Drew Brees - new all time passing yardage leader

Mid Iowa

Just now, Asciimo said:

Still petty insults with no factual football knowledge to argue against my opinions. Isn't it past your bedtime?

No you are always yelling into the mirror with your dumb**** analysts take on anything. Surprised you don’t live in a refrigerator box. 

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

You can say that about a lot of receivers that put up numbers though. Even really talented guys can look average without consistent quality QB play. Even if that advantage is available though, tons of guys come and go. Like all of those Patriots receivers the last 15 years.

It's not just about "numbers" though. It's about how you get them and who you get them against.

Edit: They didn't seem to miss a beat whenever he would miss or leave a game.  

29 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's not just about "numbers" though. It's about how you get them and who you get them against.

Edit: They didn't seem to miss a beat whenever he would miss or leave a game.  

Right...and I remember Colston being a big play receiver that made tough catches, and wasn't easy to bring down. His monster game against the stacked Ravens defense in 2006 as a rookie seemed indicative of what kind of player he could be. 

I remember when Rice missed some time, including most of the 1997 season. 49ers did fine without him. Look at Calvin Johnson. He retires, Stafford doesn't miss a beat, and the Lions make the playoffs the next year.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Right...and I remember Colston being a big play receiver that made tough catches, and wasn't easy to bring down. His monster game against the stacked Ravens defense in 2006 as a rookie seemed indicative of what kind of player he could be. 

I remember when Rice missed some time, including most of the 1997 season. 49ers did fine without him.

One game don't define an entire career.

Again, Colston was very underrated throughout most of his career. But to say that he was ever a top receiver is asinine.

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

One game don't define an entire career.

Again, Colston was very underrated throughout most of his career. But to say that he was ever a top receiver is asinine.

Never claimed it did. I stated that that performance was indicative of the kind of player he could be. Regardless, Colston had many quality games in the years to follow. 

I was addressing to your statement that he wasn't anything more than average. I don't think that's true. He was better than average to me. Maybe not first team All Pro material, but he was a Pro Bowl caliber guy.

Idk.. Brees has 6 losing seasons in his career. 

Peyton and Elway both only had 2 each.. Losing seasons is frowned upon for elite Qbs. 

Brady 0.. Montana 2 despite only playing 16 games in those 2 seasons. 

Marino 2.. Despite his last season being 5-6.. 

18 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Never claimed it did. I stated that that performance was indicative of the kind of player he could be. Regardless, Colston had many quality games in the years to follow. 

I know you didn't exactly make that claim and I'm not accusing you of that, so don't take it the wrong the way. But you referred to one game(aka the Ravens game) as a point of contention and I was only replying to that.

18 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I was addressing to your statement that he wasn't anything more than average. I don't think that's true. He was better than average to me. Maybe not first team All Pro material, but he was a Pro Bowl caliber guy.

You're You may be mis-understanding what I'm saying. Colston was an above average WR throughout his career--hence underrated. But without Brees, he wouldn't have been anything more than average.

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Idk.. Brees has 6 losing seasons in his career. 

Peyton and Elway both only had 2 each.. Losing seasons is frowned upon for elite Qbs. 

Brady 0.. Montana 2 despite only playing 16 games in those 2 seasons. 

Marino 2.. Despite his last season being 5-6.. 

"Losing" is a cop-out. Losing has more of an effect on TEAMS...not QB's. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

"Losing" is a cop-out. Losing has more of an effect on TEAMS...not QB's. 

Image result for Ms Juicy gif

Weird how elite Qb's don't have that many. But if we bring up Trent Dilfer you'll see a pattern.

Oh Look Aaron Rodgers only has 1. At some point it becomes a clear indicator. Other wise you're just another fan. 

Ooooooooooooooooooh my sweet sweet child.. And besides the Steelers, The Saints have been a factory machine just pumping out WR's.

Kenny Stills, Brandin Cooks and others.. Just nasty with it.. Even Willie Snead was looking very promising. 

Just now, El ramster said:

Weird how elite Qb's don't have that many. But if we bring up Trent Dilfer you'll see a pattern.

Oh Look Aaron Rodgers only has 1. At some point it becomes a clear indicator. Other wise you're just another fan. 

Ooooooooooooooooooh my sweet sweet child.. And besides the Steelers, The Saints have been a factory machine just pumping out WR's.

Kenny Stills, Brandin Cooks and others.. Just nasty with it.. Even Willie Snead was looking very promising. 

So a team losing a game is solely on the QB and noone else?

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

So a team losing a game is solely on the QB and noone else?

Are you really going to sit here and debate me that Aaron Rodgers has had an all pro defense?
Elite coaching staff? What more proof you want? and your counter argument what other "top 5 QB"

has had that many losing seasons. I just want you to defend why it's brees and brees alone who has 3 times the losing 

season as his other peers. 

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Are you really going to sit here and debate me that Aaron Rodgers has had an all pro defense?
Elite coaching staff? What more proof you want? and your counter argument what other "top 5 QB"

has had that many losing seasons. I just want you to defend why it's brees and brees alone who has 3 times the losing 

season as his other peers. 

Post all of gifs you want.

Answer my question. Are teams losses soley based on the QB's nor not? Yes or no?

Archived