Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Cobb, Jiare, and Geronimo practicing today.

1. Trolling
2. Typo
3. You don't know it's Jaire

I just have to know for future reference. 

EDIT: Nevermind.  I swore it was trolling because you said CMII when quoting me in the Random Packer News thread and I thought you were trying to subtly and inconspicuously troll me, but you edited that one. 

51 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'm not sure I'd say that with Rodgers coming off two 425+ yard games and 33 pts. But they have not been consistent on playing two good half's. That is for sure.

Yeah, there is box score analysis and there's the eye test. That first half against the Vikings was balanced, crisp, creative, paced etc etc. Even the Buffalo game looked .... disjointed. I keep coming back to that word. Piling up stats in garbage time or during panic mode isn't gonna take you very far

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yeah, there is box score analysis and there's the eye test. That first half against the Vikings was balanced, crisp, creative, paced etc etc. Even the Buffalo game looked .... disjointed. I keep coming back to that word. Piling up stats in garbage time or during panic mode isn't gonna take you very far

Well, it has led to two wins (Chi and SF) and should likely be a 3rd if Crosby would have made FGs vs Detroit, so I wouldn't call it garbage time. Especially when it wasn't always in the 2nd half that the team played well offensively.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Nonsense.  There really isn't much difference between 80% of the teams in this league.  Most of the time the team that makes the fewest mistakes is the one who wins or loses.  Yes, we got jobbed against the Vikes.  Everyone but MN has bullied the Bills and the Bears couldn't stop a hobbled AR in the second half.   SF lost their QB for the year and we took advantage of it like others did to us last year.  This is what happens in all sports.  Often the better team doesn't win.  That's why you don't win games on paper.  We'll most likely lose to the Rams but ya never know.  If LA screws up enough and we don't we just might pull the upset.

Agreeed... also the bears got kind of fortunate AR went out. Kizer cost us 10 points (fumble in easy fg range and fumble TD). Their O is meh

26 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Well, it has led to two wins (Chi and SF) and should likely be a 3rd if Crosby would have made FGs vs Detroit, so I wouldn't call it garbage time. Especially when it wasn't always in the 2nd half that the team played well offensively.

Agreed, but it was panic mode, and that doesn't fly against good teams. 

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Agreed, but it was panic mode, and that doesn't fly against good teams. 

So CAR being down 17 to PHILLY in the forth - coming back and winning - doesnt fly?
I think they're kinda happy with the W - caused they earned it on the field - and the W certainly flies.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The Packers gave up 400+ yards and 4 TDs to Cousins (which makes it a bit odd that we were criticized for giving up 400 yards to Cousins). The outcome of that game was a tie. Stupid is claiming that I shouldn't call it a tie because a bad call happened. You tied them. We beat them. Those are the facts. It's also worth pointing out that while that RTP call was garbage, they only got the ball at their own 40 with 1:37 left. Yes, without that call, the Packers win. However, the Packers still allowed them to drive 60 yards, score a TD, and convert the game-tying two-point conversion. We all have to deal with bad calls. You could have still beaten them despite the call. You didn't. And FWIW, I was watching that game and complained about the stupidity of that RTP on Matthews. I'm glad they told the refs to chill with those stupid calls.

It would be optimistic to be confident that the Rams will slow down the Packers passing attack. That's exactly why I didn't make such a claim. Statistically, our pass defense is just as good as yours is. Ours is slightly more efficient. Yours gives up slightly less yards per game. Oddly enough, our defenses are just about equal in terms of total yards per game allowed (we're both top 10). Only difference between us right now is that our defense is giving up 6 less points per game.

I am guessing your offense hasn't been turning the ball over deep in their own territory like ours has.:(

What is the word in LA- Is Cooper Kupp going to be able to play and not be affected by the injury?

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am guessing your offense hasn't been turning the ball over deep in their own territory like ours has.:(

What is the word in LA- Is Cooper Kupp going to be able to play and not be affected by the injury?

Based on my expert medical opinion, Kupp will likely not play. What is that opinion based on? Basically nothing. It's a guess. ;)

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The Packers gave up 400+ yards and 4 TDs to Cousins (which makes it a bit odd that we were criticized for giving up 400 yards to Cousins). The outcome of that game was a tie. Stupid is claiming that I shouldn't call it a tie because a bad call happened. You tied them. We beat them. Those are the facts. It's also worth pointing out that while that RTP call was garbage, they only got the ball at their own 40 with 1:37 left. Yes, without that call, the Packers win. However, the Packers still allowed them to drive 60 yards, score a TD, and convert the game-tying two-point conversion. We all have to deal with bad calls. You could have still beaten them despite the call. You didn't. And FWIW, I was watching that game and complained about the stupidity of that RTP on Matthews. I'm glad they told the refs to chill with those stupid calls.

It would be optimistic to be confident that the Rams will slow down the Packers passing attack. That's exactly why I didn't make such a claim. Statistically, our pass defense is just as good as yours is. Ours is slightly more efficient. Yours gives up slightly less yards per game. Oddly enough, our defenses are just about equal in terms of total yards per game allowed (we're both top 10). Only difference between us right now is that our defense is giving up 6 less points per game.

Jrry32, 

Don't get me wrong. The Rams are a fantastic team, would love to be in your position as a fan--young exciting team. Meant no offense.  There is a reason you're favored by 8.5+ points. 

I'm of the mindset  this year could not have gone worse for us in terms of bounces, 50/50 calls and the like. Only thing that could top it is Rodgers going down week one like he almost did.  I do think the point spread would be a lot less if the Packers were 4-2 and not 3-2-1. That call on Mathews is CAREER altering. What if we are left out of the playoffs because of that? Bye bye Coach McCarthy. 

The Rams benefit greatly from the their division being one of the weakest in the league, if not the weakest. You have 5 cake games with one being somewhat difficult at the immensely overrated Seahawks. The North division has 4 playoff caliber teams in it.

No excuses though, we haven't played well and the Rodgers injury hurt us in a few games. With all that being said, if I were the Rams I look at your next 7 games and go , "uhoh".

Again, I'm a homer and more than likely delusional. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

So CAR being down 17 to PHILLY in the forth - coming back and winning - doesnt fly?
I think they're kinda happy with the W - caused they earned it on the field - and the W certainly flies.

I'm not discounting any win. Don't know why all the sudden that's a thing. Big picture thinking is what I was alluding to

The Packers have played 6 games. 5 of the 6 have been against defenses ranked 15 or higher.  The Rams have played 7 games.  5 of the 7 have been against defenses ranked 16 or lower.  Both teams have given up 30+ points twice.  Both defenses are giving up around 328 yards/game.    I think this game could be more even than people are willing to admit.  If Aaron Rodgers is able to play without the brace and pain he is capable of shredding that LA secondary.  He hasn't been healthy since the 1st half of the 1st game.  

Archived