Rookie watch thread, other than Doncic

resilient part 2

37 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Doncic in the early lead?? 

luka: 19 PPG, 42FG%, 3.8 assists, 4 TOs, 6.5 REBs, 52TS%

Ayton: 16.3 PPG, 63FG%, 3.8 assists, 1 TO, 10.8 REBs, 67 TS%, 1 BPG

Young: 21.5 PPG, 42FG%, 7.5 assists, 3.3 TOs, 3.5 REBs, 56TS%

all pretty bad defensively

After one week of games, I'll say I've been impressed with Bagley. I was extremely down on the kid and I still think he is the wrong pick for the team, but he has shown to be a competent player. He is still super limited and you can see that each time he is forced to try and go right and has to use his left hand to finish. One of the big problems is minute allocation for him. WCS is playing great and Bjelica has been tremendous so there isn't much playing time in the front court. Add on guys like Giles needing minutes too and you can see why it was a dumb move to go after a big when we have a bunch of talented bigs already starving for time to develop. Instead we have to watch guys like Justin Jackson play the 3, when we could be watching someone like Doncic playing the 3 instead. But at least Bags is showing something, thats a lot more than I expected. It will be interesting to see what happens as his minutes increase. His second jump as been such a big weapon. 

On 10/26/2018 at 8:24 AM, MightyMouse07 said:

After one week of games, I'll say I've been impressed with Bagley. I was extremely down on the kid and I still think he is the wrong pick for the team, but he has shown to be a competent player. He is still super limited and you can see that each time he is forced to try and go right and has to use his left hand to finish. One of the big problems is minute allocation for him. WCS is playing great and Bjelica has been tremendous so there isn't much playing time in the front court. Add on guys like Giles needing minutes too and you can see why it was a dumb move to go after a big when we have a bunch of talented bigs already starving for time to develop. Instead we have to watch guys like Justin Jackson play the 3, when we could be watching someone like Doncic playing the 3 instead. But at least Bags is showing something, thats a lot more than I expected. It will be interesting to see what happens as his minutes increase. His second jump as been such a big weapon. 

Yeah I'm eating crow right now. He's already doing far better than I thought he would, especially with how he looked in SL and preseason.

Never understood why Phoenix signed Trevor Ariza. I figured it would stunt the growth of a player like Bridges. Bridges had one of his first extended playing Time games tonight I believe and shot and played great. Unfortunately in a blowout loss. 

meanwhile, in no surprise Luca Doncic is playing like a veteran already. Despite there being some good rookies I really can't see him not winning the Rookie of the Year award

13 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Never understood why Phoenix signed Trevor Ariza. I figured it would stunt the growth of a player like Bridges. Bridges had one of his first extended playing Time games tonight I believe and shot and played great. Unfortunately in a blowout loss. 

Ariza should be on the block soon. There's no reason for him to be there by February.

JJJ is good...but his fouling problem is hilarious. It'll be a couple years before he gets it under control I think.

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Ariza should be on the block soon. There's no reason for him to be there by February.

JJJ is good...but his fouling problem is hilarious. It'll be a couple years before he gets it under control I think.

is it from guarding quicker players on switches etc.. or from getting pushed around down low. Just curious.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

How tradeable is Ariza? Even on an expiring, 14M is hard to match up with for a role player.

Archived