Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

Cian Fahey gets a lot of hate for his QB rankings. But there are three QBs he’s been consistently and significantly higher on than everyone else over the last three years. Lamar, Dak and Marcus. Lamar and Dak are now in modern NFL offenses and unsurprisingly are producing. Yet here we are, again, still stuck in 1999.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Corey Davis is a legitimate #1 who can regularly put up 1200/10. Only the Titans could make him look like a draft bust with their offense.

Big, physical receiver that should be isolated on the outside where he can win 1-on-1 matchups, better play him five yards away from the ball and have him run everything through a ton of traffic.

1 minute ago, SARGO127 said:

This is the third different coaching staff that does done the same things...

This is what the problem is.  

We haven't changed since Fisher. 
If you click on a highlight from 1999 and put one on now, only thing that has changed are the names on the back. 

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This is what the problem is.  

We haven't changed since Fisher. 
If you click on a highlight from 1999 and put one on now, only thing that has changed are the names on the back. 

To be honest dinger could coordinate he knew how to use VY & Cj understood how to get players in space. I’ve lost all hope in Arthur though I must admit he sounded like he had a brain. 

56 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

To be honest dinger could coordinate he knew how to use VY & Cj understood how to get players in space. I’ve lost all hope in Arthur though I must admit he sounded like he had a brain. 

That one magical year where we had a top 5 scoring offense. 2003.

You know wanna know how engrained mediocre offense is into the fabric of our team?

In 30 years of Oilers/Titans (1989) we only had a top 5 scoring offense 4 times.

It's been 16 years since we had a top 5 scoring offense. I have two sons and they know NOTHING but below average to average offense.

Dinger is like all things Eddie/Steve. They look a whole lot better the further time passes. He was an average/good OC. Gave us our best offensive season in Titans history, but in reality it was an anomaly, blimp in history. It was more dumb luck than a standard. 

It might be time to move on from Marcus, but this franchise won't move forward, no matter how much they say they want too. 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That one magical year where we had a top 5 scoring offense. 2003.

You know wanna know how engrained mediocre offense is into the fabric of our team?

In 30 years of Oilers/Titans (1989) we only had a top 5 scoring offense 4 times.

It's been 16 years since we had a top 5 scoring offense. I have two sons and they know NOTHING but below average to average offense.

Dinger is like all things Eddie/Steve. They look a whole lot better the further time passes. He was an average/good OC. Gave us our best offensive season in Titans history, but in reality it was an anomaly, blimp in history. It was more dumb luck than a standard. 

It might be time to move on from Marcus, but this franchise won't move forward, no matter how much they say they want too. 

this is exactly what I've been saying. Our QB is far from our biggest problem. It's the fact that this franchise still thinks it's 1999.

Amy Adams Strunk is a PROBLEM. It trickles down from her.

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

this is exactly what I've been saying. Our QB is far from our biggest problem. It's the fact that this franchise still thinks it's 1999.

Amy Adams Strunk is a PROBLEM. It trickles down from her.

well i don't think she is the problem Although she could have avoided some of this by not hiring Murlakey. She has upgraded everything except the football playing on the field.

Our uniforms look like we should average about 38 points a game.

However we should just be wearing something like this and run the wishbone.

Related image

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Pretty much what we’ve been saying. We’re putting our quarterback in a position to fail and then getting mad when he fails.

I just don’t understand the bunch looks. I didn’t understand them against an average defense in Indy, I sure as hell don’t understand them against a talented defense like the Jags.

One thing we haven’t talked much about that’s touched on here is just how much harder the formations make it on Mariota/the line pre-play. Every player on the defense is a potential blitzer and they don’t even have to show it before the snap because they can blitz from wherever they’re naturally lined up against these formations.

You watch our defense and you can usually tell when we’re sending Jayon up the middle or Logan on a nickel blitz just based on alignment and movement pre snap. It was impossible to know where the fifth or sixth rusher the Jags were sending was going to come from because we’ve actively put all of their players in a blitzing position.

• Like 2