Stock Investing

rickyt31

4 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

When i inevitably sell my doge, will RH give it to me in USD?  Or do i have to go and convert it to different crypto’s before i can get USD?

They will unfortunately pay you in Zimbabwe dollars, which trade at an average of $100,000,000,000,000, which is the equivalent of 40 cents USD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

When i inevitably sell my doge, will RH give it to me in USD?  Or do i have to go and convert it to different crypto’s before i can get USD?

It will be USD, it’ll show up as buying power which you can let settle and withdraw or put in another stock

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

They will unfortunately pay you in Zimbabwe dollars, which trade at an average of $100,000,000,000,000, which is the equivalent of 40 cents USD

Jokes on you.  I just saved a Zimbabwean prince get out of jail for a crime he didn’t commit.  All the Zimbabwean jail needed to release him was $10,000 in the form of iTunes gift cards ( i guess they really like music over there?).

• Like 3

I am quite relieved I got out of GME with a profit. Yesterday I was watching the stock from noon to 4 almost nonstop just waiting for a good number to sell at an acceptable loss. Holding it overnight was a good idea, getting diamond hands when it was at $410 was another stupid idea after missing several windows already, but selling at $340 for a small profit is better than what I was expecting for it. 

Now let’s just hope it doesn’t hit $1k so I get chronic FOMO 

14 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I am quite relieved I got out of GME with a profit. Yesterday I was watching the stock from noon to 4 almost nonstop just waiting for a good number to sell at an acceptable loss. Holding it overnight was a good idea, getting diamond hands when it was at $410 was another stupid idea after missing several windows already, but selling at $340 for a small profit is better than what I was expecting for it. 

Now let’s just hope it doesn’t hit $1k so I get chronic FOMO 

Yeah it's way way easier to not look.  I was down a crazy amount yesterday and decided to just put my phone down and play some games.  Nothing wrong with ever taking a profit though.

I had every intention of selling most of my shares if it hit $500 yesterday but their shady tactics make me wanna hold even longer now.  Today seems to be going good so far.  Relatively low volume, most people appear to be holding.  

• Like 1

I just can’t get into this stuff, probably because I can’t access things in a timely fashion at work. You guys do you, but don’t mess up my other investments. My mutual funds are killing it and I’m almost back to the level they were when I made the down payment on my house despite everything that I weathered last year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just can’t get into this stuff, probably because I can’t access things in a timely fashion at work. You guys do you, but don’t mess up my other investments. My mutual funds are killing it and I’m almost back to the level they were when I made the down payment on my house despite everything that I weathered last year. 

This shouldn’t be an “investment” for anyone. This is gambling/speculating/thumbing your nose at wall street.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This shouldn’t be an “investment” for anyone. This is gambling/speculating/thumbing your nose at wall street.

Oh I know what it is, part of the reason why I don’t do day trading and also got out of card collecting again. 

I just don’t want to see the market go belly up again and cost me tens of thousands.

• Like 1