HYDE TO JAX

mistakey

41 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Honestly the two concerning parts to me 

1. Chubb’s pass blocking 

2. How this will effect us signing FAs in the future. If I’m a FA I wouldn’t want to sign with a time that has a history of trading guys early in their contract 

responding to #2. its not like this happens all the time, dorsey doesnt do this often. Also reports coming out that it was the jags that reached out to the Browns. Its not like Dorsey was calling teams shopping him.

I like the move.

Hyde is a replaceable back and is just decent. I like the idea of Chubb/Johnson better. Johnson in my eyes is our best offensive weapon who will be on the field more often now. Chubb has grit. Sony Michel who is doing a damn good job in NE right now couldn't beat chubb out. At Georgia. I think the move will open up our offense. I wanna see how he does catching balls out of the backfield too. Pass blocking is coachable. Pure catching is talent in my eyes. Let's see how it plays out. I liked Hyde but he is what he is. I think you can get the same running from Chubb with more burst. 

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Gotta imagine the only guys salty at this one are diehard OSU fans. He's a runningback averaging 3.4 yards per carry. Whatever. Take the pick and go. 

Makes sense, I'd rather lose with Buckeyes than win with better players. Same goes for the Buckeyes, I'd rather lose with a team full of my high school team than win with the team they currently have.

57 minutes ago, brownie man said:

1. Chubb’s pass blocking 

2. How this will effect us signing FAs in the future. If I’m a FA I wouldn’t want to sign with a time that has a history of trading guys early in their contract 

1. Who frickin cares. Have him run dumpoff routes until it improves. Scheme to the talent (foreign concept to Browns fans, I know).

2. I'm sure free agents will be super worried about getting traded from a team that went 1-15 to a team the was in the conference championship game. The horror!

4 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

1. Who frickin cares. Have him run dumpoff routes until it improves. Scheme to the talent (foreign concept to Browns fans, I know).

2. I'm sure free agents will be super worried about getting traded from a team that went 1-15 to a team the was in the conference championship game. The horror!

Idk man this dude just had a kid that’s a big deal for a new family 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

1. Chubb’s pass blocking 

1. My feeling is that Hyde's pass pro performance last Sunday was all Dorsey needed to make this move. If Hyde didn't have that advantage over him, there was no reason to be holding the rookie back and ride it out with the one-year fix. They've clearly realized they're in the developmental stage of this team and there was just no reason not to get the long term players more opportunities.

2. I believe you're overthinking it. I'm confident this team can still attract some nice players if they think they can make a long term impact. Those will be the ones that matter most at least. Even that is overthinking things. In the end, there's an opportunity that pays the bills, and upside of an exciting young team. Not to mention: #AmericasTeam

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

i mean if you watch this

and also watch his oakland tape and you see that he can break tackles and pull away from defenders at this level just like he did in college

how can u not get happy

Because the majority of those plays in that video happened before this.... which is also the reason he fell in the draft to us in the first place. 

w7o6AsMMHROD.jpg

Archived