2019 NFL Draft - Offensive Line

Forge

On 19/04/2019 at 9:35 AM, IDOG_det said:

It would be a risk because I've never seen him play from the left side. The value between LT and RT is pretty equal right now, so I would just keep him on the right side. If a team has brought him in for a workout and ran him through everything from a left tackle stance and liked what they saw, then I could see it happening. My guess is he stays on the right side though. 

Yeah.  This is basically where i'm at on Risner.

The guy is a stud.  If you just need a RT, there's basically nothing to knock him on there, he's clean as it gets.  And frankly, most of the teams looking for OTs in the Top-10ish are all looking at RTs who might be able to be LT.  But if they aren't, it's nbd.  I'm kinda at the point where i'd actually like Risner over Jawaan Taylor who is constantly mocked to the Jags at 7.  It'd be terrible "value", but i legitimately think Risner is the guy who could end up a Pro Bowl caliber RT.    If you want a RT...Risner is the guy.

On 4/19/2019 at 4:39 PM, jrry32 said:

My sim team needs a LT of the future (signed Ty Nsekhe as a bridge). He's a guy I'm considering with my late-first round pick. I have Orlando Brown Jr. at RT.

There aren't very many options on the left side this year. Jonah Williams can play left tackle at a high level. Andre Dillard is overrated like crazy. He'll likely go first round but he won't live up to that. He's going to need time to completely re-work his game, and he should move inside to left guard. Jawaan Taylor didn't look comfortable on the left side when he played there. Cody Ford only played guard on the left side. He did look pretty comfortable in a left tackle stance in some of the combine drills, so perhaps he could find a home at left tackle, although I prefer him on the right side. Kaleb McGary has only played on the right side and I like jump-setters like him to move inside to guard. Greg Little can play on the left side, but he's young and still has some work to do. He's got solid recovery ability though so he has a little bit of a fail-safe there even if he gets beat initially by a defender with better technique. Bobby Evans probably gets moved inside. I don't get the Tytus Howard hype, he didn't dominate a small level, not sure why many expect him to be good in the NFL. Yodny Cajuste is injured and is a developmental guy anyway, also likely to move inside. Chuma Edoga tested really well, could have some upside, haven't watched him much though (also get the impression most like him inside). Mitch Hyatt tested decently but he hasn't improved over a few years and lacks the strength to be a starter. Max Scharping needs a lot of development, could be a player 3-4 years down the line but would likely struggle a lot if he played this year. Martez Ivey isn't very good, living on high school hype at this point. David Edwards isn't very good. Isaiah Prince is a right side guy. Oli Udoh is a right side guy and might get moved inside. Trey Pipkins is an intriguing developmental prospect, could see a team like the Packers drafting him. Paul Adams is a right side guy. Yosuah Nijman is a good athlete but is also like a practice squad guy. 

So basically, Jonah Williams is the only solid LT. Cody Ford could potentially flip sides. Jawaan Taylor would be a big risk there. Greg Little can play there but needs development. Trey Pipkins is a good developmental option. Chuma Edgoa has some athletic upside. And that's it. Everyone else is either a right side player, a guard, or way too overpriced.

4 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

There aren't very many options on the left side this year. Jonah Williams can play left tackle at a high level. Andre Dillard is overrated like crazy. He'll likely go first round but he won't live up to that. He's going to need time to completely re-work his game, and he should move inside to left guard. Jawaan Taylor didn't look comfortable on the left side when he played there. Cody Ford only played guard on the left side. He did look pretty comfortable in a left tackle stance in some of the combine drills, so perhaps he could find a home at left tackle, although I prefer him on the right side. Kaleb McGary has only played on the right side and I like jump-setters like him to move inside to guard. Greg Little can play on the left side, but he's young and still has some work to do. He's got solid recovery ability though so he has a little bit of a fail-safe there even if he gets beat initially by a defender with better technique. Bobby Evans probably gets moved inside. I don't get the Tytus Howard hype, he didn't dominate a small level, not sure why many expect him to be good in the NFL. Yodny Cajuste is injured and is a developmental guy anyway, also likely to move inside. Chuma Edoga tested really well, could have some upside, haven't watched him much though (also get the impression most like him inside). Mitch Hyatt tested decently but he hasn't improved over a few years and lacks the strength to be a starter. Max Scharping needs a lot of development, could be a player 3-4 years down the line but would likely struggle a lot if he played this year. Martez Ivey isn't very good, living on high school hype at this point. David Edwards isn't very good. Isaiah Prince is a right side guy. Oli Udoh is a right side guy and might get moved inside. Trey Pipkins is an intriguing developmental prospect, could see a team like the Packers drafting him. Paul Adams is a right side guy. Yosuah Nijman is a good athlete but is also like a practice squad guy. 

So basically, Jonah Williams is the only solid LT. Cody Ford could potentially flip sides. Jawaan Taylor would be a big risk there. Greg Little can play there but needs development. Trey Pipkins is a good developmental option. Chuma Edgoa has some athletic upside. And that's it. Everyone else is either a right side player, a guard, or way too overpriced.

I'm picking 29th. The two guys I'm targeting are Ford and Risner. They're the only two available guys I feel confident will be players in this league who could play LT in my mind. If I decide to go with a different position or trade down, I'll draft Chuma Edoga on Day 2. I like his game. He needs to get stronger and has a lot clean up, but he has LT feet, smoothness, and body control. And despite being short, he has more than enough length.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, Jeezla said:

I think McGary isn't too far behind on the "safe pick" charts. Plug him in at RT, and you're good for the next 10 years at that position. A Lindstrom RG/McGary RT combo could turn your OL fortunes around, ala the Colts this past year.

Ummmm  Jeezla did you somehow sneak into the Falcons warroom and draft for the Falcons today fam it's scary how accurate you picked this combo and im guessing you like what we did in the draft after seeing this?

20 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Ummmm  Jeezla did you somehow sneak into the Falcons warroom and draft for the Falcons today fam it's scary how accurate you picked this combo and im guessing you like what we did in the draft after seeing this?

Haha if I'm Devonta Freeman, I'm feeling really good right now (Until the Falcons draft David Montgomery). Matt Ryan is probably happy too. Yea, I like it for you guys a lot. That's the type of draft that helps you win the NFCS. Obviously the dirty birds still need defensive help, but the offense will now be able to execute like they did during their SB run. Matt Ryan fantasy stock on the rise. It's also dope that those two already have a bond from being at SB and combine together. They gonna be besties for life now.

You reached for Lindstrom, but with the way your team is construed, the pick makes a lot of sense, just like the trade for Amari Cooper made sense for the Cowboys, even though they probably overpaid too. It's a reach that's probably going to translate 1 or 2 extra W's (When you combine him with McGary) and not be considered a reach in hind-site 2-3 years from now, or maybe even this Jan, when the Falcons are playing meaningful games. 

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Haha if I'm Devonta Freeman, I'm feeling really good right now (Until the Falcons draft David Montgomery). Matt Ryan is probably happy too. Yea, I like it for you guys a lot. That's the type of draft that helps you win the NFCS. Obviously the dirty birds still need defensive help, but the offense will now be able to execute like they did during their SB run. Matt Ryan fantasy stock on the rise. It's also dope that those two already have a bond from being at SB and combine together. They gonna be besties for life now.

You reached for Lindstrom, but with the way your team is construed, the pick makes a lot of sense, just like the trade for Amari Cooper made sense for the Cowboys, even though they probably overpaid too. It's a reach that's probably going to translate 1 or 2 extra W's (When you combine him with McGary) and not be considered a reach in hind-site 2-3 years from now, or maybe even this Jan, when the Falcons are playing meaningful games. 

Reaches don't both me anymore like it might most people.  I quit with all that reaching nonsense when we reached on Keanu Neal and Deion jones a round each which were more of a reach than what lindstrom was this time lol.  To me if the guy is a good player and a scheme fit and i like the guy then im ok with the pick reach or not.  Both Neal and Debo became pro bowlers and i would reach on them again all day long lol.  Lnidstrom is actually my favorite OG in this draft and i had him in alot of my own mocks in round 2 after taking Wilkins or Oliver in round 1. Both of those DT's were gone so Lindstrom would have been the 2nd person picked by me in my own mocks i can't be mad at that lol.   Kaleb i really didn't know much about so i can't talk much up on him although i sorta don't like giving up a 3rd to go get him with as much talent that was left going into round 2 i think we might could have had him, Ford,Greedy, or Taylor drop to us.

I would say this is what our OL looks like right now with depth added too it.

RT -  Kaleb Mcary > Matt Gono > John Wetzel
RG - Chris Lindstrom > Jamon Brown > Brandon Fusco
C -   Alex Mack > Wes Scwietzer
LG - James Carpenter/Jamon Brown > Sean Harlow - Carpenter and Brown were both 3 to 4 yr  3 to 5 mil free agents this offseason former starters for last team.
LT - Jake Matthews > Ty Sambrallo

Overall thats a nice starting 5 i think and legit vet quality depth incase of injuries that have started and started well for teams.  Then you add in 3 top 15 ranked blocking TE's in Austin Hooper, Luke Stocker, and Logan Paulen  and by god we should be able to run the ball and pas protect now hopefully.    It only cost us 2 1st round picks and 2 free agent offensive lineman and 2 TE's lol

38 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:
1 hour ago, N4L said:

which offensive linemen are the cardinals going to draft at #33 tomorrow? 

Cody Ford...  BOOMER!!

Whoops, meant to ask - which offensive lineman will be served up as a sacrificial lamb for BOSA and FORD?:D

Archived