2019 NFL Draft - Offensive Line

Forge

25 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

As a Sooner fan, I am disappointed Cody Ford declared. However, with the lack of overall talent in the OL, I understand why he did! Now I hope my 9ers grab him in perhaps the 2nd round...

Top 15-20 pick IMO.  Although, teams are dumb and undervalue RTs for some reason.  It's not like Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Von Miller, etc... all go up against RTs, 9_9

I'm hoping the Bengals take him at #11.  Cody Ford would be a massive upgrade over Bobby Hart...

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

Top 15 pick IMO.  Although, teams are dumb and undervalue RTs for some reason.  It's not like Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Von Miller, etc... all go up against RTs, 9_9

I'm hoping the Bengals take him at #11.  Cody Ford would be a massive upgrade over Bobby Hart...

Wow, really?! Huh. I can definitely see why he declared if you think he is that good.

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Top 15 pick IMO.  Although, teams are dumb and undervalue RTs for some reason.  It's not like Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Von Miller, etc... all go up against RTs, 9_9

I'd expect the Vikings to highly consider him at 18 if he's available as well

20 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Well, teams undervalue RTs...I might overvalue them, xD

I don't think this really holds merit when looking back over the last handful of years.

Mike McGlinchey went 9th overall last year.

Jack Conklin went 8th overall in 2016.

Brandon Scherff went 5th overall in 2015, Andrus Peat went 13th.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Thoughts on Mitch Hyatt?

Mitch Hyatt = Joel Bitonio

I made that comparison a few months ago in the browns forum but we don’t need a G. I think he’s got a shot to play RT but he’s gonna be a really good G.

56 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I made that comparison a few months ago in the browns forum but we don’t need a G. I think he’s got a shot to play RT but he’s gonna be a really good G.

Clemson is turning into a feeder school for the Texans, and there is a need for a RT, so Mitch might be a nice pickup...

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Clemson is turning into a feeder school for the Texans, and there is a need for a RT, so Mitch might be a nice pickup...

He’s probably the most underrated OL in the draft. I’d love for the browns to draft him. There’s just no spot for him even if he does play RT.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Good comp. I see him as a slightly shorter Riley Reiff.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Thoughts on Mitch Hyatt?

He has gone against first round DL his entire career and shut them down. Going to be a steal for someone. I watched many Texans game this year due to the Clemson guys, and he would be a significant upgrade to that OL day one. 

He isn’t going to wow you athletically but technically is outstanding and he is proven vs elite talent. I think his draft will be just like HS ranking. Was a 5* and dropped to 4* right at the end due to his weight and then performed like a 5*. Will go mid round and perform like a 1st-2nd round pick and a day one starter. 

Archived