Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That’s what I want. I feel like that’s the smart play but I feel like this organization is too dumb to pull it off. 

Could it be <shudders> that whomever is doing this is playing it smart?

Walk down this path with me a moment shall we?

Q: When is Rosen's draft stock the highest?

A: Before the draft

Because once Murray is taken by Arizona, his draft stock plummets.

The mocks I've now seen have Haskins falling to us (or near enough to us). This may be what the F.O. is seeing too.

What if, the F.O. is telling Arizona that they want to wait until we are almost on the clock to make the trade for Rosen?

This way we can see if a guy like Haskins is available and they want to take him instead. Or you really wanted Rosen all along but wanted to wait to see if a QB is there to really drive down his price during the draft.

Or it's a smoke screen to get the Cards to drop their asking price before the draft.

Dunno. But there is now value in us waiting to do a deal. Personally, unless the Cards drop their demand from a 1st rounder (pre draft trade), I'm waiting until the draft to see if a QB falls to us. And then telling the Cards we're taking him unless they deal him to us (but at a greatly lowered price).

Now...all of the above is predicated on someone smart running the organization. I know. I know.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Could it be <shudders> that whomever is doing this is playing it smart?

Walk down this path with me a moment shall we?

Q: When is Rosen's draft stock the highest?

A: Before the draft

Because once Murray is taken by Arizona, his draft stock plummets.

The mocks I've now seen have Haskins falling to us (or near enough to us). This may be what the F.O. is seeing too.

What if, the F.O. is telling Arizona that they want to wait until we are almost on the clock to make the trade for Rosen?

This way we can see if a guy like Haskins is available and they want to take him instead. Or you really wanted Rosen all along but wanted to wait to see if a QB is there to really drive down his price during the draft.

Or it's a smoke screen to get the Cards to drop their asking price before the draft.

Dunno. But there is now value in us waiting to do a deal. Personally, unless the Cards drop their demand from a 1st rounder (pre draft trade), I'm waiting until the draft to see if a QB falls to us. And then telling the Cards we're taking him unless they deal him to us (but at a greatly lowered price).

Now...all of the above is predicated on someone smart running the organization. I know. I know.

And I would really like to see the Skins come out looking like the Smart one's in this situation. 

Anyone know much about Maxx Crosby from Eastern Michigan? Came across his highlights and it looks like he may be a good developmental prospect at 3-4 OLB. He looks like he plays pretty hard and has some decent bend around the edge 

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

Anyone know much about Maxx Crosby from Eastern Michigan? Came across his highlights and it looks like he may be a good developmental prospect at 3-4 OLB. He looks like he plays pretty hard and has some decent bend around the edge 

That's what I've read about him, lunchpale type of player like the Usc pass rusher.

3 hours ago, taylor made said:

I'm sure the Bills are really glad they let Patrick Mahomes away because they thought they weren't 'one' player away. Haskins isn't gonna fall to us, that is wishful thinking. We'd have to trade up past the Dolphins to get him. I have no idea how well Haskins will turn out but he does have franchise QB potential whereas I'm not sure any of the other QBs in this draft does. I am sick of trading for other's team's trash (Rosen) and it makes me sad that half the fan base will eat it up if we do trade for him.

Eh, I'm no Murray, Lock or Jones lover but they also display franchise QB potential. Rosen also has those traits and Grier showed some of those traits at WVU too, at one point last season, Grier was considered a possible Heisman candidate bc he was playing well and the WVU passing game was killing it. That all ended at Iowa State where he and the entire team played awful.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We swapped 2012 firsts and traded two other firsts. Sure we traded our 6th overall pick but it's not like we didn't get a 2012 first back.

We've been over this ad nauseum. If I traded you 4 cars to get one car, just because I got a car back in the trade doesn't mean I just magically only traded 3 cars to you. I traded 4 to get 1. Saying "well we swapped..." minimizes the impact of the disastrous trade.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

We've been over this ad nauseum. If I traded you 4 cars to get one car, just because I got a car back in the trade doesn't mean I just magically only traded 3 cars to you. I traded 4 to get 1. Saying "well we swapped..." minimizes the impact of the disastrous trade.

Yes we have and we don’t see it the same way, so why’d you even quote what I said if you didn’t want to discuss it again?

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes we have and we don’t see it the same way, so why’d you even quote what I said if you didn’t want to discuss it again?

Because you responded to him and it's only polite to respond in kind?

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yes.  We traded 4 picks for 1 pick.  Any other statement is false.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He is in fact NOT reading it correctly, but I guess the overarching point still stands. It’s not exactly groundbreaking news — the FO would have to be as dumb as many people here think they are not to be focused on those two positions — but they’re definitely considering QBs and WRs. 

One of the things I find interesting (and a little puzzling) is how many OTs they’ve had in for private visits. Nate Davis, Andre Dillard, Tytus Howard, Kaleb McGary, and Dalton Risner. I think one of the reasonable takeaways is that they’re strongly considering OL at that 2nd round pick, which I would understand if they were looking for a guy to play OG right away. But none of Dillard, Howard, and McGary really makes sense as a guy to stick inside early on. 

Archived