#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

On 12/28/2019 at 9:46 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

So we are picking a head coach before a GM if they are correct.  We are doing this in the wrong order.  

Also here is the article that is referenced by @ARTMONK HOF 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/28/bruce-allens-redskins-role-likely-changing-ron-rivera-marvin-lewis-among-coaching-candidates/

You are correct in that they are doing this in the wrong order. I was thinking about this this morning and while I agree with you, they are sort of forced to do it this way because of the timing of hires.

Had Snyder wanted to do this correctly, he would have fired Allen after the trade deadline, made someone like Schaeffer acting GM, created a search committee and then scoured the league for the best candidates (spend November). In the past month, they would have been interviewing those candidates and hired said person before now so the new GM would be in place for the coaching search.

Alas, he waited until after the season because ... reasons ...

22 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I’m available Dan. I’ve drank quite a few Super Colds in my day, and am not above saying nice things about the Redskins of the money is right. 

Other than an unhealthy obsession with former Hurricanes, I believe you could do a much better job at running the franchise, Jeezy.

18 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Not saying he isn’t qualified, but people foaming at the mouth over a TV analyst just doesn’t make sense to me.

Hiring him would be more of a coin flip than it seems from people who grovel for him. 

It's not like long time analysts haven't been tapped for GM spots before (looks at Mayock).

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s good. He was his defensive coordinator when they went to the Super Bowl which led to Wilk’s becoming a HC candidate.

Yeah. His last year with Carolina I think they were ranked 9th in defense. He can produce a top 10 units out there on a consistent basis. If the KO'C even cracks top 15 it should mean were winning a whole lot.

26 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yeah. His last year with Carolina I think they were ranked 9th in defense. He can produce a top 10 units out there on a consistent basis. If the KO'C even cracks top 15 it should mean were winning a whole lot.

Like most coordinators, if Wilks gets the personnel, he’ll produce a good defense. I think now that Brice is gone that Dan will give Rivera the players he wants in both FA and the draft so he and Wilks can build our defense into a good one.

Edited by turtle28