Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

Part of this is on Gute IMO. No way we should have gone into this season with the 4 guys we have as EDGE rushers. It was a clear weakness last year and he did nothing to address it. 

However, McCarthy is so far out over his skis as a head coach it's not even funny. 

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You know things are bad when we need to point to an injured rookie CB in week 6 of the season as a huge factor in why the team is laying down on national TV.

I mean it's not the whole reason why we are laying an egg, but we really could use him blitzing, also in coverage.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:33 PM, skibrett15 said:

How we lose this game:

SF slows the game down, Matt Breida plays and plays well.  SF is able to control the number of opportunities for Rodgers and co, and Beathard doesn't turn the ball over and hits 1-2 deep passes to Goodwin picking on Brice while focusing on Kittle to move the chains.  SF has good 1st down passing and shanahan is able to keep Pettine guessing.

Don't think it's especially likely, because GB should be able to get a lead and should play good defense with a lead against this team.

Well, they aren't really trying to slow the game down, and we've played horrible D with the lead.

Shanahan is OWNING pettine.

Who is this other RB, he's much feistier than Alfred Morris.  Hopefully they go to Morris in the 2nd half, might give us a chance.

The idea of this dumpster fire being Super Bowl caliber is almost laughable.  Nothing like getting outplayed by the NFL's worst team for a half at home.  

Feel terrible for those fans having paid for this sort of disgusting effort.  

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Part of this is on Gute IMO. No way we should have gone into this season with the 4 guys we have as EDGE rushers. It was a clear weakness last year and he did nothing to address it. 

However, McCarthy is so far out over his skis as a head coach it's not even funny. 

Outside of Khalil Mack who was out there?

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I mean it's not the whole reason why we are laying an egg, but we really could use him blitzing, also in coverage.

I actually agree with you.  I'm just saying it's a very bad sign for the state of the team.

Archived