Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah I'm sure they took a look at the film this week and said "huh, looks like we've been losing at halftime these games...never even noticed that before!" ?

It's amazing to me how dumb some fans really think NFL staffs are. Sure they make mistakes and stuff but c'mon

21 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's amazing to me how dumb some fans really think NFL staffs are. Sure they make mistakes and stuff but c'mon

I dont find the comments in the PackersWire article all that difficult to understand. The team has been starting slowly - which in my mind at least - equates to not executing on the field and falling behind - which obviously has dictated the flow of things. What I did find illuminating was the down and distance details. The number of excessively long 3rd down situations. Thats tough to continually overcome and is a killer in the long run.

30 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

And you believe this?

You don't? Take off the green and gold glasses. The Vikings had no chance in that game, nor would any other North or East division team. Game Sunday, travel cross coast for game Thursday vs the NFL best team? Auto loss indeed. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You don't? Take off the green and gold glasses. The Vikings had no chance in that game, nor would any other North or East division team. Game Sunday, travel cross coast for game Thursday vs the NFL best team? Auto loss indeed. 

I'll agree with this.....and hope they have many more embedded into their schedule :)

On 10/21/2018 at 8:44 PM, FinneasGage said:

McCarthy called a fun play last week don't hate

I think that's kinda the crux of the issue. 

Whereas lots of OC's have "fun plays" that they occasionally call, historically these are a "seasoning" to the meat and potatoes scheme that you run.

McVay and Reid and others have taken the seasoning and made it into a better meal than anyone could have ever expected or predicted.  The "fun" plays are the foundation of the offense.

Those would be competent offenses with any qb or personnel because the scheme is so good.  They're exceptional offenses because the players in them are also very good.

Given the same amount of time in the system, Mahomes and Goff with their existing personnel running Mac's offense here in GB would look markedly worse than the existing GB offense running the Rams plays and system.  Swapping Rodgers in for either Mahomes or Goff with their personnel, and you would have an even better version of what we're seeing in LAR and KC, and in all likelihood, you'd have the best offense of all time.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Err, I don't believe in auto-losses lol. That's a weird rationale to have for losing by 7.

15 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Dayum, we’ll be down 0-14 in the first 6-7 minutes of the first quarter!  At this rate we’ll be down 0-35 in the first half, according to y’all’s projections.

Maybe we should just forfeit and call it a day...........

Archived