2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

21 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

Am I crazy for thinking that the Yankees are going to sign Harper?  Trade a young infielder and Stanton to another team?  Harper wants to win and is actually concerned about his legacy...Machado not so much.  Harper is a big Yankees fan.  /shrug

You're stuck with Stanton. Can't see anybody taking that contract anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

You're stuck with Stanton. Can't see anybody taking that contract anytime soon. 

I don't know why but i sorta wish the braves would look into it.  Although thats not something we would do if we wouldn't do it for Harper or Machado we prob. wouldn't do it for him.   He would be a great get for our RF position and to be our true #4 in our lineup.

A lineup of
Acuna
Donaldson
Freeman
Stanton
Albies
McCann
Swanson
Ender

With a bench of
Markakis
Carmargo
Culberson
Duvall
Flowers

I would say thats really competitive and would give a ton of people some rest and breathers over the year to keep everyone fresh with legit starting quality players as backups.

10 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

You speak as if it's a horrid contract and/or he's not very good?

He is being paid well above the market rate for his services... for another 7? years. 

Hes untradeable, but thats ok 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

He is being paid well above the market rate for his services... for another 7? years. 

9 years left and an option/buy-out in the 10th year. Definitely not getting traded without the Yankees eating a ton of money. 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

The Yanks have no need to dump Stanton to afford Harper. And they’re actually paying him a pretty affordable amount anyway because of what the Marlins cover.

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Its just a feeling I have, but I really think that someone will sign or either be traded by Friday. Not sure of the names yet. 

A lot of smoke around Realmuto, with at least 4 teams considered serious contenders in the Reds, Padres, Braves, and Dodgers.

Archived