NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

https://es.pn/2UE6gSD

AD is a pvssy clutch sports clone. Like is this dude capable of making a decision for himself? First he got swindled by Lebron and his agent to try and force his way to LA and now he doesn’t even get to decide what T-shirt he’s gonna wear? Lmao what a beta. Him on the “That’s All Folks” T-shirt he wore last night, “I actually didn’t choose it. I didn’t choose it. It was hanging for me already when I put my clothes on.” This dude’s literally wrapped around Lebrons camp’s finger like a little *****.

He kind of reminds of Dwight Howard in a way.  Howard was elite in Orlando and everyone thought the world of him.  Then he started acting really weird demanding a trade and then going back on it, then doing that over and over again until he was finally traded to the Lakers.  He went from being beloved to absolutely despised so quickly.

I can see the same thing happening with Davis.  Really respected player and person, but he's handled this situation about as poorly as possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, what a f'd up world we live in when we root for the billionaire owners to save a few bucks in the expense of good players like Capela. 

Rockets will be getting the 4th seed now, that's all but guaranteed. Dame Time not losing to the Kings today. 

Thunder get the 6th seed and play the Blazers in the 1st round and then the Nuggets in round two? Don’t care how much the Nuggets have owned the Thunder the last two years, that's going to be one hell of a series. 

Would have liked to see the Rockets in the WCFs, but if they gotta get smacked in round two, then so be it. 

The blazers are resting Dame and CJ tonight, they want no part of the thunder haha

Staying out of the tax is huge, especially when it comes to the repeater tax. I could care less about the owner saving money, but if hes not going to spend to go into the repeater tax, then its better to avoid it all together this season, because then we are 3 years away from having to pay it. 

I would have paid Capela more than hes making to keep him, but why pay an extra million when it hurts our long term ability to make moves?

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

He kind of reminds of Dwight Howard in a way.  Howard was elite in Orlando and everyone thought the world of him.  Then he started acting really weird demanding a trade and then going back on it, then doing that over and over again until he was finally traded to the Lakers.  He went from being beloved to absolutely despised so quickly.

I can see the same thing happening with Davis.  Really respected player and person, but he's handled this situation about as poorly as possible.

If Dwight didn’t become a washed up joke after he got traded then he’d probably still have a good rep.

Davis handled this pathetically, but he’s a better player than Howard and doesn’t have all his annoying mannerisms.

• Like 1

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

If Dwight didn’t become a washed up joke after he got traded then he’d probably still have a good rep.

Davis handled this pathetically, but he’s a better player than Howard and doesn’t have all his annoying mannerisms.

While true, iirc Dwight didn't really start "sucking" until he was forced to play with another superstar like Kobe and the nagging injuries started piling up. Who knows what will happen if Davis has to play with LeBron or what his injury outlook looks like going forward?

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

While true, iirc Dwight didn't really start "sucking" until he was forced to play with another superstar like Kobe and the nagging injuries started piling up. Who knows what will happen if Davis has to play with LeBron or what his injury outlook looks like going forward?

Dwight was all athleticism and became less relevant in today’s game almost overnight. While Davis always has a nagging injury, he has a ton of skill to compensate for gradual loss of athleticism.

I also think he’s okay with being the second option and won’t demand post touches like Dwight.

31 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Dwight was all athleticism and became less relevant in today’s game almost overnight. While Davis always has a nagging injury, he has a ton of skill to compensate for gradual loss of athleticism.

I also think he’s okay with being the second option and won’t demand post touches like Dwight.

Yeah, I think having played with someone like Boogie gives AD a sense of what being a secondary star is like. With that said, he looked SIGNIFICANTLY better last year AFTER Boogie went down. LeBron and Boogie are different players, but somewhat similar from a usage perspective, so it will be interesting to see what Davis' career numbers looks like from here onward. And I agree on the skill part, Davis is significantly more skilled than Dwight at this point in his career, which should help him be a dominant player for longer. However, nagging injuries don't suddenly go away as you get older. It'll be interesting to see how AD's body holds up as he ages, but at age 26 he should be able to easily play into his early 30s before that becomes an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I see what you're saying but Dwight is a weirdo. I don't think AD was desperate for a spotlight so much as he just wants to win and got talked into a bad strategy. AD has always seemed pretty down to earth, no frills, while Dwight seemed like was desperate to be beloved by everyone and to be a marketing exec's dream.

and his game is one that's not going to get marginalized the way Dwight did 

Edited by amac
  • Like 1

Marcus Smart out for Boston for 4 to 6 weeks is a blessing in disguise. Not that Smart doesn't have value. But I have said all year that Boston had too many players and not enough shots for everyone. This will open up more playing time and shots for everyone. Boston I believe will still have a good defense without Smart, but on offense, where they have struggled for most of the year just improved their shot selection.

I am thinking J Brown starts now and Boston finally gets him going early. GH gets more minutes and touches which will result in much better play.