Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

11 hours ago, showtime said:

I expect Green Bay to dial up a lot of blitzes and put some heavy pressure on Jared Goff.  It still remains to be seen if he can take an absolute beating and still stand tall in the pocket.  The Packers have the ability to shootout with the Rams just because their defense will give up yards and points. 

GB's offense has to control the ball in order to keep it away from Goff, Gurley & Co.....That means some sort of a running game, which basically is hit and miss....This and we need to control LA's defensive line....And all with a partially healthy Bulaga...

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

GB's offense has to control the ball in order to keep it away from Goff, Gurley & Co.....That means some sort of a running game, which basically doesn't exist....This and we need to control LA's defensive line....And all with a partially healthy Bulaga...

You don't have to run the football to control the clock in today's game.  You need first downs and Aaron Rodgers can deliver that through the air.  The Rams defense has shown that they will give up yards and points.

It’s been 28 years since the Packers played a game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
The Packers have 13 out of 53 players on the current roster who were even born by that date

....But Perry, Matthews, Rodgers, Ty Montgomery, M.Lewis, T Davis, Kevin King, Reggie Gilbert, Kenny Clark and others played there in college

Here's a pick from SB I  - looking into the sparsely filled end zone seats as the Packers added another Title to Titletown

dhxte2muaeh05tyjdn0w.jpg

From JSO:

ROOKIE SPOTLIGHT: The contribution of the rookie cornerbacks and wide receivers has been well-documented, but there is at least one other guy who could be heard from this season: Tyler Lancaster. After losing defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson to a broken leg, the Packers tried to add another defensive lineman to the roster. They looked at nose tackles because Kenny Clark is the only true nose they have. They went after Brian Price, but couldn’t get him to leave Cleveland’s practice squad. They worked out veteran Quinton Dial. They finally decided to bring 6-4, 313-pound undrafted rookie Lancaster up from the practice squad Oct. 6. Lancaster played three snaps against the 49ers, but with stopping running back Todd Gurley a priority this week, Lancaster is going to be needed to spell Clark. “He's strong at the point of attack,” defensive line coach Jerry Montgomery said. “He's also disruptive at times and will get off blocks. I envision him playing a little more.”

On 10/26/2018 at 9:23 PM, showtime said:

I expect Green Bay to dial up a lot of blitzes and put some heavy pressure on Jared Goff.  It still remains to be seen if he can take an absolute beating and still stand tall in the pocket.  The Packers have the ability to shootout with the Rams just because their defense will give up yards and points. 

It remains to be seen because teams haven't had much success pressuring him this year. Gurley is arguably the best pass blocker at the HB position. Our OL is outstanding. We are one of the few teams that can consistently block six with six. It's incredible how much Gurley does for us in that area. And, of course, when you start getting overaggressive, McVay dials up a screen that goes for big yardage. The Broncos defended our offense better than anyone else has this year, and they were able to do so because their coverage in the back-end was outstanding. That in conjunction with a good pass rush really made us work hard (of course, Gurley ran all over them).

Im excited about this game, the bye week is the time to institute changes or tweeks to your scheme that then will give you the best chance to win going forward. This game should be a descent barometer of who this team really is. If we are able to win this game it could be the beginning of a good run to end the season.

I've come back more to the packers direction, but it's going to come down to McCarthy. Need to commit to Jones and try to keep the down and distance manageable. They can stay in this if they stay balanced. There is also a chance that Rodgers ditches the brace.

I have this feeling we are going to surprise a lot of people and put up a really good showing and it will be a close one.  I think we can put points up on them, the big question is our Defense and can we get some stops against that scheme?

Getting the ball out quick and establishing the run could be key here, if we can do both we can tire them out and maybe some bigger plays open up later in the game.  Protecting Rodgers will not be easy against that interior pressure. Linsley and the guards need to have solid games.

I think I would take the Rams to sneak a close one if I was a betting man, they are at home, unbeaten and should be confident.  I don't see us getting blown out.

Looking forward to this one ... seems like one of those games where we can kind of throw everything we have at the Rams.  I don't think anyone expects a win today, so in a way the pressure should be low.  Hopefully the Packers come in loose and are itching to pull the upset.  I actually like our chances today. 

3 minutes ago, Howler said:

The next two weeks, McCarthy may be playing for his job. Split 1 of the 2 and keep your job. Let's see what he does. Show me something.

I saw some tweets somewhere where it said Rodgers is 10 days away from a 'relax moment' or something.

Archived