Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I worked, so we won't complain about it... but you're right.  What other team trots out two non offensive players as 2 of the top 3 options on a goal line play?  Maybe an extra OL... but two guys?  Lol... But I mean, that's Vrabel, right?

I mean the Patriots did it with Vrabel in super bowls.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah, I'd take Stafford over Mariota in a heartbeat. People like to blame the rest of the team for Mariota, imagine if he was on the disfunctional Lions.

He doesn't get the benefit of great defenses or top running games that have carried his team to victories. 

And that is the real issue I see. Yes, yesterday's loss is a result of a lot of things that went wrong that had nothing or little to do with him, but it's insane that we're still holding on to the idea that he's somehow a QB hindered by a coaching staff that is asking him to do less than he can do. It's also absolutely insane that we're comparing him to the likes of Stafford. He's talented enough to make some plays happen every now and then, that was at his best when he had or has a great running game and a good PA to go along with it, a solid OL and a defense that has gotten better and better throughout the years. We haven't asked him to do too much, because he hasn't really showed he can do too much. It's 2019 and year 5 for him, it's way past time of realizing that is the case. He had the potential to be a great starting quarterback, unfortunately for him and us he never put it together. I honestly wish he turns it all around in the remaining 14 games, because I actually like him, off the field he's every bit the franchise quarterback you could wish for and a very easy guy to root for, but I doubt it. Other people have grown with time, and have either learned to be great game managers, the types that can win you games every once in a while, like Alex Smith, or great regardless of surrounding circumstances, like Russell Wilson. He just hasn't.

• Like 2

Just saw that 4th and 2 throw again. I wasn't even really blaming Mariota that much, I thought it should have been caught, but I just saw a still picture and Brown is in the air, arms fully extended up, and the ball is still barely in his grasp on a 2 yard slant that Mariota bulleted in there.

Much more difficult catch than I initially thought.

Your QB has to make a better throw. He's that innacurate on a 3 yard pass and some people are trying to blame someone other than him? Inexcusable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Just saw that 4th and 2 throw again. I wasn't even really blaming Mariota that much, I thought it should have been caught, but I just saw a still picture and Brown is in the air, arms fully extended up, and the ball is still barely in his grasp on a 2 yard slant that Mariota bulleted in there.

Much more difficult catch than I initially thought.

Your QB has to make a better throw. He's that innacurate on a 3 yard pass and some people are trying to blame someone other than him? Inexcusable.

he's been missing high a ton this year. seems like more than before, but idk

There is literally no point to arguing with Hope. He does this after every game. We win, he's ecstatic, we lose, the sky is falling. Wash rinse repeat for probably the last 4 years.

Coaching lost us the game on Sunday, it was terrible. Mariota missed a couple passes, but in the end, the coaching was really terrible and not something I expected.

4 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

There is literally no point to arguing with Hope. He does this after every game. We win, he's ecstatic, we lose, the sky is falling. Wash rinse repeat for probably the last 4 years.

I'm sure no other poster is guilty of this.

Mariota hurt the team a lot, but he didn't singlehandedly lose the game.  A missed field goal, Mariota taking too many avoidable sacks, and bad play calling in the penultimate drive put us in a position to lose, and Mariota failed to lead a game winning drive.  That's what happened.

Is the blame solely on Mariota?  Of course not.  A lot of it is, but he's not the one thing holding this team back from winning a Super Bowl.

5 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Coaching lost us the game on Sunday, it was terrible. Mariota missed a couple passes, but in the end, the coaching was really terrible and not something I expected.

please. i’m pessimistic after we win too. whine about me, fine, but do it right!

5 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Coaching didn't help but if we even get below average QB play we win that game.

He was trash in the second half.

Here’s another play that kills me, alright this was a perfect play called by Arthur to beat cover 2, as you can see Delanie took 3 people with him, if Mariota goes through his progression & climb the pocket Davis is flat out open once he breaks in mid field, Marcus just has to put it in front of him. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Here’s another play that kills me, alright this was a perfect play called by Arthur to beat cover 2, as you can see Delanie took 3 people with him, if Mariota goes through his progression & climb the pocket Davis is flat out open once he breaks in mid field, Marcus just has to put it in front of him. 

This is right....and it is wrong.

I'm not going to fault him for going to his must trusted pass catcher since he has been here. We see it weekly with Watson forcing it to Hopkins. Saw it last night with Baker forcing it to OBJ and I saw Monday Ryan throw it into a clear double team in the endzone hoping his guy comes down with it.  This is an easy play to call negative when it doesn't work. Like a Steph Curry half court 3.
He  went for a kill shot. He pushed it down the field. Things people here constantly ask him to do.

It is wrong for all the reasons you said. 

Plus it looks very bad considering the situation, the circumstances surrounding Mariota and the fact that it was incomplete. 

We saw him make a pass like that once in Indy to Delaine and the reaction was "WOW he threw a dime and Walker went beast mode!"

I think this is nitpicky in a way and I personally won't dog him for this one. This is way more excusable than him holding the ball. His slow reads and progression is a more glaring problem to me. 

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This is right....and it is wrong.

I'm not going to fault him for going to his must trusted pass catcher since he has been here. We see it weekly with Watson forcing it to Hopkins. Saw it last night with Baker forcing it to OBJ and I saw Monday Ryan throw it into a clear double team in the endzone hoping his guy comes down with it.  This is an easy play to call negative when it doesn't work. Like a Steph Curry half court 3.
He  went for a kill shot. He pushed it down the field. Things people here constantly ask him to do.

It is wrong for all the reasons you said. 

Plus it looks very bad considering the situation, the circumstances surrounding Mariota and the fact that it was incomplete. 

We saw him make a pass like that once in Indy to Delaine and the reaction was "WOW he threw a dime and Walker went beast mode!"

I think this is nitpicky in a way and I personally won't dog him for this one. This is way more excusable than him holding the ball. His slow reads and progression is a more glaring problem to me. 

I’m not nick picking for one if Marcus throws a dime into triple coverage okay you praise him for a remarkable throw, but what I’m saying is the same thing you said at the end, he’s not going through his progression from the jump he had walker in mind from the snap, this play was made to beat cover 2 & the colts played into our hands. If it was single coverage walker 1 on 1 take the shot, but if Marcus goes through his progression Corey is open with room to score. Walker took 3 guys with him leaving the middle of the field open once Davis breaks in. That’s how you beat cover 2. 2 safeties deep middle LB plays deep 3rd, therefore all you have is the underneath open & it’s open. I’m not nick picking. 

28 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m not nick picking for one if Marcus throws a dime into triple coverage okay you praise him for a remarkable throw, but what I’m saying is the same thing you said at the end, he’s not going through his progression from the jump he had walker in mind from the snap, this play was made to beat cover 2 & the colts played into our hands. If it was single coverage walker 1 on 1 take the shot, but if Marcus goes through his progression Corey is open with room to score. Walker took 3 guys with him leaving the middle of the field open once Davis breaks in. That’s how you beat cover 2. 2 safeties deep middle LB plays deep 3rd, therefore all you have is the underneath open & it’s open. I’m not nick picking. 

To be clear, I wasn't saying you are nitipicking. I think the critique of that throw in particular is pretty much a wash. But forcing it to a player regardless of if he makes it or not is bad practice. I down Watson for doing it so I guess you can down Mariota for doing it too. 

A better consistent QB would go through the read especially when up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

To be clear, I wasn't saying you are nitipicking. I think the critique of that throw in particular is pretty much a wash. But forcing it to a player regardless of if he makes it or not is bad practice. I down Watson for doing it so I guess you can down Mariota for doing it too. 

A better consistent QB would go through the read especially when up. 

Right that’s only how you’re going to get better go through your progression trust the line hold up walker is option 1 bam he’s triple covered go to Corey he’s bout to break in whole field is open I’m put it in front of Corey give him a chance