Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

Been a good past few days as a Browns fan. Got an upgrade at DE, Steelers lose their elite WR while getting poor value in return (and also paying $20M+ this year for him), Baltimore looks like they'll be losing Suggs, and Cincinnati resigned a bad OT.

:D

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Foles, like Smith and Fisher, is a name given to denote occupation. In this case, it refers to a breeding stallion.

I think you mean "foal", a newborn horse.

Not: 

fole (plural foles)

1. A fool, idiot, or moron; somebody who is stupid or unthinking.
  2. An entertainer or joker; somebody who is employed to provide amusement.
  3. (rare) Someone who is incapacitated or shocked; someone whose idiocy is temporary.
  4. (rare) A victim of a scam or trick; someone who is fooled.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fole

42 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I think you mean "foal", a newborn horse.

Not: 

fole (plural foles)

1. A fool, idiot, or moron; somebody who is stupid or unthinking.
  2. An entertainer or joker; somebody who is employed to provide amusement.
  3. (rare) Someone who is incapacitated or shocked; someone whose idiocy is temporary.
  4. (rare) A victim of a scam or trick; someone who is fooled.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fole

So you're saying Foles got underpaid by that new contract with Jacksonville. 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

this is why smart front offices don’t have issues with the salary cap. Damn the Bears were smart with that!!!

This is why I am not scared to go trade for a guy like OBJ

Considering the cost, I am. With the dead money the Giants would be taking on, we would have to give up multiple ones plus taking on his salary. One first might be different but the cost to bring him in is huge. 

20 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Considering the cost, I am. With the dead money the Giants would be taking on, we would have to give up multiple ones plus taking on his salary. One first might be different but the cost to bring him in is huge. 

It’s not going to take multiple 1st. Cooper who had a more favorable contract only fetched one 1st and Brown only fetched a 3rd and a 5th. 

It might take multiple picks but it wouldnt be multiple 1st IMO. I would rather make the trade for him in the spring and after the draft so the giants don’t get 17th overall. Giants aren’t competing for anything next season. So if they want to eat his money, next year would be the best time to do it. Better than get forced into something next offseason 

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s not going to take multiple 1st. Cooper who had a more favorable contract only fetched one 1st and Brown only fetched a 3rd and a 5th. 

It might take multiple picks but it wouldnt be multiple 1st IMO. I would rather make the trade for him in the spring and after the draft so the giants don’t get 17th overall. Giants aren’t competing for anything next season. So if they want to eat his money, next year would be the best time to do it. Better than get forced into something next offseason 

Straight from Giants insiders who have talked about what it would take. The Giants just resigned him last off-season and would have to eat a bunch of dead money now to trade him. He’s have to become a real cancer to change the value there. Totally different situation than 30 year old malcontent AB who killed his value and Amari Cooper. Odell is way better than Cooper and the dead money for Oakland to trade him wasn’t remotely as high as Beckham’s would be. If the cost was only one mid round 1st, a guy like Beckham would have had a home yesterday. 

Archived