Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

9 minutes ago, bruceb said:

All this economic disruption/destruction was based on exagerrated/sensational projections of "scientists" and almost certainly was not worth what it cost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5FWB-IEPX0

Only a Fox News viewer would use quote marks around a word used to describe the world's leading experts on a matter.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Only a Fox News viewer would use quote marks around a word used to describe the world's leading experts on a matter.

Just like in any profession one's given social status and respect eventually is only as good as what they produce.

The "scientists" have produced squat and caused great damage.

37 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

And for the record, this might have been the stupidist post I ever have read in this forum.

I follow stuff from Salon, The Atlantic, The Hill, WAPO, the NYT and just about any source I can find.

The "scientists" are people, who by their nature make mistakes.

Especially when they are operating on inaccurate/incomplete data.

Which is exactly what happened here.

I do not give a rat's *** about "world's leading experts" opinions since they have been proved wrong by the facts.

Or about yours, which is also so wrong.

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

And for the record, this might have been the stupidist post I ever have read in this forum.

I follow stuff from Salon, The Atlantic, The Hill, WAPO, the NYT and just about any source I can find.

The "scientists" are people, who by their nature make mistakes.

Especially when they are operating on inaccurate/incomplete data.

Which is exactly what happened here.

I do not give a rat's *** about "world's leading experts" opinions since they have been proved wrong by the facts.

Or about yours, which is also so wrong.

You also said the death toll wouldn’t reach 100,000.

How'd that go?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pmk said:

I'd gladly double the economic loss if it would bring my aunt back to life, get this **** out of the forums

My personal fav response is that they’re blasting projections with economic projections.

Also, I’m sorry.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t want a single protestor to catch the virus. I don’t care what kind of ugly things they’re doing or saying.

If they catch it, they’ll spread it to somebody who has played by the rules.

I just want to know when the “I don’t have to wear a mask, it’s my right not to” (for workers in particular) starts applying to all workers and other things?

For example, when does the cook get to say it’s his right not to wash his hands after rocking a deuce at work?  Or when the healthcare worker gets to pass on the mask when they’re taking care of immunocompromised patients?

You’d think we’re asking people to walk around with their nuts in a vice wearing a ball gag ffs.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just want to know when the “I don’t have to wear a mask, it’s my right not to” (for workers in particular) starts applying to all workers and other things?

For example, when does the cook get to say it’s his right not to wash his hands after rocking a deuce at work?  Or when the healthcare worker gets to pass on the mask when they’re taking care of immunocompromised patients?

You’d think we’re asking people to walk around with their nuts in a vice wearing a ball gag ffs.

It’s called entitlement.

I’d say that’s the biggest character flaw of our country.

• Like 3