What’s the worst you’ve ever seen a single player hold back a team?

patriotsheatyan

19 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Jim Miller was fantastic in 01.  There are still a lot of Bears fans upset about Hugh Douglas ruining the Bears playoffs that year.

Really? 160 passing yards a game with 13 touchdowns, and 10 picks? 5.3 YPA. That seems pretty horrible. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

True, the Bears. 

BTW, those stats are still horrible for 2001 standards. Just sayin. :)

Tbh with you I remember 2 things from that season (I was 21).  Keith Traylor's almost 75 yard pick 6 and Hugh Douglas destroying Millers shoulder and killing our playoff dreams.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Tbh with you I remember 2 things from that season (I was 21).  Keith Traylor's almost 75 yard pick 6 and Hugh Douglas destroying Millers shoulder and killing our playoff dreams.

In regards to your Bears, I remember the 49ers having a big lead on the road, and then choking the game away. Terrell Owens and his retarded hands. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

In regards to your Bears, I remember the 49ers having a big lead on the road, and then choking the game away. Terrell Owens and his retarded hands. 

Haha, you just made me remember a 3rd and 4th thing.  Mike Brown's back to back comeback miracles.  The first against your niners. The following week the Bears would come back from 14 down inside of 2 mins and Brown would once again get a pick 6 to win the game. The plays looked almost identical

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

Oh, if we're opening up coaches, Bill O'Brien is in the discussion. How many coaches can get huge performances from Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, JJ Watt and Jadevion Clowney and nearly lose a game in OT to an undermanned Colts team? How many can lose to a Titans team down three OTs, an All Pro TE, and Blaine Gabbert? How many have an 0-3 record in games where Jacoby Brissett starts?

Talent wise, the Texans are a 9-7 or 10-6 team. With O'Brien, we are legitimately looking at a 3-13 season.

If we’re opening it up to coaches, Gus Bradley is the answer. He has the second worst winning percentage in NFL history, and the second he leaves the Jaguars are miraculously a top 5 team with Doug Marrone. And honestly, I’m not even sure Marrone is a good coach. He’s just not decidedly the worst ever.

2 hours ago, pwny said:

If we’re opening it up to coaches, Gus Bradley is the answer. He has the second worst winning percentage in NFL history, and the second he leaves the Jaguars are miraculously a top 5 team with Doug Marrone. And honestly, I’m not even sure Marrone is a good coach. He’s just not decidedly the worst ever.

Totally agreed - it's because of guys like Bradley, Mike Malarkey and Chuck Pagano that O'Brien was able to rack up an impressive W/L in division. When you go 9-7 and 6-0 in division - you're not really doing anything that should inspire confidence, you're just beating up on bad teams.

On 10/4/2018 at 3:58 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

No, No, No.....No

Grossman did not cost the Bears the Superbowl.  The Bears defense not being able to stop the run, whether it was Rhodes or Addai, cost the Bears the SuperBowl.  Hester spotted the Bears 7 points.  Grossman didnt turn the ball over until very late in the game down 10.  The lack of Tommie Harris and Ron Rivera's dont care about run defense attitude stopped the Bears from winning that SuperBowl.

Carry on

Oh stop. Now you're just making things up. Grossman had 3 turnovers in that game including a botched snap at the end of the half, which was a killer after the defense just forced ANOTHER turnover and gave him field position. 

I agree, Rhodes killed us (and was the REAL MVP, not Manning) but that was in large part because the defense was on the damn field for nearly the entire game because Grossman was garbage. 

Just like going 3 and out on 4 of his 10 drives. His only passing TD came only after TJ ran for a big gain. He had about 30 total passing yards in the first half (along with another 2 passes that should've been intercepted) despite being given good field position---35 yards or more. Meanwhile, the defense forced 3 turnovers and a number of PBU's and near INT's. 

Bottomline, Grossman had a run game, a defense and was spotted 7 points by the ST unit. All he had to do was to perform at an average rate and he couldn't.

Here, I thought all of the Grossman apologist's had come to their senses by now but I guess not. 

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Oh stop. Now you're just making things up. Grossman had 3 turnovers in that game including a botched snap at the end of the half, which was a killer after the defense just forced ANOTHER turnover and gave him field position. 

I agree, Rhodes killed us (and was the REAL MVP, not Manning) but that was in large part because the defense was on the damn field for nearly the entire game because Grossman was garbage. 

Just like going 3 and out on 4 of his 10 drives. His only passing TD came only after TJ ran for a big gain. He had about 30 total passing yards in the first half (along with another 2 passes that should've been intercepted) despite being given good field position---35 yards or more. Meanwhile, the defense forced 3 turnovers and a number of PBU's and near INT's. 

Bottomline, Grossman had a run game, a defense and was spotted 7 points by the ST unit. All he had to do was to perform at an average rate and he couldn't.

Here, I thought all of the Grossman apologist's had come to their senses by now but I guess not. 

I'm not a Grossman apologist at all.  I'm not defending him.  But the defense could not stop the run at all and that's what cost us that game.  It wouldn't have mattered who was at QB bc if the defense didnt force a turnover the Colts scored.  They were supposed to be a historic defense they were supposed to win that game.  Not the offense.

15 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm not a Grossman apologist at all.  I'm not defending him.  But the defense could not stop the run at all and that's what cost us that game.  It wouldn't have mattered who was at QB bc if the defense didnt force a turnover the Colts scored.  They were supposed to be a historic defense they were supposed to win that game.  Not the offense.

When Bob Sanders destroyed Cedric Benson I knew that game was over. Fml.

Archived