Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

On 1/15/2022 at 10:01 AM, malibuspeedrace said:

My second has sucked out every remaining ounce of my soul.

good luck

I just had my first and Im about to lose my dam mind trying to get them to sleep during actual sleep hours. When its 11pm and all they do it cry, wake up crying every 5 mins after they shut their eyes, dont want pacifier and refuse to just go to sleep even though they are clearly exhausted.

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just had my first and Im about to lose my dam mind trying to get them to sleep during actual sleep hours. When its 11pm and all they do it cry, wake up crying every 5 mins after they shut their eyes, dont want pacifier and refuse to just go to sleep even though they are clearly exhausted.

That gets better…just hang in there.

once they start talking….it all goes downhill.

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know they make those Amazon kids tablets (im sure you have seen them) that come with pink/blue/green rubber cases on them and are only loaded with kids games and apps.

My sister has 2 of them for her kids and its like the new age pacifier. 

Edit: These things

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-7-Kids-Edition-Tablet/dp/B07H8WS1FT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=kids+tablet&qid=1642353804&sprefix=kids+ta%2Caps%2C105&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTzdJUUNYRVE0VTdNJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDYzNjMxMTkyNENTMkpTNlNRUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzgzMjE4Mkg4SFRXSlowUUtNQSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

All tablets are called ipads in our house.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

That's how I ended up being awake at stupid times, watching NFL for the first time, then choosing the Browns.

Stupid kids.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

That gets better…just hang in there.

once they start talking….it all goes downhill.

Yeah buddy.  Babies are easy comparative.  

Wait until they’re mobile, opinionated and able to express that opinion.

Theres not much in life more frustrating than trying to explain to a hysterical toddler why they can’t put salt on their oatmeal as they cry and flail on the floor belligerently only for you to eventually cave and put the salt on their oatmeal to then have them crumple to the floor again in fury/disappointment/frustration when it turns out dad wad right all along and salty oatmeal isn’t good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Theres not much in life more frustrating than trying to explain to a hysterical toddler why they can’t put salt on their oatmeal as they cry and flail on the floor belligerently only for you to eventually cave and put the salt on their oatmeal to then have them crumple to the floor again in fury/disappointment/frustration when it turns out dad wad right all along and salty oatmeal isn’t good.

So glad we aren't the only ones who have this happen.

Right now my daughter doesn't want help with anything. Until she does. Then she gets mad that she needed help. 

200.gif

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wasn’t a fan of natural consequences until my kids were toddlers, and now I use them all the time to a degree in a lot of areas. Good teaching and learning opportunities if done correctly.

My 4 yo girl just lies to our face constantly. I hate it. 

Her brother was getting very upset because he lost his toy tractor. We asked her if she had it. She said no. She was hiding it under her cushion. She constantly takes food out for the neighbor's kid without asking. 

I cant wait for this phase to be over 

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

My 4 yo girl just lies to our face constantly. I hate it. 

Her brother was getting very upset because he lost his toy tractor. We asked her if she had it. She said no. She was hiding it under her cushion. She constantly takes food out for the neighbor's kid without asking. 

I cant wait for this phase to be over 

Mine will be 4 in April. She hasn’t started lying yet. Hope it doesn’t start at 4. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Every snowfall gets me closer to moving south. 

I visited Naples FLA this past year and oooooo buddy I loved it. If I didnt have to worry about my house being blown away by a hurricane, strangers on bath salts climbing through my windows, a laughably bad education system for my kids and brainwashed MAGA folks running around like zombies---I would move there in a heartbeat. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1