Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t need to move on “yet” but we do need real competition next year for the job.

I agree , I think it’s time we bring some competition in as well.. Next year Marcus is our guy 100 percent but I bet they old off on the long term deal until we see if he can stay healthy next year .. Because right now Marcus misses or leaves early from games 20 percent of the time so far in his 4 year career.. (and that is an accurate and truthful percentage )

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t need to move on “yet” but we do need real competition next year for the job.

I agree. Real competition would be great but not sure how that would look. Gabbert is under contract for cheap next year and has done a decent job, although obviously not real competition. 

Mariota really needs to work on physically developing his body. He lost some weight this year to help himself be a bit quicker, but that is definitely not his future in the NFL. He needs to add at least 10 quality pounds to help him better absorb hits and being taken to the ground. 

It's more likely that the QB depth chart is the same next year as it is this year. Maybe some later round rookie on the practice squad. Gabbert was signed to a two year deal this past off-season.

Not that it's hard to cut Gabbert or anything, but he's done mostly what you'd hope for out of a backup in just not screwing up the Houston game and giving us a couple decent drives vs the Skins.

Finding someone who is noticeably better than Gabbert who will still be ok with knowing they're gonna be the #2 QB isn't exactly going to be easy to find. A guy like Bridgewater is going to go somewhere where he has a shot to start. Mariota is going to be our starting QB next year, that's not even a question at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FutureIsWhite said:

At what point do we move on? I mean these injuries to Marcus are starting to really become a joke at this point ... Guy is so unreliable it’s comical... 

He definitely gets next year. Even with as inconsistent and injury prone as he is, he’s still earned the opportunity to see what he can do in the 2nd season of a more stable regime with (what better be) an improved, healthier receiving corps. 

Beyond that, I truly have no idea. Depends on whether or not they choose to go ahead and lock him up this offseason. He certainly hasn’t earned a long term deal (IMO), but he’s gonna be getting paid next season regardless. 

Gabbert will be back. If Robinson can keep Cassel with the job he did, then Gabbert will be here. 

So that will be the off-season gripe here. It's like we have one every year. Lol 

WR. Amano, Velasco, Fisher. Lol don't matter. Always a move everyone feels is the right move to make and front office goes opposite. And honestly they've been right more than wrong. But not by a wide margin lol. 

So..  Gabbert is coming back. 

Yeah, I think the qb depth chart stays the same. Gabbert is one of the better  backup QBs in the league... But not a real threat to challenge Mariota. 

This Flacco garbage talk is funny... Although I don't think some of you are joking when you mention. O.o

He's not an upgrade to Mariota. Plain and simple. He might do a thing or two better, but he's not an upgrade... Not for this team. This is Mariotas team. 

As for Teddy, he's definitely not an upgrade from Mariota... Heck, I'm not sure he's a clear upgrade over Gabbert. This guy was the most protected qb with one of the weakest arms 3 years ago... And he's thrown no passes in 2 years. Come on. 

I will say though... That there is a qb out there that could be had for relatively cheap that I would be comfortable with if Mariota had to miss a game... I know it'll never happen... And its ridiculous, but Kaep would easily be the best #2 option for this team next year (would have been the year as well). If signed to a 2 year contract, he'd give us a contingency if Mariota doesnt turn the corner (I fully expect him to turn) next year. 

• Like 1

So went back and read the GDT. 
It's what i thought. 
Two sacks equaled "Damn Marcus...throw it away."
Got hurt equaled "Marucs YOU SUCK. Sissy, made of glass."

To me, that is a shame. Every throw was picked apart.  He scrambled to made a good pass....silence.
Scrambled to make a pass, he was lucky he got out of that because it was almost a sack.
WTF? lol now we are pissing on him because he made a play?

He was playing well. And the vibe here was not anywhere close to what was at the stadium. 

"He needs to push it down field!"  One sack was a half field read that was covered and he was trying to see if his WRs broke open. Felt pressure tried to move and got sacked.
Then in the same breath said he should have checked that down. lol Sounding like Witten.

I'm all for fair criticism, but like one poster said...Stop trying to cover you hate with criticism.  Just say you hate the way he plays and move on. Save us all the time. 
It was literally every incomplete or the two sacks, turned into a roast fest of Marcus. 
The next game we see Rivers try to make plays, get sacked and it's all love for him or any QB for that matter. 
It's not fair or balanced. It's very one sided. 

Get pissed when people say "its not just Marcus' fault."  But in the same thread talk about how the defense is being run over or this or that. I guess that's his fault too? 
I legit think some were mad that we won, just because some of their rants look a little foolish.  I understand the nature of a GDT. But the instant declarations of garbage, bum, trash players is always beyond me. 

Player not just Marcus, makes one mistake or missed play and cut him. Football is an 60 minute game. 

When the season ends and/if we find out Marcus has been playing with an injury do you take it back? I doubt it. About now, some of you have an "anyone but Marcus" mind.

Alright...continue on...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's what i thought. 

To me, that is a shame. Every throw was picked apart.  He scrambled to made a good pass....silence.
Scrambled to make a pass, he was lucky he got out of that because it was almost a sack.

He was playing well. And the vibe here was not anywhere close to what was at the stadium. 

"He needs to push it down field!"  One sack was a half field read that was covered and he was trying to see if his WRs broke open. Felt pressure tried to move and got sacked.
Then in the same breath said he should have checked that down. lol Sounding like Witten.

I'm all for fair criticism, but like one poster said...Stop trying to cover you hate with criticism.  Just say you hate the way he plays and move on. Save us all the time. 
It was literally every incomplete or the two sacks, turned into a roast fest of Marcus. 
The next game we see Rivers try to make plays, get sacked and it's all love for him or any QB for that matter. 

Get pissed when people say "its not just Marcus' fault."  But in the same thread talk about how the defense is being run over or this or that. I guess that's his fault too? 
I legit think some were mad that we won, just because some of their rants look a little foolish.  I understand the nature of a GDT. But the instant declarations of garbage, bum, trash players is always beyond me. 

Player not just Marcus, makes one mistake or missed play and cut him. Football is an 60 minute game. 

When the season ends and/if we find out Marcus has been playing with an injury do you take it back? I doubt it. About now, some of you have an "anyone but Marcus" mind.

Alright...continue on...

Man, can I cosign this?

The feeling was the same at the fan club. He was playing good... Making plays when things weren't there. 

I don't know if the 'Skins defense wore out in the 2nd half, but they weren't getting the same pressure after the half. We joked that Mariota must have pissed off the OL somehow, only explanation for them blocking better in the 2nd half. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's what i thought. 

Alright...continue on...

I’ve been on the defense all year as well. I think they’re stats are fools gold and their just a good defense. Definitely good enough to win with but not a championship level defense(if that makes sense).  Not consistent enough of a pass-rush. As far as Marcus, we’ve been over this numerous times. I don’t give a damn if it comes out there’s an injury. We already know he’s been playing with a nerve issue or whatever but that’s the issue. He’s hurt every year.  I don’t think anyone hates him so that’s stupid to talk about it. Hate how he plays? Well obviously considering he plays for our favorite team and he’s about as inconsistent a QB you can find. I’ll trash anyone who sucks. Period. Kline is garbage or should we not say that because it’s too hurtful? Maybe I should rephrase it... Kline isn’t playing up to the standards of a good NFL lineman. Better or still hurtful? Every play gets talked about whether it be Marcus’s fault, OL, stupid playcall, etc. Even when the defense gives up a big play or can’t get off the field or 3rd down, there’s negative talk. That’s how it’s always been and it’s like that with every fan base even the spoiled ones whose teams win every year. A lot of fans want perfection and obviously that’s not possible. Hell, we could win 50-0 and there would still be an issue even if it’s just minor. No one is pissed that we won. Another dumb statement.  Wins are what fans want. Sure we might ***** about how we won but that goes back to fans wanting perfection. Every team and fan base(for their team) should thrive for perfection. The ultimate goal in any sport is the win every game you play. Is that possible? Obviously not and fans know that.  Either way it doesn’t matter because nothing will change so it’s pointless to rant. So with that, Merry Christmas to everyone.

Calling the defense's statistics fools gold when they've been hurt more by their offense and special teams as much as if not more than every other team in the NFL is pretty hilarious.

Team held the Chargers to 20(7 of which came because our 3rd string strong safety forgot he had to cover Mike Williams), Patriots to 10, Houston to 17 in the week Dean Pees didn't miss a good portion of it, held a Dallas team that's a pretty solid offense at home to just 14, etc. Their two worst games this year @Colts and @Texans came where Pees missed the first of those games and missed practice/prep time for the 2nd.

It's not an elite defense, but it's on the tier just below elite. I don't think there's anything fools gold about it.

Pees has had success against Luck in his career. It's a shame we're gonna be without Casey and Ryan against him.