Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

16 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Shoulders can be fixed. Hearts a little more tricky. It’s kinda weird this came out this week. 

It was apparently discovered at the Combine, but I guess teams are reporting/smokescreening about it now.

I'd still pick him if he was available at 15.

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

One of the things I find interesting (and a little puzzling) is how many OTs they’ve had in for private visits. Nate Davis, Andre Dillard, Tytus Howard, Kaleb McGary, and Dalton Risner. I think one of the reasonable takeaways is that they’re strongly considering OL at that 2nd round pick, which I would understand if they were looking for a guy to play OG right away. But none of Dillard, Howard, and McGary really makes sense as a guy to stick inside early on. 

Me too.  Even more baffling after we took Christian last year.  Unless we dump TWill or Moses not sure how an OT sees the field.  

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes.  We traded 4 picks for 1 pick.  Any other statement is false.

Correct. But people want to minimize the disaster so they lop off one of the picks we traded just because we got a pick back. 

I trade 4 houses to buy 1, doesn't mean I only traded 3.

I traded 4. I received 1. 

That's Logic 101

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Me too.  Even more baffling after we took Christian last year.  Unless we dump TWill or Moses not sure how an OT sees the field.  

And with TWill's injuries the last few years, we might be doing some insurance on him calling it a career.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I mean we spent a 3rd on Christian, shouldn't we already have that insurance in house?  

Yeah. But apparently since we were a M*A*S*H unit last year on the OL, they might want another body. Plus, I'm not that impressed with Christian.

Read some articles this evening that provides some insight. Also hearing Doug Williams speak makes me think they like two QBs in the first round of this draft, have no clue who but I'm thinking Haskins and Jones personally. Haskins with the Snyder ties and accuracy, and the early reports in the offseason on Jones. It definitely seemed we liked him alot at one time and he is in the Alex Smith/Cousins mold. I know Gruden talked about Lock at Owners meetings which would be a big  mistake if we really wanted him.

It also leads me to believe that if both are gone they will be looking to trade back. If this happens look for a trade with the Texans. There is a history between these two teams on draft day. Examples are a one spot trade so they could get Will Fuller, the trade so they could get JJ Watt when we took Kerrigan by trading back and I know there's another one but I cant exactly remember the trade.

They need an O lineman and are picking in the 20s. The biggest needs outside of qb for us are safety, wr, and edge rusher. Edge Rusher is kind of tough for us even at 15 to get the value we need. Burns most likely will be there but I can see that he can't play the run worth a lick and I know they have to see that too. That's to rich at 15, he may be there at 23 though also which would be a little better for value. A trade to move with them would likely not us a third round pick and lots of value there in my opinion. I think this would be a decent possibility to happen.

Redskins also met with Darnell Savage today two days before the draft. That is very interesting. They wouldn't take him at 15 but they would probably think hard about it at 23. Going to be an interesting few days here soon.

John Keim picked Devin Bush for us at 15 on the ESPN live mock. Haskins gone, Lock and Jones were on the board. That's a really great pick by Keim actually, impressed. You want to get better on defense, add more speed at the second level 

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38382/redskins-search-for-identity-could-lead-to-defense-not-a-qb-with-first-pick 

Keim has a good pulse to the team, and his article says the team could be looking for an OLB or MLB at 15.  He also quotes Gruden saying they were too predictable with their TE packages, so if Hockenson is there I think he has to be in play.  Either of these 3 are ideal scenarios imo.  This is a bad QB class we should stay away from it.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38382/redskins-search-for-identity-could-lead-to-defense-not-a-qb-with-first-pick 

Keim has a good pulse to the team, and his article says the team could be looking for an OLB or MLB at 15.  He also quotes Gruden saying they were too predictable with their TE packages, so if Hockenson is there I think he has to be in play.  Either of these 3 are ideal scenarios imo.  This is a bad QB class we should stay away from it.

I agree. I’m not there with this QB class; but I agree we need to maximize the value!!!!! I’m completely okay with a defender and more then likely WR or a savage type round two I’d be very okay with those!!! 2 highly talented defenders!! Or the value of the draft round two I like it!!

Archived