrezl Harrel is showing that you don't need a friggin center to hit/take 3 pointers to be dominant. I just love old school all out hustle from my Big. One of the reason Why I dislike Brad Stevens. Keeps letting A Baynes shoot 3 pointers. Get me a rim attacker for rebounds/rolls to the rim and finisher. Boston may actually have a god one. R Williams, but of course Brad doesn't play him. 

Edited by resilient part 2