Stock Investing

rickyt31

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Hell yeah dude - good for you.

I'd start here: WSB is insane but reddit personalfinance is a goldmine of good advice. I haven't see a better one size fits all flowchart for how to manage your money:

lSoUQr2.png

For you, this isn't gonna be perfect. But hit us up with any specific questions you may have as you google some of these terms and we'll help you out for sure.

For my rothIRA and HSA, I use Fidelity. Since they are long term funds and I don't pay taxes on the growth, I have them at 100% mutual funds. They have a bunch of fund types that aim to mimic total sectors of the US market. I've recommend FZROX here before (https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/summary/31635T708), it's a totla US stock market index fund with no minimums or expense ratios. Otherwise, there are plenty of funds that will perform pretty much the same. 

Thanks for this, I’ll take a more in depth look later.  My employer does not match contributions, unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Same, this isn’t my thing typically at all.  I’m 100% index funds with the exception of my ESPP/401k/IRA.

The corrupt BS kinked a hair in my arse last night and I’m in just to watch stuff burn.  If I lose my entire “investment” it won’t impact me at all.

I wish everyone who could would buy a few shares just as a signal that we, the working class, are tired of being shat upon.

Yep.  That's all it is.  The concept that we are being vilified for not cooperating with essentially a cartel that explicitly attempts to exclude us, and divvies up short-selling opportunities with conscious parallelism to avoid antitrust implications, I want to watch it burn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Glad I held onto AMC. Gonna let it go in a couple of hours 

Yep this was the toughest test I’ve had in the couple months I’ve gotten into this stuff. When it tanked yesterday holding that was ballsy. Glad I’m still here. Albeit there’s gonna have to be a pretty substantial run for me to profit.

• Like 1