The Ultimeat Showdown! Butcher Battle Round 4 and Don't Be Fowl Round 2 posted in OP on 11/08

Dome

Just now, Dome said:

Pulled pork isn’t exclusive to pork shoulder, that’s just what it’s most commonly (and should be) made out of. I wanted to stick with cuts rather than preparations 

its the same reason I didn’t list country style ribs under the shoulder, cause there’s about 6 cuts you can get them from.

Still, that's burying the lede there.

18 hours ago, Dome said:

ROUND 2

Beef Short Loin vs Beef Rib
Beef Brisket vs Beef Sirloin
Pork Shoulder vs Pork Tenderloin
Pork Ribs vs Pork Belly

Redemption (Elimination) Bracket

Ground Beef vs Pork Butt (Ham, Shank, Hock)
Beef Round vs Ground Sausage 
Beef Flank/Plate vs Pork Loin
Beef Chuck vs Sausage Links

That first one was hard as hell. Ribeye and Filet are pretty much equal for me with maybe the smallest advantage to Filet. But prime rib and beef ribs are superior to strip and the margin is bigger so went with Rib. But I hate you for making me choose.

ROUND 2

Beef Short Loin vs Beef Rib
Beef Brisket vs Beef Sirloin
Pork Shoulder vs Pork Tenderloin
Pork Ribs vs Pork Belly

Ground Beef vs Pork Butt (Ham, Shank, Hock)
Beef Round vs Ground Sausage 
Beef Flank/Plate vs Pork Loin
Beef Chuck vs Sausage Links

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Pulled pork isn’t exclusive to pork shoulder, that’s just what it’s most commonly (and should be) made out of. I wanted to stick with cuts rather than preparations 

its the same reason I didn’t list country style ribs under the shoulder, cause there’s about 6 cuts you can get them from.

While this is true, a lot of the non-shoulder cuts that you can get country style ribs from have fat in them that doesn't render off all that easily.  It's one of those rare instances with pork where I don't like a fattier cut.  Probably just because what I grew up on.  But I'll take country style ribs over babybacks all day long.

56 minutes ago, The LBC said:

While this is true, a lot of the non-shoulder cuts that you can get country style ribs from have fat in them that doesn't render off all that easily.  

Maybe its based on region, cause that’s not really the case here on my experience... Or maybe it’s just based on who’s doing the trimming?

The most common CS rib after shoulder here is the center cut loin (like 99% lean) and picnic hams, which maybe won’t render that well but still have much less fat than the shoulder 

Edited by Dome

On 10/18/2018 at 1:07 PM, Dome said:

PHASE 1 - BUTCHER BATTLE

ROUND 2

Pork Ribs vs Pork Belly

14 hours ago, Dome said:
14 hours ago, Woz said:

Still, that's burying the lede there.

I had no idea that was the phrase. Always thought it was lead. 

It is lead. As in a lead pipe. That's gonna get buried in the back of your skull if you keep this up. 

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It is lead. As in a lead pipe. That's gonna get buried in the back of your skull if you keep this up. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/bury-the-lede-versus-lead

Let me give you an example. If I were to write the following as an article:

Breaking News: @ET80 is Wrong About Lede vs. Lead, May be Unable to Read or Write

During a voting contest on a football website, an intense debate has sprung up over which meat is superior. Currently in the winner's bracket, 2 favorites are squaring off and beef rib currently holds a slim 8-7 lead over beef short loin.

This would not be correct. The most important part of this "news article" is the vote tally, since you are wrong constantly that's not the real news at this point. Therefore, I buried the lede.

Also I hate you.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This would not be correct. The most important part of this "news article" is the vote tally, since you are wrong constantly, it's not news at this point. Therefore, I buried the lede.

No, the most important part of the news article is you're a dullard who needs to have a lead pipe buried into your chest. 

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Also I hate you

Fake news. 

On 10/18/2018 at 1:07 PM, Dome said:

ROUND 2

Pork Ribs vs Pork Belly

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Marion Berry'd involves a crack pipe, not a lead pipe. Subtle difference. 

I was just made aware that there was a former politician named Marion Barry. He was a black man. So technically he was Black Barry as well. 

We need a Blue Barry, as well as Rass and Huck. 

Marion really screwed up by not making a Soul/R&B Group with the neighbor kids called Boyz n Barry 

#MakeAmericaSweetAgain

Edited by Dome

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

I was just made aware that there was a former politician named Marion Barry. He was a black man. So technically he was Black Barry as well. 

We need a Blue Barry, as well as Rass and Huck. 

Marion really screwed up by not making a Soul/R&B Group with the neighbor kids called Boyz n Barry 

#MakeAmericaSweetAgain

Marion Berry was arrested for buying/smoking crack while Mayor of Washington DC. 

He was then re-elected.