2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

6 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lol the owners are begging for a labor strike its amazing. $9M AAV for Ottavino?

No wonder nobody is signing they know this market will **** them out of their biggest major payday.

It’s amazing eventually there will be a strike and salaries will finally inflate and these guys particularly Harper will look like such bargains 

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lol the owners are begging for a labor strike its amazing. $9M AAV for Ottavino?

No wonder nobody is signing they know this market will **** them out of their biggest major payday.

How much is a relief pitcher suppose to make? 

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm actually not upset by the Ottavino contract.  He has exactly one good season under his belt; is entering his age 33 season; wasn't rosterable as recently as 2017; and had TJS a few years ago.  He absolutely was fantastic in 2018, no question.  But with all that above and the caveat that relievers are notoriously fickle by nature, is that a guy you give $15 million a year to for multiple years?  I think 3/$30 is a fair deal for him and 3/$27 isn't all that far off.

39 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I'm actually not upset by the Ottavino contract.  He has exactly one good season under his belt; is entering his age 33 season; wasn't rosterable as recently as 2017; and had TJS a few years ago.  He absolutely was fantastic in 2018, no question.  But with all that above and the caveat that relievers are notoriously fickle by nature, is that a guy you give $15 million a year to for multiple years?  I think 3/$30 is a fair deal for him and 3/$27 isn't all that far off.

Exactly. Guys throws 1 inning every other game. 9 million sounds right 

6 hours ago, mission27 said:

It’s amazing eventually there will be a strike and salaries will finally inflate and these guys particularly Harper will look like such bargains 

I already said Machado and Harper should insist on opt out years the year of the new CBA agreement. 

4 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Congrats ya’ll did it.  Analytics have taken over.  #adaptordie

Longo nailed it. Fans are too obsessed with owner’s making money out of some vague concern for efficiency (and/or some reflexive urge to defend billionaire profits bc capitalism).

I want a veteran on the Yanks to call out ownership but I doubt that’ll happen.

Archived