Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

54 minutes ago, Kepler said:

That's correct, execution is vital in any system. However, I wonder at what point the system itself comes under scrutiny. If we take execution to be the main factor of a successful system than literally anyone can install any system, thereby rendering a system meaningless.

Is that the case? Honestly asking your opinion here.

Yes, it is.  I don't know if Mac's system has really changed all that much and it was successful in the past.   The main difference between a good team and a dominate one is which team makes the fewest mistakes.  I read somewhere online yesterday that the Rams have the fewest penalties called against them.  They aren't shooting themselves in the foot.  Yes, they have a lot of talent but they aren't making it more difficult for them to run their schemes by putting themselves in 3rd and long on offense.  We don't have the talent like a lot of the elite teams right now so we can't keep making life harder for ourselves.   To beat these kinds of teams we have to play a clean crisp game and force them to screw up.

40 minutes ago, Striker said:

The Packers, under MM, have done well after the bye.

They have also, more often than not, failed to deliver the upset when underdogs to this degree.

So...something has to give, right?

Weird that a 2 score underdog would lose more often than they win

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

Weird that a 2 score underdog would lose more often than they win

Well, obviously a TD or greater dog favorite will lose more often than not. It's just a war of two narratives.

Though I also don't think they've ever been this big of a dog coming out of a bye.

48 minutes ago, Striker said:

The Packers, under MM, have done well after the bye.

They have also, more often than not, failed to deliver the upset when underdogs to this degree.

So...something has to give, right?

Interestingly, in the ESPN article on the underdog subject, the Packers have won 2 of the 4 games where they were big underdogs like now.  I would guess that is a better record than expected.

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Interestingly, in the ESPN article on the underdog subject, the Packers have won 2 of the 4 games where they were big underdogs like now.  I would guess that is a better record than expected.

I would say that the expected record for four games where we are big underdogs is 0-4 lol 

5 hours ago, RamRod said:

McVay openly admitted to stealing this play from the Chiefs last year when Hunt scored on it against the Patriots 

https://youtu.be/5xpw6vFEVE0

Packers ran that play as well, Hundley threw the flat route to Cobb because Aaron Jones was "covered".  It gained 11 yards and a first down.

That play was "the" play of the 2017 offensive season until the Philly Special happened.

12 hours ago, Pugger said:

Yes, it is.  I don't know if Mac's system has really changed all that much and it was successful in the past.   The main difference between a good team and a dominate one is which team makes the fewest mistakes.  I read somewhere online yesterday that the Rams have the fewest penalties called against them.  They aren't shooting themselves in the foot.  Yes, they have a lot of talent but they aren't making it more difficult for them to run their schemes by putting themselves in 3rd and long on offense.  We don't have the talent like a lot of the elite teams right now so we can't keep making life harder for ourselves.   To beat these kinds of teams we have to play a clean crisp game and force them to screw up.

Yeah, I made a thread recently that we (Rams fans) might be taking for granted how disciplined our team is. We rarely commit the stupid procedural penalties anymore. Those were abundant under Fisher. *knocks on wood*

Enjoy it while you can.

as soon as the Rams have to pay Goff his real value it will be difficult to maintain.

Prime example being the Seahawks..

what is the difference between the Rams and the Seahawks of 3-5 years ago?

nothing, except that I actually like the Rams, always have. One of my favorites, right after the Browns and way after my Packers.

Archived