The Ultimeat Showdown! Butcher Battle Round 4 and Don't Be Fowl Round 2 posted in OP on 11/08

Dome

Also, if I can't get goat (yes, goat) for my chili, I use chuck every time so I'm bias there.  You can get a truly awesome braise out of chuck that leaves you with really succulent chunks of beef in your chili (ground meat in chili is pointless).

On 10/19/2018 at 11:35 AM, ET80 said:

Ok. Looks like I have to call in the squad.

We got some important work ahead of us.

I have been called, apparently.

Matchup 1 - #1 Beef Short Loin vs #8 Ground Beef
Matchup 2 - #2 Beef Rib vs #7 Beef Round
Matchup 3 - #3 Beef Brisket vs #6 Beef Flank/Plate
Matchup 4 - #4 Beef Sirloin vs #5 Beef Chuck

Pretty solid rankings. Would make a couple alterations, but I think I'm pretty comfortable going chalk here in this first round.

Matchup 5 - #1 Pork Shoulder vs #8 Pork Butt, Leg, Shank, Hocks
Matchup 6 - #2 Sausage (Bulk) vs #7 Pork Tenderloin
Matchup 7 - #3 Pork Ribs vs #6 Pork Loin
Matchup 8 - #4 Pork Belly vs #5 Sausage (Links)

On the other hand, with all due respect, what is this

No respect for the all rounder that is ham, tenderloin brutally underrated, bulk sausage 3 ranks ahead of links? I mean, any ranking of pork is gonna be hard because it's all so good, but only my love of ribs prevented this from being reverse chalk. Though bacon vs. brats and kielbasa is a brutally difficult matchup, and I think loin against a few other competitors would've been a win for it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

On the other hand, with all due respect, what is this

In hindsight, I need to apologize to @Dome - I spent the last little bit trying to rank pork and always hating whatever I came up with because something had to be last and it felt wrong

Why is pork so freaking good?

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Yup.  I've been on record for a while that Filet is overrated as hell.  And I'll take rib cuts for my steak all day over any loin cut.

TBone is the greatest cut of steak. You are wrong. 

Brisket is the king of all though

Edited by Matts4313

58 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

TBone is the greatest cut of steak. You are wrong. 

Brisket is the king of all though

Rib>loin 

not a debate.

new York strip is the most overrated there is 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im about to Mike Myers on you. You scumbag. 

Tbone. 

Nothing else matters.

Best way to enjoy a tbone: you take your tbone and pull all the meat off the bone, it might be sharp enough to carve into a rib for a better steak than you had before.

really though I have no qualms with the porterhouse.... I just like the rib better

Edited by Dome

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I have the flu and I might be dying. Might be a delay on round 2

I only have use of half of my face (Thanks Bell's Palsy flare-up) and my kids are making fun of me for it (I've taught them well, but laughing at myself out only one side of my mouth is a kick in the nuts).  Suck it up.  I did.

22 hours ago, The LBC said:

I only have use of half of my face (Thanks Bell's Palsy flare-up) and my kids are making fun of me for it (I've taught them well, but laughing at myself out only one side of my mouth is a kick in the nuts).  Suck it up.  I did.

I’m sorry you have your women’s issues or whatever, but the sniffles are no joke 

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’m sorry you have your women’s issues or whatever, but the sniffles are no joke 

I'm pretty sure my wife would go bed-ridden and have no qualms with training the kids to come at the call of a bell if she came down with this.

Now, yes, I can see where this might sound appealing except that if half of her face was frozen in place and making her look like she'd had a stroke, she'd also never leave the house - which means (with her bed-ridden) I'd never leave the house except to pick up takeout.  Which means I'd probably drink myself to death and never realize my dream of having a monkey butler.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I'm pretty sure my wife would go bed-ridden and have no qualms with training the kids to come at the call of a bell if she came down with this.

Now, yes, I can see where this might sound appealing except that if half of her face was frozen in place and making her look like she'd had a stroke, she'd also never leave the house - which means (with her bed-ridden) I'd never leave the house except to pick up takeout.  Which means I'd probably drink myself to death and never realize my dream of having a monkey butler.

I’ll do what I can to get you a monkey butler.

and by do what I can, I mean I’m pretty sure we can trick @Tyty into it