F: Kawhi

C: Embiid

All NBA Third Team

G: Beal

G: Westbrook

F: Blake Griffin

F: LeBron 

C: Rudy Gobert

(It’s possible I am forgetting someone obvious I did this rather quick)

Edited by kyle21121
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Fair enough. Clips have no chance then. SA/Denver could have some intrigue though. 

I'm excited for the matchup. It's actually a pretty damn good one for Denver. I don't think they have guys that can target Jokic on defense too much. That being said - it's Pop - and the Nuggets haven't been playing great ball of late. Jokic has been in cruise control/checked out, and I think he will be able to just kick it in gear, but I guess we'll see.

Eastern Conference first round match ups are going to be all time brutal lol.

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Harden gonna be a 3 time players MVP

Regular season is done, get over it. Worry about how he performs in the playoffs. Let him have one....just ONE good playoff run from start to finish. This may be the year it happens.....

Dubs over Clippers in 4

Nuggets over Spurs in 6

Thunder over Blazers in 6

Rockets over Jazz in 6

Bucks over Pistons in 4

Raptors over Magic in 5

76ers over Nets in 5

Celtics over Pacers in 6 

WCQF

• 1. Warriors over 8. Clippers in 4
    • This one will be a blood bath, and a perfect tune up series for the Warriors. I could see Warriors resting guys which could extend series maybe a game, but otherwise I don't see how the Clippers have a shot. Vastly out matched.
  • 2. Nuggets over 7. Spurs in 6
    • Nuggets head into the playoffs stumbling on a 5-6 run that includes 3 blowout losses, as they just haven't looked like themselves post-AS despite no real injuries. They split the regular season series, both winning at home, which is how I see the first 5 games of the series playing out before the Nuggets manage to close out with a road win. This Spirs team has been inconsistent all year, but you can't sleep on Pop in the playoffs.
  • 6. Thunder over 3. Blazers in 5
    • I think the Thunder are going to roll the Blazers here. Thunder managed to finish strong after being one of the league's worst teams post-AS, while the Blazers are hurting. Against the other 3 lower seeds I'd have given the Blazers a chance, but this is a Thunder team that swept them and that they actually tried to avoid. It's not going to end well.
  • 4. Rockets over 5. Jazz in 6
    • The Rockets have been on fire since the AS break, so many expect them to win this series with ease, but I wouldn't be so sure. Utah too has been one of the best teams over the past few months, and have plenty of postseason experience. I give the Jazz a very small chance of actually taking out this Rockets team, but I don't think they go down easy. They defend the 3 very well, and of course have Gobert so you're not getting easy looks in the paint either.

WCSF

• 1. Warriors over 4. Rockets in 6
    • Not as close as last year's series, where the Rockets outplayed the Warriors IMO, but this will be the Warriors only real challenge before the Finals. Rockets have been waiting for this series and this series only, and you have to expect Harden shows up at least a few games where he just takesover, but ultimately I don't think Rockets overcome talent gap. 
  • 2. Nuggets over 6. Thunder in 7
    • Could go either way, Thunder obviously have the 2 veteran stars and an experienced playoff team, but the Nuggets have had their number over the past 2 years and with home court take it. It really will come down to PG, and whether or not we get "playoff P" when needed or what we got last year. 

WCF

• 1. Warriors over 2. Nuggets in 4
    • Nuggets are outclassed, and have played the Warriors very poorly this year. I wouldn't expect things to go much differently in the WCF, especially since the Warriors should be truly hitting their stride at this point (and if they haven't by the WCF then there will be serious questions whether they repeat). Nuggets could maybe steal a game at home, but I see the team getting demoralize pretty early with thrashings in Oakland.

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I feel like Joerger doesn't get along w/ anyone and rubs people the wrong way. At least in the front office/team management realm.

This. He's certainly got a pretty big ego. The timing is a bad look on a franchise that's been a joke for a decade but I'm not entirely against his firing tbh. He's a decent coach but I don't think he's the guy to elevate this team to get to that next level.

Thing is this...you don't make this move unless you have a plan in place, and considering their history, it's hard to trust that they do