Who should be shipped out next?

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Not sure about that but even on highlights alone, you could see Carr making the exact kinds of plays fans claim he can't make today.

Pretty sure they are second in sacks. That's what I've heard anyway multiple times.

Carr wiggled and rolled I was impressed. Especially with the crying controversy. Evading sacks using you legs and taking a broken play to make something happen. That’s what you want in a qb. Carr is definitely a mystery box you never know what you are going to get on game day. There isn’t any high profile qb’s in the draft and we can use this magic chance to completely rebuild our defense and add more weapons on offense.

11 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I tend to agree with this. At least vs last year. Although Carr has also had a lot of plays where he has been skittish or bad under pressure too. Heck, he's had those even when there isn't pressure. The theme of this year for him was always to get back on track. My hope is that the end of the year, we see him being cooler under pressure and glimpses of 2016 kinds of plays. There has been a lot of good and bad. I don't understand why everyone makes it so black and white. Although I will admit a lot of the bad plays have been daggers which lose us the game. Probably why.

What perplexes me though is a lot of people use the "well we wont win soon anyway" excuse when saying trade Carr....but they aren't willing to even wait the rest of the season to see if he can improve before writing him off. I realize humans are prisoners of the moment by nature....but damn. And further, I'd be open to dealing the guy in the future depending on how things work out. I just think we need to see more.

He's 27. And QB is the hardest position to find. You should keep him and let him develop with Gruden as was the original plan. Games like yesterday, it's so easy to love what he can do. He needs to build off this. SO often lately, he reverts back to another guy and it seems to come when things breakdown. When his Oline is working as was the case yesterday, he excels. But when they are getting beat upfront he struggles to handle consistent pressure. That's the main issue.

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's 27. And QB is the hardest position to find. You should keep him and let him develop with Gruden as was the original plan. Games like yesterday, it's so easy to love what he can do. He needs to build off this. SO often lately, he reverts back to another guy and it seems to come when things breakdown. When his Oline is working as was the case yesterday, he excels. But when they are getting beat upfront he struggles to handle consistent pressure. That's the main issue.

Which begs the question, what do we do? Switch back to power blocking?  Add another formidable tackle? How much can you invest in an OL? 

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Bruce Irvin could go too

‘Bruce Irvin played 24 defensive snaps on Sunday vs. Indy, just 31 percent of the total Raiders defensive snap count on a day where the Silver and Black had just five quarterback pressures (1 QB hit)’

I said that Irvin had barely played, he must be carrying an injury his snap counts aren’t giving value to his salary.

5 hours ago, Totty said:

Which begs the question, what do we do? Switch back to power blocking?  Add another formidable tackle? How much can you invest in an OL? 

Miller and Parker are worth developing. They played pretty well yesterday.

21 minutes ago, Dessie said:

‘Bruce Irvin played 24 defensive snaps on Sunday vs. Indy, just 31 percent of the total Raiders defensive snap count on a day where the Silver and Black had just five quarterback pressures (1 QB hit)’

I said that Irvin had barely played, he must be carrying an injury his snap counts aren’t giving value to his salary.

They’re trying to trade him and don’t want to risk him getting hurt. Let him make babies in another city.

57 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Miller and Parker are worth developing. They played pretty well yesterday.

Miller is doing fine for starting at LT. Most teams usually start their rookies at RT to ease them in, so Miller is doing a solid job so far. Next year we can evaluate him. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Miller is doing fine for starting at LT. Most teams usually start their rookies at RT to ease them in, so Miller is doing a solid job so far. Next year we can evaluate him. 

Agreed. He's not Joe Thomas, but I'm pleased with his play based on what we all expected

Honestly, I'm good with Miller.  He held his own much better than I expected against some of the best pass rushers in the NFL.  It wasn't until he started getting nicked up and Osemele went out that he started looking like crap.

Parker though...  He was thrust into the lineup WAY to soon (not his fault obviously).  He needs to develop and I wouldn't be upset at all to solidify that RT position with a high draft pick and let Parker be our relief/swing tackle of the future.

Honestly, I don't see much more happening.  We simply don't have enough marketable pieces that make sense giving up on.

KJ is likely the only one going and likely for such a minimal pick that we are all going to be upset.  Might as well stay as depth and play special teams if necessary.

Conley would likely fetch a mid-round pick, (guessing 3rd) not worth trading away at all

I think Osemele and Jackson are tradeable, but I'd much, much rather keep them and tailor our system to fit our interior line.  I'm hopeful that with Lynch likely gone, we seek out a back that fits their strength instead of the other way around. Cable needs to go, though I think Gruden continues to stay loyal for some unfathomable reason.

Trading Jordy and Bruce is a pipe dream.  There's not a team in the league that wants these two old geezers with those contracts.  We won't sniff a 2020 7th rounder for either.  Especially Bruce, he's terrible and a distraction at this point...

Whose left?  Cook?  while productive, no one is going to want a 31 y/o non blocking pass catcher.  He's way more valuable to Carr.

Finally Carr... yes I'd take two firsts, though grudgingly.  Is he better than what we have on the roster, what would come available via FA or by draft?  yes, he's a better QB than any of those options.  Gruden is going to have to decide does a couple of extra picks (and who know what other teams are even willing to consider trading for him) plus relief from a  $125 million contract (we have such large cap room now, that we are we're essentially playing with "monopoly money" so it's irrelevant) give us a better chance than having a good/not great QB?  Honestly think he sticks, Gruden's ego wouldn't allow him to essentially give up on 2-3 seasons of molding and developing a brand new QB to his system.  I think Carr is  going to be the man moving forward, but you better believe that McCarron and whatever mid round QBs are drafted are getting hard looks.

On 10/29/2018 at 2:46 AM, big_palooka said:

All the best quarterbacks in the league this year have had stellar protection. Most of them struggle with consistent pressure.

Archived