Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Constantly reading about how the Redskins don’t need to panic at QB anymore by the local guys is pissing me off. Am I the only one who realizes we have Case Keenum? He sucks. 

Maybe they realize the team isn't one player away from competing (even a QB) and need to be thinking long term strategy instead of filling immediate needs.  

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Constantly reading about how the Redskins don’t need to panic at QB anymore by the local guys is pissing me off. Am I the only one who realizes we have Case Keenum? He sucks. 

I think the point they’re trying to make is to not panic and trade a second and two first round picks again bc you’ve panicked that you don’t have a franchise QB yet.

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Maybe they realize the team isn't one player away from competing (even a QB) and need to be thinking long term strategy instead of filling immediate needs.  

Nah that’s not it either. The team is hardly ever bad enough to get a top QB prospect. And they also don’t have much of a plan. So realistically the only way this team is ever going to win is to random hit on an elite QB prospect. Yes it will be on accident but they have to at least try. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think the point they’re trying to make is to not panic and trade a second and two first round picks again bc you’ve panicked that you don’t have a franchise QB yet.

That I fully understand. I just mean if a QB prospect like Haskins or Lock is available at 15 then they should take one. 

27 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Maybe their smart enough not to trade too much for him. 

Maybe but their history under Bruce isn’t exactly sparkling. We did give up one of our best DBs and a third-round pick for a guy the Chiefs didn’t want. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe but their history under Bruce isn’t exactly sparkling. We did give up one of our best DBs and a third-round pick for a guy the Chiefs didn’t want. 

True but at this point I want to see what Rosen is traded for b4 I blame them for not giving up this or that to get him. Rosen worth if Murray is the Cardinals pick is nothing more than our 76# pick and a possible 2020 pick. Also they shouldn't be tryna trade up for a QB. So while trading for Smith was a mistake doing something similar wouldn't be too smart ethier. 

They're going QB in round 1, you can bank on it. The only question is when. They may move to 9 while giving up a third round pick if they get nervous which would not be the end of the world. There is an outside chance I believe that they could trade back in the first, but if they do I would bet my paycheck they take Will Grier in round 1 to have the 5th year option. Wouldn't be a bad move actually if they could get an extra 2nd round pick. Rounds 2 and 3 are where the real value is in this draft anyways.

On 4/21/2019 at 12:53 PM, turtle28 said:

I'd take a healthy in his prime Lavar Arrington and Antonio Pierce over almost every linebacker the Redskins have had in their history.

Are we talking pairs of LBs? Because you'd take those two over Monte Coleman/Wilber Marshall in their prime?

Or are we just talking about individual linebackers? Because Sam Huff and Chris Hanburger would like to have a word with you.

I'm sure the Bills are really glad they let Patrick Mahomes away because they thought they weren't 'one' player away. Haskins isn't gonna fall to us, that is wishful thinking. We'd have to trade up past the Dolphins to get him. I have no idea how well Haskins will turn out but he does have franchise QB potential whereas I'm not sure any of the other QBs in this draft does. I am sick of trading for other's team's trash (Rosen) and it makes me sad that half the fan base will eat it up if we do trade for him.

Archived