2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Twitter is buzzing about Patrick Corbin being in Philadelphia and at Citizens Bank Park today. Well, it is true. He is high on Phillies' wish list

Good.  Good.  Spend big on Corbin and Machado.  Leave Bryce alone.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Oh god we really are gonna trade Syndergaard for pennies on the dollar.

Yeah trade a guy who when he was healthy was top-5 in baseball in every meaningful pitching statistic. Is 26. Has the best pure stuff in baseball history. Yeah no that's totally a great idea.

Paging Maddon, Maddon to the white courtesy phone please.

5 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

It all just depends on what the Giants want in return.  I can't imagine 1 year of MadBum, coming off 2 straight injury-shortened seasons, costs all that much.  

Not to mention significantly diminished fastball velo, a 4 seamer that has gotten pounded to the tune of nearly a 900 ops, career worst k rate and walk rate last year. Take what you can get. If the deal involves one legit prospect, I'm in.

My preference would be to send him to the braves along with Watson or Smith. Really like their prospect pool. 

Matt Gelb of The Athletic reports that in addition to starter Patrick Corbin, reliever Andrew Miller is at the top of the Phillies' pitching wish list.

It's not a surprise, as the Phillies are essentially in on every top free agent. Miller missed time with knee, hamstring, and shoulder injuries this past season while posting a mediocre 4.24 ERA, 1.38 WHIP and 45/16 K/BB ratio in 34 innings, but that doesn't appear to be having any impact on his market. If healthy, he's capable of being a huge difference-maker in a late-inning role for any contender.

Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports hears that the Rangers and Jesse Chavez have agreed to a two-year contract in the range of $8 million.

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not to mention significantly dominated fastball velo, a 4 seamer that has gotten pounded to the tune of nearly a 900 ops, career worst k rate and walk rate last year. Take what you can get. If the deal involves one legit prospect, I'm in.

My preference would be to send him to the braves along with Watson or Smith. Really like their prospect pool. 

I'd probably be less annoyed by Bumgarner's dog crap personality if he just cost the Brewers Corey Ray.

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Not to mention significantly diminished fastball velo, a 4 seamer that has gotten pounded to the tune of nearly a 900 ops, career worst k rate and walk rate last year. Take what you can get. If the deal involves one legit prospect, I'm in.

You are insane lol

If the analytic guys are all going to look at those stats and think he is in decline, then I doubt the Giants get what they are looking for right now.

I dont anticipate him being moved this offseason. Its more likely we keep the band together for the early part of the season, then unload the bullpen and possibly Bum at the deadline, especially if he has a bounce back season.

I think if a team like houston loses a guy like verlander for example, or if the yankees rotation is really terrible, and Bum is Bum, then we would be able to get a lot more for him than we could right now. 

Hes not a power pitcher, and despite all of the talk about the velo decline, I am pretty confident that he will pitch for another 10 years. The release is easy on the arm and is deceiving and hes got the right build/mindset to pitch through his 40s. Just a hunch. (I wish this was 50 years ago and bum could play 1st base on the days he doesnt pitch)

@ramssuperbowl99 you of all people should appreciate an old school junk yard dog who doesn't take crap from anyone. 

Nothing like a BUM BIG FLY

Pitcher A: 129.2 IP, 7.57 K/9, 2.98 BB/9, 4.59 (K-BB)/9, 0.97 HR/9, 0.274 BABIP, 87.8 mph average exit velocity, 42.7 GB%, 3.26 ERA, 3.99 FIP, 4.32 xFIP, 1.4 WAR
Pitcher B: 141 IP, 8.68 K/9, 3.41 BB/9, 5.25 (K-BB)/9, 1.21 HR/9, 0.312 BABIP, 87.9 mph average exit velocity, 43.1 GB%, 4.09 ERA, 4.24 FIP, 4.23 xFIP, 1.7 WAR

Pitcher A doesn't get as many strikeouts, even when correcting for a slightly lower walk rate, and the result of the low ERA had more to due with the BABIP that was totally unsupported by any weak contact generating skills.

Pitcher A is obviously Bumgarner. Pitcher B is Junior Guerra, who is not good, but compares pretty favorably here.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Live footage of whoever Hunter Greene's life insurance company is:

giphy.gif

With senzel ready to go 

Suarez for Thor type of mega trade is possible

Reds could realistically have a rotation of 

Thor 

Anthony Descafalini 

Matt Harvey 

Luis Castillo

Lucas Sims /Homer Bailey 

Hamilton CF