2019 NFL Draft - Secondary

Forge

On 2/28/2019 at 4:15 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Ward was a fiend in press man at OSU. Murphy almost never plays man...especially press man. 

but thats the defense though and what they call

we're going to be running a ton of zone anyway with Wilks we know that 

Murphy sticks with receivers even in zone, tackles well, and make plays on the ball

he's going to be a very good corner I'd deff be happy drafting him at 17

On 2/20/2019 at 1:55 PM, goldfishwars said:

Someone give me some hope for this corner class. 

Here's one that kinda flew under your radar. But the guy made noise at the Shrine game and Senior Bowl.

Decently fast. Sticks like glue and is a ball hawk.

Jimmy Moreland - JMU.

63PDs (career)

18 INTs with 6 returned for TDs. Both are school records.

363 INT return yards.

And he did this in only 3 years. 

Seems like whenever we really needed to get the ball back, Jimmy got it. And as soon as he gets it he looks to score. He sets up his blockers really well.

Some highlights:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000001013556/Jimmy-Moreland-reads-screen-play-for-impressive-tackle-for-loss

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-jmu-jimmy-moreland-nfl-draft-bzbz

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Jeezla said:

What does he do better than David Long?

I think he's better at football in general, but I'll stick to two stats: tackles and ball disruption. Love has more passes defended this season alone than Long had in his entire career (ditto for tackles). I like Long, but Love is likely to have a longer, more consistent career based on what I've seen. Love reminds me of Logan Ryan, although I think he'll get drafted in the 2nd.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, ReadyToThump said:

Is it just me or is this the weakest CB draft in recent memory. 

It's up there.  But I feel like we've been spoiled with particularly top heavy draft classes in recent years.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, ReadyToThump said:

I think there are some starters out there. Maybe even really good #2 starters. I don't think there's a blue chip prospect at all. I doubt anyone wants Greedy, Baker, or Murphy as their long-term shutdown #1 CB.

Forgive me if the safety position has been ranked already, but I'm trying to figure out Johnathan Abram. I have him pretty easily behind CGJ, Adderley, Thompson, and Thornhill. I honestly like Rapp and Savage more. Where do you guys fit him in?

On 3/13/2019 at 12:03 PM, BayRaider said:

So am I crazy to think Julian Love is CB2 in this class next to Baker?

I think he’s CB2 as well except for under Byron Murphy. I think Baker is going to eventually be moved to FS. 

Love is just so good in coverage he’s always around the receiver and making plays on the ball. He’s not the most athletic. 

If I’m playing the Falcons I wouldn’t want him covering Julio, but I’d be feel comfortable with him on Sanu or Ridley. 

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think he’s CB2 as well except for under Byron Murphy. I think Baker is going to eventually be moved to FS. 

Love is just so good in coverage he’s always around the receiver and making plays on the ball. He’s not the most athletic. 

If I’m playing the Falcons I wouldn’t want him covering Julio, but I’d be feel comfortable with him on Sanu or Ridley. 

After how bad Byron Murphy did at the Combine, he's falling and falling hard.

On 14/03/2019 at 9:25 AM, ReadyToThump said:

I don't think it's just you.  It's really...ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh at the top especially.  There are a good bundle of guys who will play for a long time though.  Just as more #2 and Nickle Corners i think.  There's no stud here.  But some random guy will emerge from the later rounds to make me look stupid, because scouting DBs is dumb and hard.

Archived