Week 7: Dallas Week GDT!

Ghostnote

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Come one man. We had a good D and we could run the ball. Our turnover ratio was exactly +1. So, no...we didn't win it by a lot.

And had "I need contact lenses" Carlos Rogers held onto a pick 6 we probably win the playoff game in Seattle. But that goes back to the above turnover ratio.

For the season, I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. Plus 5 for the season helps lead to a 4-2 record. Last year at this time we were about equal

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - the missed FG was kicked to the EZ where my seats were (about 14 rows up right behind the right upright). I was surrounded by Cowgirls fans who were celebrating what they thought was a good kick. Only to miss (in their celebration) that it turned left in a split second and doinked off the upright. 

Some salty people right there.

Thank god for the snap infraction. If that was a 47-yd FG & not 52-yd FG it’s good! We are due for some good luck though. It’s been since before RG3 got hurt in 2012 since we had any good luck. We are due!

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

For the season, I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. Plus 5 for the season helps lead to a 4-2 record. Last year at this time we were about equal

Ok. +5 isn't that much, though if we end up that way. But its pretty good for 6 games. 

And btw, apologies on my part, I read that you were referring to our turnover ratio in 2005 (which was only +1)

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

So as another poster said, it kinda seems like he doesn't want to eat crow. We've all had to do it here. It doesn't taste good (but I like mine with a lot of Sriracha to help with the taste). But again, I go back to this...

... follow the rules, and everything is good. Neither I nor Woz have to like what you post as a fan. And we may argue with you on your points. 

But as long as you follow the rules, I'm okay with it as a moderator.

Being wrong about sports opinions on a forum is as.. not an issue as it could ever get, lol. That's a ridiculous "seems like" if ever seen before.

I'm wrong plenty... very open and self-deprecating about it. Beyond that, if I'm wrong about anything regarding Smith so far.. it's that he's not playing to a level I know he is capable of. Neither is the OL, and that, imho, has plenty to do with his shortcomings thus far. Add in a sprinkle of meh at WR, and it's not a situation that a QB like Smith can easily overcome. All the same, 4-2 and on top of the division gives me plenty of optimism that things can get better, so to this point, life is good. 

What I like to avoid is what turtle has to fight through each day... and it was clear as crystal that he would have to do just that from day 1. Differing opinions are not the problem. I typically avoid any forums when the moderators get too sharp on a particular aspect that is near and dear. I doubt I need to elaborate on this.

I'm not saying you or anyone in particular is awful, incompetent,  or completely one-sided to the point of ruin. What I am saying is.. I have been witness to what can happen when moderators of a forum do take a sharp side from day 1 against a player I respect.. and I want no part of any potential reenactments. It's just not worth it to me.. and I was clear about this in one of my first posts in this subforum. I know I know... mods are fans and posters too, and have every right to yaddayaddayada... and you do. Just as I have every right to try and avoid potential problems for me that I don't want to deal with. 

So, HTTR, and I will continue to watch each game and pull for the team. 

I have no problem  

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Being wrong about sports opinions on a forum is as.. not an issue as it could ever get, lol. That's a ridiculous "seems like" if ever seen before.

I'm wrong plenty... very open and self-deprecating about it. Beyond that, if I'm wrong about anything regarding Smith so far.. it's that he's not playing to a level I know he is capable of. Neither is the OL, and that, imho, has plenty to do with his shortcomings thus far. Add in a sprinkle of meh at WR, and it's not a situation that a QB like Smith can easily overcome. All the same, 4-2 and on top of the division gives me plenty of optimism that things can get better, so to this point, life is good. 

What I like to avoid is what turtle has to fight through each day... and it was clear as crystal that he would have to do just that from day 1. Differing opinions are not the problem. I typically avoid any forums when the moderators get too sharp on a particular aspect that is near and dear. I doubt I need to elaborate on this.

I'm not saying you or anyone in particular is awful, incompetent,  or completely one-sided to the point of ruin. What I am saying is.. I have been witness to what can happen when moderators of a forum do take a sharp side from day 1 against a player I respect.. and I want no part of any potential reenactments. It's just not worth it to me.. and I was clear about this in one of my first posts in this subforum. I know I know... mods are fans and posters too, and have every right to yaddayaddayada... and you do. Just as I have every right to try and avoid potential problems for me that I don't want to deal with. 

I have no problem  

The Redskins forum has the best two moderators on FF.

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Redskins forum has the best two moderators on FF.

No knock on any others, as many are great, but I 100% agree with this statement. It's been like that for a long time. It was like what when e was more active and doing it to. 

As FF has declined in posting over the years, there's a reason the Redskins forum has been able to stay active, and a big part of that is having a moderator group like Thai and Woz who keep the discussion in check also actively participate. But it's also having someone like turtle, who will fight tooth and nail for his opinion even when I think it's the wrong one.

No one needs to post here who doesn't want to, but I think it's kind of weak to denigrate the forum.

Brothers, I'm getting excited about this season. @Slappy Mchas it right- Run the ball and stop the run and limit mistakes. We can all get diverted in the argument of Cousins and Smith, but the real MVP's for us are Peterson- this guy is unbelievably great, the Bama Boys with the Greek God on our DL who completed dominated the Dallas OL. These are three very young guys who are showing they are studs who with that huge NT Settle are going to make our defense hard to run on. Of course Kerrigan was a beast and Nancy came to play. If he continues this I am going back to calling him Preston. Ttere is no way we shoudn't win our division this year and be playoff bound. Its kind of funny that 17 years after Danny fired Marty for being too unimaginative and boring on offense, we are now fully committed and winning with "Marty ball"- run the ball, stop the run, limit mistakes and win in close games. . 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I have no problem  

Understood. And thanks. Just didn't want you to feel like you were being driven out for having your point of view. 

Archived