NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

20 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

miami when they went 2-2 in the finals when they should have been 4-0? this isnt even controversial think, sorry you cant get over he puts together crappy teams.

but please, add the nuance its lacking for me.

is that better than 0-1 in about a decade prior???

tell me one move that LeBron made in solidarity for one of his teams as "GM" and then I will offer my time to explain for you

28 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

miami when they went 2-2 in the finals when they should have been 4-0? this isnt even controversial think, sorry you cant get over he puts together crappy teams.

but please, add the nuance its lacking for me.

Why should they have gone 4-0? The only Finals they were clear favorites in was the Dallas series. They were underdogs in 2012 and 2014 and slight favorites in 2013.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Why should they have gone 4-0? The only Finals they were clear favorites in was the Dallas series. They were underdogs in 2012 and 2014 and slight favorites in 2013.

because its basketball and having the best player matters that much, heck, you could argue they had the best two players. part of what made them underdogs is cauae the guys outside of the superstars eothwr werent good enough or didnt fit.

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

is that better than 0-1 in about a decade prior???

tell me one move that LeBron made in solidarity for one of his teams as "GM" and then I will offer my time to explain for you

so you say its more nuanced and then wont say how. why even say its nuanced if you apparently dont believe it yourself?

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so you say its more nuanced and then wont say how. why even say its nuanced if you apparently dont believe it yourself?

LeBron leveraged his importance as a player so Cleveland would make win now moves to help him win a championship. Tristan Thompson and JR Smith got paid because there were no alternatives that would have improved the team. Were they smart long term plays for the franchise? Nope....but they were necessary to have the best team possible and if you are aware of how the cap works, you can pay the guys that are already on the roster but cannot replace them with similar money.

Same deal with the Korver trade. Gave up a first to win now. 

LeBron putting his pressure on the Cavs ownership won them a championship. 

Also, the Cavs made the Kyrie trade without LeBron involved (he didn't want them to make the trade once the IT health issues were made clear) and that trade essentially ended his time in Cleveland. 

I was interested in what moves you thought "GM" LeBron made that were so poor and specifically how they were directly made by him and not the organization. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

LeBron leveraged his importance as a player so Cleveland would make win now moves to help him win a championship. Tristan Thompson and JR Smith got paid because there were no alternatives that would have improved the team.

Thompson got paid because he's a Rich Paul client and LeBron's buddy. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thompson got paid because he's a Rich Paul client and LeBron's buddy. 

I know he's a Klutch client, but that's not why he got an extension. The amount of money was irrelevant, either way, it only effected Gilbert's tax bill. And then Thompson helped them win a championship. 

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I know he's a Klutch client, but that's not why he got an extension. The amount of money was irrelevant, either way, it only effected Gilbert's tax bill. And then Thompson helped them win a championship. 

Correct, they weren't going to get better by letting him go since they were still over the salary cap. 

It's wild that they got a ring and people still kill them as much as they do. Not every organization is going to be ran like the Spurs or now the Warriors. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Correct, they weren't going to get better by letting him go since they were still over the salary cap. 

It's wild that they got a ring and people still kill them as much as they do. Not every organization is going to be ran like the Spurs or now the Warriors. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep.

No one is going to argue that Thompson or Smith were worth their contracts in a vacuum. However, considering the position the team was in, they were decisions that had to be made. Cleveland could not realistically replace them.

Thompson's ability to at least make Curry work a little on switches and his offensive rebounding was crucial against the pre-Durant Warriors. Smith had just averaged 12 PPG on over 40% shooting from 3 throughout that regular and postseason while playing solid (though inconsistent) defense. They re-signed him for the going rate with no way to replace him if they let him walk.

Those are moves almost any team would have made, regardless of LeBron wanting it. Durant going to GS really killed that team haha.

Hopefully he decides to play in the World Cup. Would be a great experience for him and adds a certain element of excitement to the team. It'd also be  great exposure for him brand wise (especially with his style of play) to introduce himself to the Chinese population.

17 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

why would he exclude the Knicks?they have a shot at KD and even AD.

The Nets could get 2 max slots as well. They have 2 1st round picks, so attach each one to a bad contract and boom. Double max cap space.

Edit: they only have 1 bad contract, so even better. They'd be able to sign 2 max guys and re-sign Russell if they get rid Crabbe.

The Grizzlies will take #17 and Allen Crabbe for Avery Bradley (he is only guaranteed $1 million).

Edited by seminoles1