2019 NFL Draft - Running Backs

Forge

19 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Sanders declared though, I think can be a sleeper for sure as I think he has the skill set to do well on all 3 downs

Wasn't he the #2 RB in the country out of HS? Not sure he's much of a sleeper. NFL FO's know about him.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:05 PM, Chiefer said:

Watched some David Montgomery tape and he looked like Kareem Hunt. Fair assessment?

Difficult guy to get a beat on. Great in pass-pro, I give him that - really looks for work and seems to enjoy it. Need to see more, but other first impressions were that he reminded me of TJ Yeldon as a runner. 

3 hours ago, bomont said:

So good RBs bore you?   ?

I didn't see a lot of him, but what I saw was good.  Not Barkley dazzling, but good.  Good vision, burst, hands etc. 

What elite traits does he have? Nothing he does is overly exciting. He's average in every area which will keep him on an NFL roster, but he has no traits to set himself apart from the other NFL RB's. Boring.

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

What elite traits does he have? Nothing he does is overly exciting. He's average in every area which will keep him on an NFL roster, but he has no traits to set himself apart from the other NFL RB's. Boring.

Strikes me as a more physical/better vision James White, who should be able to run between the tackles a little better, but has that all around game that could serve a team well.

Edited by Fureys49ers

3 hours ago, bomont said:

What are you talking about?  I just said he was good, not elite.   Good "boring" players help teams win a SB every year.  And he is IMO more than "average."  But we'll see.

Sanders is an average back that has significant fumbling issues. That’s not a recipe to stay around very long.