NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

12 hours ago, dtait93 said:

The Dwight Howard effect

Dwight Howard just returned from his injury recently....They were awful BEFORE he got on the court.

That team like I said after the third or so game is in the absolute worst position you could be in. No real future and a core they have had for a while now. Wall's contract from this point on is going to be BRUTAL. God speed Wiz fans, god speed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dwight Howard just returned from his injury recently....They were awful BEFORE he got on the court.

That team like I said after the third or so game is in the absolute worst position you could be in. No real future and a core they have had for a while now. Wall's contract from this point on is going to be BRUTAL. God speed Wiz fans, god speed. 

Just trade everyone. Beal and Porter would bring good returns, Wall probably less so because of his massive contract but he'd still bring in some decent pieces.

Wizards could probably quickly set themselves up for a good rebuild. 

15 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Just trade everyone. Beal and Porter would bring good returns, Wall probably less so because of his massive contract but he'd still bring in some decent pieces.

Wizards could probably quickly set themselves up for a good rebuild. 

I don't know what team would jump on the Wall grenade....maybe the Suns? If someone is down to trade for Wall you do it without question...even with minimal return. Rozier is trying to get traded now per Ben Simmons

Beal obviously has the most value, but I'd try and hold on to him at this point. He's really good. Otto is movable, but you won't get great return. I could see a team (like Denver or Portland etc) trade for Porter if they strike out on free agents this summer. 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Yeah...I would only take Wall if you also gave me a 1st rounder or 2. That contract is as bad as it gets and is going to get worse and worse. I don't know who would give real value for Wall.

That contract is a shame because a motivated Wall would prosper. I’d love him with Pop.

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

That contract is a shame because a motivated Wall would prosper. I’d love him with Pop.

Only about 6 players in the NBA deserve the supermax. Every team who gives it to a player below that tier is going to regret it.

Motivated Wall is still a very good player...but I don't have faith he shows up for more than half a season and his knee injuries and lack of shooting keep me from even considering adding him at this point.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Only about 6 players in the NBA deserve the supermax. Every team who gives it to a player below that tier is going to regret it.

Motivated Wall is still a very good player...but I don't have faith he shows up for more than half a season and his knee injuries and lack of shooting keep me from even considering adding him at this point.

Not that I disagree with what you said, but how do you fix the supermax or create a situation in which players are motivated to stay with the team that drafted them?

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not that I disagree with what you said, but how do you fix the supermax or create a situation in which players are motivated to stay with the team that drafted them?

I can’t think of anything other than a hard cap, which is dumb from the players’ perspective, or some scheme that allows the original team a discounted cap hit which is probably stupid. At a certain point you just suck it up and let free agents sign with super teams.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure. I certainly understand it from that perspective, but don't think it's worth it after those top few players. Teams want to keep their own, but need to be smart about it. 

I'm a proponent of a hard cap, but that will probably never happen. Players love free agency too much to agree to that or a franchise tag of some sort.