TRADE TARGETS

turtle28

Did I hear that us and the Eagles were interested in Cooper and the Eagles were going to give up a 2nd?  I thought I heard that it drove up the price on Cooper so the Cowboys gave up a 1st.

I’m not sure that we trade for a WR as long as Richardson’s knee isn’t that serious and Crowder will be back soon. Doctson looked better on Sunday. Him not having a few big catches for 5 receptions for 120 or so yards, instead of just 3 recs for 42 was not on him.

55 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I still think we end up making a move. Whether that be signing Dez or trading for Thomas. Something will happen. 

If we have a shot at post season I’m for adding peices. Usually by this time we are ready to discuss next year 

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Did I hear that us and the Eagles were interested in Cooper and the Eagles were going to give up a 2nd?  I thought I heard that it drove up the price on Cooper so the Cowboys gave up a 1st.

I’m not sure that we trade for a WR as long as Richardson’s knee isn’t that serious and Crowder will be back soon. Doctson looked better on Sunday. Him not having a few big catches for 5 receptions for 120 or so yards, instead of just 3 recs for 42 was not on him.

Raiders shot that rumor down. Philthy never offered a 2nd 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Raiders apparently just let the Cowboys bid against themselves. Like a Dan Snyder FA signing a decade ago. 

What about Sanu, Booker(Bronco's)  and I love Fowler but would rather wait until the off season. I like Thomas also. The chargers have some WR's of interest also.

I know this thread concentrates on who will we trade for before the deadline.  Question for everybody here. Instead of trading for a player who could we trade from our current roster. 

I think we need CB P. Peterson more than any WR.

Were a run 1st team. Our QB plays smart~usually~ & conservative. What good is gonna do to have a WR who wont get many targets anyways.

But we COULD make our Defense elite.

With Mereau injured, why not have Norman & Peterson as your CB's. With D-block all up in QB's faces.

Also be a good counter move on Dallas trading for Amari Cooper. Remember, we still get them on Thanksgiving.

I would offer them a 2nd rd pick for him. He's that good.

Be nice to get him for less, though.

I’ll say it again, I don’t see any trades. I would’ve traded PSmith for Mack and given them a 1st and a conditonal1st but trading a 1st for Cooper or DThomas is an overpay.

We need to continue to do what we’ve done since 2014, mostly build through the draft and maybe sign 1 or 2 FAs in the offseason as well as our own 2015 draft class free agents. Only sign FAs to bolster depth where we are week or get 1 or 2 starters  to bolster our weak areas. Keep AD and use him and Guice together as Guice will probably take a while to get in a groove after the torn ACL. Peterson will continue to be the featured back for most of next year if not all of it while Guice gets right. 

Hopefully, Guice looks good coming back and the second half of the year in 2019 he takes more and more of the workload from AD and they switch roles from the beginning of next season. Then, in 2020, Guice is the undisputed starter and workhorse of our offense.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ll say it again, I don’t see any trades. I would’ve traded PSmith for Mack and given them a 1st and a conditonal1st but trading a 1st for Cooper or DThomas is an overpay.

We need to continue to do what we’ve done since 2014, mostly build through the draft and maybe sign 1 or 2 FAs in the offseason as well as our own 2015 draft class free agents. Only sign FAs to bolster depth where we are week or get 1 or 2 starters  to bolster our weak areas. Keep AD and use him and Guice together as Guice will probably take a while to get in a groove after the torn ACL. Peterson will continue to be the featured back for most of next year if not all of it while Guice gets right. 

Hopefully, Guice looks good coming back and the second half of the year in 2019 he takes more and more of the workload from AD and they switch roles from the beginning of next season. Then, in 2020, Guice is the undisputed starter and workhorse of our offense.

Hello turtle28. We may sit back and do nothing. I would disagree with this decision if we make no move. We should at least explore some MID to low level trade. We certainly have the ammo to acquire player of this level. We have what 11 to 12 draft picks in next yrs draft. If a player of this level is available  and fills a need we should be knocking on the door. If there is no player made available then yes lets just sit tight.

As I asked earlier on the flip side we could also trade one of our players also for additional picks. We have options.

I got the car flags blowing in the wind down here in big D.

Cooper would have been a great pickup, but not for a 1st. They’re getting 1.5 seasons of him for that draft pick, and next year is at a salary of $13M+. Can’t imagine they will want to keep him at that salary point and then let him hit FA (or franchise him for an amount based on that salary), so they basically traded a 1st round pick for the right to sign him to a lengthy, pricey deal on his terms. No thanks.

All these WRs being mentioned after Cooper (like Dez and Demaryius in particular) remain the sort that we don’t need with our QB. I know I beat this drum relentlessly, but this team would be better with a WR corps made of guys like Crowder than of guys like Doctson. The run blocking we get from those big guys is great, but we are sacrificing our QBs strengths and playing right to his weaknesses by running out this group of plodding, big-bodied, jump ball receivers. 

It’s the YAC and short-area quickness that we need. I still think Garcon is a possibility. Loved the suggestion of Sanu if the Falcons are looking to deal. Maybe Jermaine Kearse? In higher price ranges, guys like Emmanuel Sanders or Doug Baldwin or Golden Tate or TY Hilton could be great fits. 

Teams are moving away from the prototypical “big” receiver. That’s why Dez is still out there. Why Demaryius is on the market. Why FA acquisitions Taylor Gabriel and Trey Burton both have more production with the Bears than the “big” FA signing Allen Robinson. With the new rules, size and physicality is becoming secondary to the ability to get open quickly and turn the ball upfield for extra yards. Using the passing game as a higher-upside version of the running game. That’s especially true for us with our QB. We need to play to that, not try to fight it. 

Archived