2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

Just now, N4L said:

Such a giants move lol pretty good signing for the money I'd say 

I have no qualms about it. 1.5 is pretty much chump change. He can't stay healthy, but if he manages to, he should obviously have a much better season at Oracle than he did in Fenway last last year, and he's only one year removed from having a very solid season in 2017. Also makes all the sense in the world - very low cost, one year deal for a team that management knows won't compete this year make him an immediate candidate to get flipped at the deadline should he be having a solid season. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Probably when he was going 20-20 every year.

Also, steals was higher in his years so only getting 20-25 wasnt as noticeable as when guys get there today.

Indeed.  Basically hit 15 HR and stole 20 bases (minimum) every year of his career (14 years)

6 hours ago, devils1854 said:

proof that Gwynn was  ovverrated.  Trout passes him in WAR by mid April this year.

So wait, the proof that player X is over rated is because the guy who is on track to be the best player ever is going to pass him in WAR this year?  Don't see how THAT computes.

6 hours ago, tom cody said:

Always thought Abreu was a good player. I doubt he makes the Hall of Fame but he'd be on my ballot for 2020.

I always thought he was good but don’t remember him being a top 20-25 player at the time, which to me means he isn’t a HOFer IMO.  Shocked to see his career numbers though.  

Archived