5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

1 minute ago, persiandud said:

I agree with this. We don't have the personnel to execute the short passing game. 

Jimmy Graham is WASHED. Rodgers still says in pressers that they need to get him more involved. The offense will suffer if we have to rely on Graham to do anything. He sucks at blocking. He sucks at getting open downfield. His speed and quickness is shot. You're just hoping you can throw him a fade in the end zone. That's literally all he's good for. 

Graham's in a weird spot here. We're not throwing vertically down the seam which kills a lot of his value. Most defenses are choosing to leave a CB on the TE side of the ZXA-Y split regardless of the personnel so he's not bringing the alignment value. Our QB throws slant routes to one guy only and has been pretty terrible throwing out routes. 

I'm not sure if Graham is washed or if we're just not running any kind of offense where a receiving TE is really going to help at this point. 

1 hour ago, Howler said:

Additionally, Rodgers is 5-23 against winning teams since 2012 — the same record as Kirk Cousins. 

5-23 is certainly a terrible record against winning teams. But it is not Aaron Rodgers' record against winning teams during that time. 

Minny 

Houston

NY Giants

Dallas

Detroit 

Minnesota

Washington

NYJ

Chicago

Carolina

Eagles

New England

Detroit

Dallas

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's a risk I would have taken. 

No it isn’t. You’ve once posted that you were going to stop watching football after Favre left until you quickly realized how good Rodgers is/was. You can do worse than having Rodgers as your QB. Much, much, Mitch, much worse.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, malak1 said:

No it isn’t. You’ve once posted that you were going to stop watching football after Favre left until you quickly realized how good Rodgers is/was. You can do worse than having Rodgers as your QB. Much, much, Mitch, much worse.

I was gonna be like STFU I don’t like you, but then you just won me over at the end there.  Sorry, buddy.  I like you now.

Came to the thread.  Felt like it would be cringe worthy.

Found out that it is not.

Look.  We are 2-0.  And that is wonderful.

We would also be 2-0 if the QB played better.  He's made some plays and he's left his fair share of plays on the field.

Outpost has a point here, concerning Rodgers.

I also wish to thank @AlexGreen20 for pointing out MLF down/distance play calls.  I watch that now, just like I watch the underneath stuff a whole lot more.

Here's to 2-0.  And here is to hoping our QB continues to improve.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

You can thank Capers for a lot of those Rodgers stats. If Rodgers put up 60 you knew Capers would give up 61. Especially against decent QB's. That genius cost us at least one more ring

I didn't get a ring the last time.  Did I miss something?

I did purchase a piece of paper that entitles me to nothing, though.  Except fans envy from other teams.  :)

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Rick Mirer.  Trent Edwards.  Jon Kitna.  Marcus Mariota.  Ed Rubbert.  Carson Wentz.

That's not overly good company to be in and shows me that the sample size is probably too small to judge much of anything.

That’s true. But I’m 38 years old and have loved football since I was a kid. I’ve watched a ton of football over the last 30 years. Minshew has a feel for football and just strong enough of a arm to make it. He’s a dude. I believe that.