Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Question. 

What makes Deahaun Watson good to those who think he is elite?

He isn’t elite yet but he’s damn good. Right now he’s a 2 read QB, he’s fearless, accurate, not afraid of the big stage. What makes him good is the intangibles, he has what you can’t coach & he's a baller 

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He isn’t elite yet but he’s damn good. Right now he’s a 2 read QB, he’s fearless, accurate, not afraid of the big stage. What makes him good is the intangibles, he has what you can’t coach & he's a baller 

yeah, i don’t think there are a lot of people who would consider him elite right now but he’s right in that top 10, top 12 range. good arm, fearless thrower, incredible at keeping plays alive and scrambling, good downfield accuracy. needs to get better at reads and progressions but certainly no worse than mariota at it, probably better.

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, i don’t think there are a lot of people who would consider him elite right now but he’s right in that top 10, top 12 range. good arm, fearless thrower, incredible at keeping plays alive and scrambling, good downfield accuracy. needs to get better at reads and progressions but certainly no worse than mariota at it, probably better.

It’s not probably he’s better than Mariota not even close. If you really wants my opinion Watson skillset reminds me so much of Steve McNair, talking when he became a passer, same body type, both were fearless throwers could maneuver in the pocket. Mariota on his best day is Alex smith on his worse Vince young. Watson best day steve McNair worse day Michael Vick 

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Question. 

What makes Deahaun Watson good to those who think he is elite?

This doesn’t necessarily make him good but I love his confidence to trust Hopkins for instance to make big catches.

He will consistently give Hopkins 50/50 balls that Hopkins comes down with more than not

I just wish Mariota had the same confidence in Davis 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s not probably he’s better than Mariota not even close. If you really wants my opinion Watson skillset reminds me so much of Steve McNair, talking when he became a passer, same body type, both were fearless throwers could maneuver in the pocket. Mariota on his best day is Alex smith on his worse Vince young. Watson best day steve McNair worse day Michael Vick 

i was just talking cycling through progressions. overall watson is obviously way better of a player

• Like 1

I ask about thoughts on Watson because I do see some similar things with him and Marcus. Obviously Watson has a stronger arm, more elusive, and better WR. 

But I think our biggest knock right now on Marcus is also Watson's weakness too. I don't think Watson reads defenses. I think he is a one read guy. I think he holds the ball more than Marcus. 

Watson is a more spectacular player with bigger highs. And I'd say has the arm and WR  to overcome his faults. 

I do think our biggest gripe with Marcus right now, the holding of the ball, can be corrected. He is trying to make a bigger play to his own fault. 

Not excusing anything but I do think he can get back to being a very above average player. Or a player majority of us would be ok with most the time if he combines his care of the ball with getting it into the playmakers hands via quicker release. 

And calculated shots. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I ask about thoughts on Watson because I do see some similar things with him and Marcus. Obviously Watson has a stronger arm, more elusive, and better WR. 

But I think our biggest knock right now on Marcus is also Watson's weakness too. I don't think Watson reads defenses. I think he is a one read guy. I think he holds the ball more than Marcus. 

Watson is a more spectacular player with bigger highs. And I'd say has the arm and WR  to overcome his faults. 

I do think our biggest gripe with Marcus right now, the holding of the ball, can be corrected. He is trying to make a bigger play to his own fault. 

Not excusing anything but I do think he can get back to being a very above average player. Or a player majority of us would be ok with most the time if he combines his care of the ball with getting it into the playmakers hands via quicker release. 

And calculated shots. 

Watson isn’t a 1 read guy he’s a a half a field read he can go through 2-3 reads, mariota for some reason has dyslexia at the moment 😩

52 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I disagree about Watson. From my view point. It's Hopkins/1st read and then scramble.

Hopkins normally his 1st read but he looks for his weapons. Even when he had Fuller he carved our defense up, with Hopkins & Fuller. The game he Denarious Thomas he also was spreading it around, I watch the kid a lot he’s a half the field read guy  

13 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Hopkins normally his 1st read but he looks for his weapons. Even when he had Fuller he carved our defense up, with Hopkins & Fuller. The game he Denarious Thomas he also was spreading it around, I watch the kid a lot he’s a half the field read guy  

Eh. I still disagree. I think when he hits Fuller that's the play or first read.  

Not saying he never reads. And we seen Marcus make reads too. But I think Watson is mainly a one read guy also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Eh. I still disagree. I think when he hits Fuller that's the play or first read.  

Not saying he never reads. And we seen Marcus make reads too. But I think Watson is mainly a one read guy also. 

I mean, ideally your QB rarely has to make reads and the No. 1 on the play is open.  Seeing one read all the time (if the ball isn't being forced into too tight windows and way too much coverage) probably just indicates that his hot read got open.  Which I imagine happens a lot when it's one of the best receivers in the league.