NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

No, that's pretty correct. Basically every offense is some variation of motion because NBA teams all play man defense. 

Nah. It's like saying every NFL team runs a WCO because they use some concepts from the WCO. The Rockets, for example, don't run a motion offense. The Celtics and Nuggets' offenses are more read and react than anything. David Blatt and Byron Scott ran Princeton-style offenses.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

That's what happens when LeBron James is on your team.  You're not allowed to hire an actual coach.  He's the reason why Ty Lue even got a super high profile coaching job to begin with in Cleveland and the main reason he was being considered to coach the Lakers.

Even outside of the Lakers this happens. It just bothers me.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Said every small market team about their superstar ever...I will say, the Bucks are finding big success which will be huge. Giannis also seems like a different type of dude, but if he doesn't win a 'Ship by the time his contract is up, and a "Superteam" spot is available, anything can happen.

Giannis isn't joining other stars on a super team. You can hope all you want but it ain't happening.

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Giannis isn't joining other stars on a super team. You can hope all you want but it ain't happening.

Depends. If they win, probably not. But if he runs into a roadblock like others stars have...

56 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. It's like saying every NFL team runs a WCO because they use some concepts from the WCO. The Rockets, for example, don't run a motion offense. The Celtics and Nuggets' offenses are more read and react than anything. David Blatt and Byron Scott ran Princeton-style offenses.

Celtics run a ton of motion. Motion is basically pass and make a basketball move. Pass - screen away, pass - backscreen, pass - cut.

Every team runs a "motion" offense. Its basically the fundamentals of basketball. 

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You just cant say this. Everyone has said this about their star. I do believe he'll stay, but it wouldn't shock me if he eventually left.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Celtics run a ton of motion. Motion is basically pass and make a basketball move. Pass - screen away, pass - backscreen, pass - cut.

Every team runs a "motion" offense. Its basically the fundamentals of basketball. 

No, we're clearly not talking about the same thing. Here's a great breakdown on the Spurs:

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/4/3/11355120/spurs-playbook-motion-offense-vs-read-and-react

49 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

You just cant say this. Everyone has said this about their star. I do believe he'll stay, but it wouldn't shock me if he eventually left.

What about Giannis would lead you to believe he'd leave? He isn't American so he didn't grow up with these guys, he's said it himself that he's a lowkey person and loves the lowkey city, he's all about loyalty and dynamics and the ownership is going to give him whatever he wants. He's not leaving. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

What about Giannis would lead you to believe he'd leave? He isn't American so he didn't grow up with these guys, he's said it himself that he's a lowkey person and loves the lowkey city, he's all about loyalty and dynamics and the ownership is going to give him whatever he wants. He's not leaving. 

Even if all that's true today, it might not be true in 4 years if he losses 4 times in the ECF because his team wasn't good enough, then maybe he becomes a different person that wants different things. I'm sure right now he's loving life as he's riding an amazing season to uncharted territory, that doesn't mean things will be this magical in upcoming seasons.

20 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Even if all that's true today, it might not be true in 4 years if he losses 4 times in the ECF because his team wasn't good enough, then maybe he becomes a different person that wants different things. I'm sure right now he's loving life as he's riding an amazing season to uncharted territory, that doesn't mean things will be this magical in upcoming seasons.

I think if the team plateaus and its ceiling isn’t title contender,(and he’s gonna need more help) then he will leave regardless of what he’s saying now

Edited by amac

35 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

He's literally said the same thing when his team was 42-40 or 15-67 as he does now. Is what it is. He's not cut from the same cloth as these mentally weak stooges like LeBron, KD and Davis. He's been absolutely adamant about not training with them yet y'all expect him to go the same route as these coddled AAU stars. Enjoy holding your breath for that to happen. He's not passing up a supermax from a team and town he loves (and that his family loves). He's here til he's 30 at the very least. 

Edited by beekay414

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's literally said the same thing when his team was 42-40 or 15-67 as he does now. Is what it is. He's not cut from the same cloth as these mentally weak stooges like LeBron, KD and Davis. He's been absolutely adamant about not training with them yet y'all expect him to go the same route as these coddled AAU stars. Enjoy holding your breath for that to happen. He's not passing up a supermax from a team and town he loves. He's here til he's 30 at the very least. 

I mean you're acting like I want this to happen. I actually hope you're right and he sets a new trend, it would be great for the league and for a lot of smaller market fans. I'm also sure when LeBron went to the finals in 2005  or whatever, he didn't think he'd leave to form a super team because his team hit a ceiling, because he was coming off a great season where his team accomplished way more than anyone expected and it looked like the sky is the limit. Giannis is basically that guy today. We have no idea what happens and who he will be because of that. I really don't give a crap if the Bucks become the next dynasty or if they don't make the ECF for another 18 years after this, I'm just pointing out that we have no idea who he will be years from now. Durant also crapped on LeBron in that infamous Tweet and everyone thought he'd be loyal to a great small market franchise.

Edited by Mossburg

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

AD said all the right things in New Orleans. Chris Paul said all the right things in New Orleans. Lebron said all the right things in Cleveland. Very rarely does a player openly say he wants to leave. Again, I think Giannis is more likely to stay than leave but this is all the same stuff thousands of fans have said before about their star.

• Like 1